Thread: "ChoopaCooler" by Otternase

World Champion - IRONMODS

"ChoopaCooler" by Otternase

Got my new pot today...what a BEAST!

It feels about twice as heavy as the F1, and as you can see, it's quite a bit larger.

I was planning to test it on my 980X tomorrow with my UD7 mobo, but unfortunately, there is a clearance problem with the caps near the socket and the HUGE base on this thing
    Not sure what I'm going to do....maybe I'll be able to file it down, but I'm waiting to hear back from Andi about that. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for testing on my E760 in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by miahallen; 05-05-2010 at 03:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Addict
    Massive. You could probably LN2 for a few hours on a 980X and then swap it (empty) to run an E8600 or something for awhile and still get good temps with it empty
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Bah. He should have tapered it more like the F1EE. The base of the F1EE fits the LGA1366 package perfectly Very nice pot! How deep do those bore holes go?

I am Xtreme
    mine has same problem.... which mobo are you trying to fit it on mia?

i'm planning on sending it back...and have it fixed...

Xtreme Member
    My goodness, man, take some ketchup to that F1EE!
    Gaming Box

Ryzen R7 1700X * ASUS PRIME X370-Pro * 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 * XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB * Corsair HX620 * 250GB Crucial BX100 * 1TB Seagate 7200.11

EK Supremacy MX * Swiftech MCR320 * 3x Fractal Venture HP-12 * EK D5 PWM

Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    Massive. You could probably LN2 for a few hours on a 980X and then swap it (empty) to run an E8600 or something for awhile and still get good temps with it empty
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Bah. He should have tapered it more like the F1EE. The base of the F1EE fits the LGA1366 package perfectly Very nice pot! How deep do those bore holes go?
    I agree Chris....I'm a little disappointed to have problems already. The holes go down to 25mm (1inch) from the base, and are interconnected with a channel that circles the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    mine has same problem.... which mobo are you trying to fit it on mia?

i'm planning on sending it back...and have it fixed...
    Doesn't fit right on my P55A-UD7 or my X58A-UD7 Shipping from Germany to Japan cost about 100 euros...so there's no way I'm sending it back, unless he'll trade me for a rev4 I think that's the one I should have asked for

Anyway, I think I'll plan to file down the edges of the base myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    My goodness, man, take some ketchup to that F1EE!
    It works fine man
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Did some filing...took about 15 minutes, and it now fits on the X58A-UD7...only one little slip, but it's not deep...proabably buff it out later.

Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I hate to be an ass, but shouldn't the design have been tested before shipping to paying customers?

Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    I hate to be an ass, but shouldn't the design have been tested before shipping to paying customers?
    Esp one costing as much as this

Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Member
    Thats a huge pot, do you have an exact weight?

I think the bottom should have been milled down to like 40x40mm or sunthin. Like that it seems that it would get the ioh pretty cold as well. (=

Xtreme Member
    I have no idea why contact area is so big. Maybe it's for new generation of cpus, which will have dimmensions about 70x70 mm or something like that

45x45 mm should be enough, 1366 cpu has 45x42 mm.

http://www.bartxstore.com/- Standard and Extreme Cooling Components

Xtreme Member
    I think bottom is wide because heat can spread more effectively from the cpu. It sort of has more directions from cpu. When cone shaped bottoms came in fashion i didnt want to follow that route but easiness with insulation and esthetics are more important so i was wrong. Now its also obious that you can make effective enough container with cone shaped container if you have enough surface and right base thickness.

I think that container is bit overkill
    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bartx View Post
    I have no idea why contact area is so big. Maybe it's for new generation of cpus, which will have dimmensions about 70x70 mm or something like that

45x45 mm should be enough, 1366 cpu has 45x42 mm.
    Actually the part that is exposed to the pot is only like 34.5x32mm

Quote Originally Posted by bartx View Post
    I have no idea why contact area is so big.
    My first attempt with this container failed due to this reason My kneaded eraser was too high around the edges of the CPU and I didn't have the pateince to get it just perfect....so I used my F1EE.

I'm planning to try with it again for a session this weekend. Wish me luck

Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Legend
    stop whining already and show us what the new pot can do geeeez
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The design of the pot should be very cool.....it should hold temps like hell.
    BUT it seems hard to insulate it
    I would have gone with this one.
    You guys why do you hate F1EE? Controlling temps with F1EE is just fine

Oh man....I've been really worried that I made a $400 mistake with this thing, but my fear has faded....I benched with it tonight, and IT IS AMAZING!!!
    Benching wPrime with a Westmere quad quad tonight at around 1.8V and -180C, the temperature was incredibly easy to control, and I'd only get 1-2C degrees of swing under load.

Comparing with the F1EE where at around -145C you get this violent boil off and pot temps are very difficult to modulate between -145 and -165C...this thing was dead steady all the way to -185C (where I got my CB).
    I was also very concerned about burning through more LN2 & propane with so much mass, but I was very suprised this was not the case, I would say it about equal with the F1EE, and it was much easier to torch than the F1EE + aluminum extension.

The mounting sucks! The rods are not snug in the base, so they flop all over and fall out when you are trying to get it pushed up into the board. The base is very thick, and I was unable to properly mount the mobo to my DIMASTECH Easy V2.5 due to the protruding backplate and bolts. The springs are too stiff, and 1 of them is much thicker and stiffer than the other three. I ended up using hte springs from my F1EE....they are much better. And with the huge contact surface, mounting is a biatch!

Despite it's shortcomings on the fit and mounting....the performance more than makes up for it.

wPrime 32M quad-core Gold:
    http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...677_4sec_171ms

wPrime 1024M quad-core Gold:
    http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...2min_13sec_0ms
    Last edited by miahallen; 05-15-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Heat Team IRONMODS