Thread: 7000 going fuzzy

7000 going fuzzy

Ok so im working on a friends computer for him and i just finished cleaning all the viruses off of it and got just about everything working. One of the problems that came up was while working on the screen slowly started to get fuzzy. i restarted the machine and istantly on the bios screen the same problem existed. After it loaded back up and a little time the screen became clear again. the problem did not arise on a seprate machine using the same screen. my diaganosis is the card needs to be replaced. is there anything else i should look into on this machine?

Xtreme Member
    Monitor maybe. If it's a CRT it may go fuzzy at certain res or refresh rates with old age. Cards usually die, black or gray screen or you get corrupt graphics.
    i7-3930K
    GA-x79-UD3
    Corsair H100
    4x2GB F3-12800CL6
    X-Fi Xtreme Music
    EVGA GTX 470
    Pioneer BDR-207DBK
    2X128GB Samsung 830's
    3XWD2002FYPS
    Corsair TX850
    Dell U2412M

Xtreme Member
    it could also be electrical noise in the area causing fuzzyness (on the mains itself or in the form of emi) it could also-also if its a digital pannel on analogue input be a slight timing variance, auto configure should fix it instantly if this is the case.

i have seen this behavior before, and have shown it to be down to the card however.. My old Kyro2, after well over a year volt modded and over clocked (it held #1 on 3dmark 2K1 for a while) i noticed that the hotter the card was the more fuzzy the vga output got, stopping the fan would quickly render my tft incapable of syncing properly, crt's just got more fuzzy. blasting it with a delta restored sync/sharpness - eventually it was fuzzy from cold and when i last tried to use it 3d was totally unstable.

so if you think the card might be at fault, try heating/cooling it. se eif it makes any difference. if not then its not likely to be the card
    LCB9E 0641 APMW @3100 1.65V Decapped ~50c orthos load, TDX+House Rad (passive!)+Eheim 1250, Abit AX8, 2*1gig Crucial PC4000 @ 221 3-3-3-8-1T

X4 940BE @ 3640 @1.475, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 4x G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK @ 1110mhz 5-5-5-15 @1.8v, 3870XT