Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High quality computer cables made by Acar

High quality computer cables made by Acar

On the Polish Ocforum, trying to convince a company that has addressed the production of cables, SATA, 24 Pin, 6 +2 Pin, 8 PIN Fan Cables etc. The company fears the sale of this type of cable. So, dear colleagues volunteer to you with a request to express an opinion, any suggestions about these cables.

The following sample cable made by Acar:

A little transparent:

Blue

Green:

Is it worth to a company in the production of other cables?
    If Acar do a sample of other cables 'll post pics here

Help us to convince the company.
    Last edited by Awers; 05-07-2010 at 03:36 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    SATA cables of a similar quality would be NICE, but.. what about cost?

How much does the first cable you posted cost?

I will ask the company, or someone from them will answer here.
    I post the link to company. Don't worry i will post the info if i got something new, from them.

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    *Sigh* I guess it is time for luxury power cables to come to computers. After all, the audio world has them already. $450 for 4', $570 for 10'.

Last edited by Bobsama; 05-05-2010 at 10:28 PM.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsama View Post
    *Sigh* I guess it is time for luxury power cables to come to computers. After all, the audio world has them already. $450 for 4', $570 for 10'.
    Yes but do they have SATA cables or 24 PIN Motherboard cables ? No, we must do it ourselves
    Last edited by Awers; 05-07-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Some information from Acar, for price and warrants:
    Price in detail about 24 - 25 PLN (Złotych) , if we introduce it in our premium brend - KERG - ther will be a 15 year warranty , velcro bands, etc.
    Last edited by Awers; 05-07-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So yeah, like Bobsama said, the idiocy of the HiFi world has finally hit the PC market.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    I have nothing against making the cables a bit more convenient or included odd connector directions, but there's one point where it works and one point where it's stupid. A cable capable of 10A or 15A @ 110Vac is great; just don't expect me to shell out more for a power cable than I would for a DVD reader. Including velcro bands directly on the cable could be very useful, but I'm doubtful as to how useful that feature would be on a cable that's thicker than a laptop and rarely ever moved. As for the colors, why not offer most of these to OEM's and design them to match the PSU? The cables themsevles don't really matter, so long as you can get a good reliable connection. I literally have cables older than myself (I'm 19, btw) still connecting modern computers, simply because there's no reason not to. It's not like I magically need style (sorry, the back of my computer is STILL against the wall, and I doubt I'll turn it around to show off a power cable). Perhaps they'd be better off finding some way to quickly convert a standard PSU to have a locking cable, to ensure that (commercial & educational) computers don't run into maintenance issues with bad sockets thanks to employees/students being morons and ing around with them or accidents like running a chair into the plugs on a computer half a million times. Do something innovative like that.

Oh, and by the way, that stupidly expensive audiophool cable? Yes, it can connect a computer to the wall. Mind you, they're "designed for high-load amplifiers", but any 15A or 20A cable will do their job just fine at 110Vac, and a thinner cable will work pretty well for 230Vac@10A. You'll hear a difference, but don't expect anyone else to. You'd be better off spending the $$$ to replace some of your poorly mastered CD's. For the price of that Moon Audio cable, you can replace 20-60 CD's or perhaps 20 LP's. Or, heck, you can buy a new Rega Planar 1 turntable (or a used Planar 3) and still buy a few LP's.
    Last edited by Bobsama; 05-07-2010 at 08:57 AM.

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

I have nothing against making the cables a bit more convenient or included odd connector directions, but there's one point where it works and one point where it's stupid. A cable capable of 10A or 15A @ 110Vac is great; just don't expect me to shell out more for a power cable than I would for a DVD reader. Including velcro bands directly on the cable could be very useful, but I'm doubtful as to how useful that feature would be on a cable that's thicker than a laptop and rarely ever moved. As for the colors, why not offer most of these to OEM's and design them to match the PSU? The cables themsevles don't really matter, so long as you can get a good reliable connection. I literally have cables older than myself (I'm 19, btw) still connecting modern computers, simply because there's no reason not to. It's not like I magically need style (sorry, the back of my computer is STILL against the wall, and I doubt I'll turn it around to show off a power cable). Perhaps they'd be better off finding some way to quickly convert a standard PSU to have a locking cable, to ensure that (commercial & educational) computers don't run into maintenance issues with bad sockets thanks to employees/students being morons and ing around with them or accidents like running a chair into the plugs on a computer half a million times. Do something innovative like that.

Oh, and by the way, that stupidly expensive audiophool cable? Yes, it can connect a computer to the wall. Mind you, they're "designed for high-load amplifiers", but any 15A or 20A cable will do their job just fine at 110Vac, and a thinner cable will work pretty well for 230Vac@10A. You'll hear a difference, but don't expect anyone else to. You'd be better off spending the $$$ to replace some of your poorly mastered CD's. For the price of that Moon Audio cable, you can replace 20-60 CD's or perhaps 20 LP's. Or, heck, you can buy a new Rega Planar 1 turntable (or a used Planar 3) and still buy a few LP's.
    Some of us pay attention how does the computer looks like.
    I put photos of the first samples we received, as the company specializes in manufacturing high-voltage cables, that's why they made power cables first. We are trying to persuade the manufacturer to produce other types of computer cables. Because it offers cable competition are of poor quality, thin braid slide down at the endings, and many others.

When it comes to quality ratio I think is very well balanced. These bands presumed to be a good time for convenience of transport or storage, and probably will not be permanently attached to cables.

As a moder, I wanted to have such nice-looking 24 pin cable or otherwise, to achieve this you need to disassemble the whole, then wind the cables, properly connect all the cables protruding from the slot. Etc. These cables will never look like they just made by the company.
    The point here is mainly that the cables look nice, aesthetically pleasing and not too expensive, in addition we save yourself a lot of work.

Cables made by Acar, have flooded the plug, so that the sheath has no chance to slide down. They use a very thick sheath that tightly charge cable inside. For sure all moders appreciate it.

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    There's a point to them being balanced. Fine, let these be designer colors and all that. Most of us will use the standard all-black 10A cable (at least in the USA/other 100-115Vac countries). Fun colors and all that's fine. However, once that bit opens up, you can bet your ass that some company will be starting to sell power cables to overclockers, claiming it'll improve stability. And then in 5 years, all the sponsored overclockers will be running those stupidly expensive cables, selling them to everyone and anyone with more money than common sense. I admit that my scenario is a bit exaggerated.

Anyways, what's the real difference between this cable and the cables included with popular medium-to-high quality PSU's? I'm talking about the various Antec, Corsair, Galaxy, and Silverstone PSU's.

My toys:

Xtreme Member
    Do you know anyone of this company?
    Pm me with more details..

The sleeved pc cable looks good , but the red is not so good in it..

ODOC
    Anyways, what's the real difference between this cable and the cables included with popular medium-to-high quality PSU's? I'm talking about the various Antec, Corsair, Galaxy, and Silverstone PSU's.
    By initial look, it seems like the cable that follows along with CORSAIR HX1000 is far thicker

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    For s and giggles, take a look at the outrageous claims made by audiophool retailers.
    http://www.moon-audio.com/

Here's a sample.

Outlet cover 104-D - Carbon Fiber Outlet Plate Cover for FP-15A-N1 / FP-20A-N1

Many A/V enthusiasts go to great lengths in carefully setting up major system components, but pay little attention to AC power. Furutech knows that each and every part of the chain is as important as the next, so maximum attention is lavished by Furutech’s engineers on all aspects of power transfer to set new benchmarks of performance.

The new and greatly improved Pure transmission 104-D duplex Receptacle Cover Plate is finished in carbon and glass fiber with stainless steel screws. This plate cover has been designed for use with Furutech’s FP-15A-N1/FP-20A-N1/FT-D20A/FT-S20A series receptacles.

104 series: Stainless Fixed Screw/Size:# M4 X 12mm(L) Carbon fiber and Grass fiber finished Brass cover Cover Size:71X116 mm(t:2.3mm ± 0.1mm)

Receptacle and cover sold separately.

$85.00 Each

The functional difference between that cover and your standard Home Depot brand? $84.50.

My toys:

Xtreme Addict
    Who cares if copper inside your wall is rotten, for as long as you have this wicked wall socket and a cable that costs as much as entire computer of an average user. LMAO.
    This brings up the analogy of placing supercharger and turbocharger with NOS on the old Fiat 500. Sure it's cool but makes little to no difference unless you change everything else. So having this insane wall socket and cable and not also changing your (usually really old) wall electricity connections and proper PSU inside PC, you haven't done much by buying this stuff. And even if you do, as far as my electricity knowledge goes, there won't be absolutely no difference apart from fancy looks. 1,5 square cable is good up to approximately 2,5 kilowatts. But i don't know any PSU that would go beyond 1,5kW, let alone over 2kW...
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Great, I'll take five of those fancy wall covers, that should make my CPU overclock to at least 6Ghz

Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid

Xtreme Enthusiast
    As being apart of the highend audio world such as myself. I will say that power cables do have performance gains for "audio". Now for pcs, its possible to get minor if any gains at all in performance. Well atleast something you wouldn't notice. Pc guys should look elsewhere.
    Gaming rig
    Mountain mods Plateau-18 -- Core i7 980x 4ghz -- Msi big bang x-power -- 6gb Mushkin redline 998691 ddr3 1600 (6-7-6-18-1T) -- Gigabyte GTX580SO (900/1800/1100) -- Win7 64bit pro

Heatware

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    For the price of a $1000 cable, you can buy a McIntosh MC162 power amp. Or you can buy a McIntosh C37 preamp. Or you can buy a Marantz SACD/DVDA player. Or any number of very good D/A converters. Or a turntable and good cartridge. Or a used Velodyne subwoofer. Or any number of loudspeakers. Or a complete headphone setup. Heck, for $2000 you can start sampling MartinLogan's legendary electrostat loudspeakers. Et cetera. The money spent on ultra-premium power cables is probably better spent, for the audiophile, trying out different equipment. Do you prefer the sound of solid-state or tubes? Do you like xxx's amp or yyy's amp? Or maybe you have a good pair of loudspeakers; what about a model up? Or a model over? Or a pair of vintage speakers. Or just about anything else.

And yes, I have a decent amount of hifi equipment.

My toys:

Please write about topic. Do not make offtop. Thoes Acard cables are not for extremly audiophiles.

There's a point to them being balanced. Fine, let these be designer colors and all that. Most of us will use the standard all-black 10A cable (at least in the USA/other 100-115Vac countries). Fun colors and all that's fine. However, once that bit opens up, you can bet your ass that some company will be starting to sell power cables to overclockers, claiming it'll improve stability. And then in 5 years, all the sponsored overclockers will be running those stupidly expensive cables, selling them to everyone and anyone with more money than common sense. I admit that my scenario is a bit exaggerated.

It's simple, they differ in the power supplies which traded braids are more transparent, and the sheath is there to hide and protect cables. In these power supplies just see the colored wires that are entwined. These cables will be interested rather moders not audiophiles, and the average pc users

Xtreme Addict
    Why do you want to pay a company to make cables for you? I thought the whole point of modding and stuff was putting effort into it to make a unique product that's yours alone ... wont mass production and wide adoption spoil it?
    E7200 @ 3.4 ; 7870 GHz 2 GB
    Intel's atom is a terrible chip.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cegras View Post
    Why do you want to pay a company to make cables for you? I thought the whole point of modding and stuff was putting effort into it to make a unique product that's yours alone ... wont mass production and wide adoption spoil it?
    When you get to the point where everybody is modding the same thing (SATA, 24 PINS, 8PINS and 6PINS), it might just not feel like it's worth the hassle

This is where mass production comes in

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cegras View Post
    That is why I enjoy "modding" but apparently not everyone does for that reason. Just look at the sheer number of people on this particular forum that sleeve every single wire on 6/8/24 pin connectors. Everybody and their brother does it, certainly not unique.

I for one, would buy a cable like the first one pictured if it were not stupidly priced (as I am guessing it will be.)
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

That's true about the mod's, but if i mod the SATA cable I have to use heatshrink on the ends as in the case of SATA cables does not look as nice as the flooded plug. At the moment we have no samples of other wires, power cables only, so we'll see what they can offer. In my country it is hard to get the color plugin 3,4,6,8, 6 +2 pin and 24 pin. You have to buy the rest of the world or buy them yourself extensions and then entwine. Sleeve's that are wide available in my country are mostly of poor quality.

I am not able to do everything myself: I do not know how to do it, or I do not have the tools because I simply can not afford them. 'm Doing what I can do it themselves. I'm not talking about oplataniu cables. Because it's almost everyone is able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    That is why I enjoy "modding" but apparently not everyone does for that reason. Just look at the sheer number of people on this particular forum that sleeve every single wire on 6/8/24 pin connectors. Everybody and their brother does it, certainly not unique.

I for one, would buy a cable like the first one pictured if it were not stupidly priced (as I am guessing it will be.)
    I wrote what are the prices of these cables a few posts above
    Prices are in the range of 24 -25 PLN (Polish Zloty)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I would buy sleeved (like in the first picture) cable, if I've converted right 24-25 PLN (about $8-10?) is very reasonable price.
    It is not like this cable brings something useful for it's money, just the price is too small to bother about it 20$ - I would think, 10$ - is perfectly fine
    Worklog: Project Black Copper
    Lian Li PC-P80 | Thermochill PA140.3 | Noiseblocker fans | mdpc-x stuff

Xtreme Member
    Under 25$, I think you'd be able to sell a couple of those, especially if you can get custom colors!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast