Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Crosshair IV 0801 Bios

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    (...)
    1m is 2200 stable :P
    what timings ? :P

btw

peeps, anyone know anything about extreme?
    Schedule of Live Extreme Overclocking - info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    "My Backup is bigger than Your Backup"

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAlbert View Post
    what timings ? :P

btw

7-7-6-19

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post

1m is 2200 stable
    Correction

1m is 2271 stable Cas 9 though
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

I am Xtreme
    1m and stable doesn't go together, I want to see pi32m on regular retail chips :p My board is really acting up and I wanted to downflash... no workaround here (via ES afudos versions), latest try is to hotflash via another mobo...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    7-7-6-19

(...)
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    1m and stable doesn't go together, I want to see pi32m on regular retail chips :p
    I know :P but I like benching the 1m :P
    Schedule of Live Extreme Overclocking - info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    "My Backup is bigger than Your Backup"

Brilliant Idiot
    1m and stable doesn't go together, I want to see pi32m on regular retail chips :p My board is really acting up and I wanted to downflash... no workaround here (via ES afudos versions), latest try is to hotflash via another mobo...
    my chips are regular retail

Pics say a 1000 words.....

And fwiw leeg until you actually test a handfull of chips your speculation is just that.

Only diff between my chips and anyone elses is the fact that I binned them on ln2 for app specific goals.
    They surely are not breaking any records on air/water and binning on air/water is useless.

If you have an ACBBE chips well......theres your problem.

One is "elsewhere atm" and the other is busy testing, didn't feel like breaking system apart just for a photo but i can assure you both are not much diff other than bottom 3 digits.
    Last edited by chew*; 05-13-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

I am Xtreme
    You should be able to flash older bios with EZ flash.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

Brilliant Idiot
    BTW planet and i were chatting quite a bit. He went and bought 3 retails and was able to match me at speed timings
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    nope, there is a reason for that though.
    heatware chew*

I am Xtreme

Couldn't downgrade via EZ flash, nor via Bunter app from asus ( all give the the eror that the bios I try to load is older then the one current in use) nor via Afudos from 0801 (usual error, but trying an ES afudos doensn't work either)... Unless I'm missing something Eugene...

Brian let me rephrase say I want to see them results from regular guys Gonna check the Thuban number....

Brilliant Idiot
    Couldn't downgrade via EZ flash, nor via Bunter app from asus ( all give the the eror that the bios I try to load is older then the one current in use) nor via Afudos from 0801 (usual error, but trying an ES afudos doensn't work either)... Unless I'm missing something Eugene...

Brian let me rephrase say I want to see them results from regular guys Gonna check the Thuban number....
    Ahhh Best i can say is the memory controller is real finicky after 2000 unganged.... It's not the ram that needs stabilizing its the cpu. Voltage into ram pisses off IMC at least with elpida.
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    That has not been implemented yet. It's a precaution to keep you flashing back to a older agesa update which could cause bad things to happen.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Voltage seemed to help on the PSC based modules.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    Voltage seemed to help on the PSC based modules.
    good to know, but i don't have any PSC.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Enthusiast
    we're going a bit offtopic here, still no reply back from the asus dude. doesnt anyone here have someone who can make something happens in asus HQ regarding a fix? this is getting to a point i want to sell it and get something better, but what..

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by thijs View Post
    we're going a bit offtopic here, still no reply back from the asus dude. doesnt anyone here have someone who can make something happens in asus HQ regarding a fix? this is getting to a point i want to sell it and get something better, but what..
    It's being worked on afaik. I think the issue lies in the fact that there are certain things with all bios updates that take precedence.

Being able to compete in a Low clock challenge is not one of them I would imagine.
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAlbert View Post

btw

Must be talking about my R III E
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Addict
    Give me your board, i'll give you mine.

Yesterday when i pushed it some it was fluctuating again, about 2MHz ht.

At my daily 20x205 the board seems stable though.

Nice car in your avatar, is that a Mustang Shelby?
    I have four boards here, not a problem so I guess it is time to start looking at CPUs and various combinations. The majority of our beta testers could not replicate this problem but we did have one replicate it yesterday and we are working on a fix now with AMD. Their reference board also does it as do a couple of other boards. It is a shotgun type effect with the BIOS changes so it will take a few rounds of testing to nail it down, but it appears to be a standard behaivor with the 890FX chipset with apparently the right combination of parts and settings.

1968 Shelby GT500 with the Eleanor treatment, although we call the car Abigail after my youngest daughter, a bit tempermental at times but wicked fast.
    Last edited by bingo13; 05-13-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by thijs View Post
    We did not replicate the problem until this morning at which time I replied. As far as something happening, it is being worked on now.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo13 View Post
    I have four boards here, not a problem so I guess it is time to start looking at CPUs and various combinations. The majority of our beta testers could not replicate this problem but we did have one replicate it yesterday and we are working on a fix now with AMD. Their reference board also does it as do a couple of other boards. It is a shotgun type effect with the BIOS changes so it will take a few rounds of testing to nail it down, but it appears to be a standard behaivor with the 890FX chipset with apparently the right combination of parts and settings.

1968 Shelby GT500 with the Eleanor treatment, although we call the car Abigail after my youngest daughter, a bit tempermental at times but wicked fast.
    It's even your own car? Fantastic ride man! I loved Elanor in gone in 60 secs, absolutly stunning.

Thanks for the insight, i think you're right in saying it might have something to do with 890 chipset instead of the Crosshair IV, Infrared 's board (890 chipset but nit CIVF) experienced the same behaviour.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

I am Xtreme
    Got some feedback from Asus NL and one of their testers (OldScarface) got the same NB and NB voltage issues. This also with Bios 0801 (though I had it for sure on 0707 too) ... hope you can correct it asap Gary ( Jack C is also aware now )

Yeah Brian got an ACBBE sample, I'm so fooked :p
    Last edited by Leeghoofd; 05-14-2010 at 03:13 AM.

Xtreme Member
    voltages on the CPU-NB are everywhere! =o\ Not to mention the frequency going up and down is rather annoying. I've got retail and non-retails, and it's like that for everyone of them. o.0 The 801 does help ram frequency though.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NCspecV81 View Post
    voltages on the CPU-NB are everywhere! =o\ Not to mention the frequency going up and down is rather annoying. I've got retail and non-retails, and it's like that for everyone of them. o.0 The 801 does help ram frequency though.
    Please send me your OC Profile and we can take a look at it. I have CPU/NB locked in here. Also, as stated earlier we are working with AMD on the HTT frequency movement as this goes down to a chipset/AGESA level issue.

I have build problem....My Thuban is done, but i cant boot, because ASUS board dont dedect my second HDD :-/...I tried diferent SATA ports, but it was the same. HDD spins around 10s, than turns off. In BIOS dont see it . So i took this HDD and boot with him without problems at the second PC with Gigabyte boards and 965 BE. Wtf??? Some setings at bios or...?
    ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hi guys ive decided to go the AM3 route im getting this board and a X6 I have a question though I have a kit of kingston 3x2gb 2000 that I was gonna use with a I7 build will they work with this board?I would only use two to have dual channel.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    this thread is more about the bios 0801 and the issues it has, not sure if there is a 'normal' thread for this motherboard, but you'd be best to look for that. always worth checking out the QVL list @ asus website, to see if it's compatible.

OT:

thanks, hope to have it fixed soon!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast