Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OCing on a Budget

may if the setup is performed in a fridge or freezer, then it may be possible.
    AMD 1055T 95W, MSI 890GXM-G65, 8GB Black Edition Ready 4X OCZ3BE1600C8LV2Gk, Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition.

Xtreme Member
    Hit 5GHz yet mate?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AuToFiRE View Post
    I know a few tricks that some of you would never do, especially if you value your computer, one of these was putting 2 pieces of tin foil underneath the heatsink after removing all heat paste, that alone decreased the CPU temperature by 3 degrees, another little mod i made was bodging an old pentium MMX 1 inch fan with wood screws into the stock northbridge of the 939dual-sata2, it worked quite well and probably led to my excess overclocking of that board(especially when that fan failed..)..

and those would be ???? btw try 5ghz on extreme air on a dual core phenom II if you seceed then try it with a quad see if its any harder then the dual core repeat with a thuban

sorry if im a little confusing right now theres a few concerns about my girlfriend being pregnant so im trying to get my mind off it so please bear with me, now, if you think that i will fry my CPU before i even get close to 5GHz, then please take my bet, place down your chips because I love a good challenge, if you feel its going to take a toll on the computer then i will jsut take it a bit slower, but I am a betting man and I want to try, and hey, its only a $300 processor, if i fry it i can easily get a new one. but i bet you all a picture of me in my girlfriends blue panties and blue lace bra if i fail, if i succeed on the otherhand, i want recognition and an apology from everyone so far saying they were wrong =P

maybe a pic of your gf in said lingerie would be better ..
    Last edited by Sn0wm@n; 06-03-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    any update on your quest AuToFiRE?

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Something tells me reality struck, and hes not coming back to post about it.
    ASRock 880G Extreme 3
    X6 1055T 3.5Ghz
    Scythe Mugen 2B IPC Queen Push Pull
    G.Skill Aries 1666 CL9
    MSI 470 GTX 705/1864
    Seasonic Platinum 860W
    OCZ Vertex 60GB
    Western Digital 500GB Green
    Lian-Li Lancool PC-K7B

Xtreme Member
    LOL, it has been over a month since the OP started this thread, even dogsled delivery would have come and gone by now.....

5 gig on air, I highly doubt that, if you had the whole of the remaining 'free range' x6 processors in existance one might get uber lucky, and on a stock cooler, no way, on and aftermarket cooler, pretty much a no way Jose too......out of thousands of processors, you might get one....how much time and money do you have???? even simple phase would have a a problem....

Anyway, I am pretty sure the OP was trolling, duh......

LOL
    Asrock 970 Extreme4, Vishera 8320 @4.6Ghz, 1.39v, 16 gig Gskill RipJaws X DDR3 2133 @2284, OCZ 700w, OCZ Vetex 4 256gb boot, ATI 6850, all on big air..

smoke and mirrors

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    So Ive ordered the parts for a new computer and it came to $1100CAD (yeah im cheap)

i got the Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 and the AMD 1090T BE

My goal is to OC to 5GHz for proof of concept for budget computing

now, i feel this can be accomplished quite easily on air cooling. what i wish to know is what experience do people have overclocking the 1090T and the motherboard with stock heatsinks, I know, I know "never clock with stock" but most aftermarket heatsinks are mainly used for quieter operation.

so to make this simple and short

what clock speeds have you gotten on stock heatsinks with those items and would my 5GHz goal be reachable, if not what speeds should i expect once i get the parts
    like we used to say in the olden days...

"Sure you will... now post screenies."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    like we used to say in the olden days...

"Sure you will... now post screenies."

I've been a fan of, "Pics or it didn't happen!" which has been my sentiment over lots of things as I've grown up.
    ==========================================
    XClio 1000, Gigabye GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    AMD Phenom II 955BE @3.2 GHz, Noctua NH-D14
    CORSAIR 950TX 950W, 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600
    Sapphire 4850x2 CFX
    Win7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    and the more i type the more BS comes out of my keyboard. LOL

Xtreme Mentor
    he's waiting for the cpu to come that's all.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123