Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD "Thuban" Core (Phenom II X6) XS Overclocking Charts

Xtreme Addict
    theres alot of names on that stable list but I dont see any 8 hours of y-cruncher screenshots
    AMD 1090T@4.0ghz
    Enzotech sapphire/Mo-Ra extreme rad
    Asus Crosshair IV Formula
    ht 2400mhz / nb 2400mhz
    12gb Gskill 1300mhz
    HIS HD5970
    Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250
    case: XCLIO A380PLUS-BK

4.61ghz water

4.5ghz superpi 1M 15.585
    http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...rpi4500mhz.jpg
    25,396 06 Phenom 965@ 4.4ghz HIS 5970@960/1260
    21,893 Vantage, Phenom 965 4.2ghz HIS 5970 @960/1260

Phenom 2 125w 965 test results
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...d.php?t=117414
    Phenom 2 140w 965 test results
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...d.php?t=109214
    Phenom 2 AM2+ 940 cold air results
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...ad.php?t=97430

If I dont get every single drop out of my cpu I feel like someone is stealing from me

Titan, the stability policy wasn't defined until May 1st. Some people submitted before that claiming stability in various ways. You'll notice that entries made afterward show up on the untested table even if the author marked it stable.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    Ive been running Y cruncher on my 1055t 3.9ghz @ 1.488 volts for the past hour. and i want to play games lol. but its been stable so far. Why specifically 8 hours? Ill do it for another 1 hour then im done haha

I'd recommend you run it overnight some time instead of during the day. Just start it up and go to sleep. Easy way to do it without disrupting you.

I chose eight hours as a compromise between too-short-to-tell-much and pretty-darn-confident. I've seen CPUs do Prime for 24 hours for instance and then still prove unstable. Run it again and after 30 hours it might finally show an error. That's all it takes of course. A couple of hours just doesn't do much in the way of establishing a confident measure of stability.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There you go, i got tired of running it, I started around 4:12pm

Xtreme Enthusiast
    But see what happened on the 8th hour when it was almost over...
    So, I guess this lowered vCore is not really enough.

Strange...now the power saving functions are off...and I didn't change anything further, lol.
    So 8hours of y-cruncher fixes the problem

PS: The problem with instability probably is the memory failing memtest. It was passing fine superPi 32M and I skipped the memtest this time (a big mistake).
    It was either the voltage, or the frequency, because the mobo is "overclocking" a little and the HT Ref clock is going higher with ~1MHz some time (fluctuation).
    Last edited by I.nfraR.ed; 05-04-2010 at 12:21 AM.
    X6 1090T (1010MPMW) @ 4267MHz 1.44V NB@3229MHz 1.33V | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX2 @ 1845MHz 6-6-5-17-22 1T | Asus HD4890 @ 1050/4800 | Corsair HX850W | HAF 932
    EK Supreme HF | EK-FC4890LT | MCP655 + Koolance D5 Top | ThermoChill PA120.3 + 3x Enermax Magma | XSPC Bay res | Masterkleer 1/2" UV Red

Xtreme Member
    nice!, sorry to see that it crashed.

so do these processors just run cooler? My phenom II x4 955 ran hotter than this on the same cooler, or is the temp sensor off? i dont get it. My cores maxed out at 48C on a xigmatek HDT 1283, Although I am putting less volts through it.

in the next few days I will run it over night. I have been having trouble sleeping, so i stay up on the comp. Probably its the problem lol. But I will run it over night for 8 hours at 3.9ghz and then ill go for 4ghz.
    Last edited by zaraza; 05-04-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nope, they aren't, or at least mine. Volts to volts the X6 is hotter than X4 (2 extra cores). Watch the cpu temperature (not the cores) and add 6 - 10 degrees over it for the cores (not very sure how much for Thuban, but the difference for my Deneb was about 6 degrees). It's with the same cooling, however it's warmer outside.

BTW, I see Prime Blend and LinX produce more heat than y-cruncher...
    Last edited by I.nfraR.ed; 05-04-2010 at 12:33 AM.
    X6 1090T (1010MPMW) @ 4267MHz 1.44V NB@3229MHz 1.33V | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX2 @ 1845MHz 6-6-5-17-22 1T | Asus HD4890 @ 1050/4800 | Corsair HX850W | HAF 932
    EK Supreme HF | EK-FC4890LT | MCP655 + Koolance D5 Top | ThermoChill PA120.3 + 3x Enermax Magma | XSPC Bay res | Masterkleer 1/2" UV Red

Xtreme Member
    My 1055T at 3.5 is slightly cooler or right around the same temp than my 720 at 3.3. I will be selling my old 720 to a friend for $50. This friend also just happened to give up on his AM2+ and sell it. Hes finally going to make a move to AM3 and stop using his frustratingly touchy mobo.
    My rig the Kill-Jacker

CPU: AMD Phenom II 1055T 3.82GHz
    Mobo: ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme
    Game GPU: EVGA GTX580
    Secondary GPU 2: EVGA GTX470
    Memory: Mushkin DDR3 1600 Ridgeback 8GB
    PSU: Silverstone SST-ST1000-P
    HDD: WD 250GB Blue 7200RPM
    HDD2: WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM
    CPU Cooler: TRUE120 Rev. B Pull
    Case: Antec 1200

FAH Tracker V2 Project Site

Infra, if you're stable under load but not when you're not even though you have CnQ & turbo disabled, you likely need to edit your P-tables. That was something I noticed on my board--even if I had everything disabled and set it to 4GHz at say 1.5V, when idle it would drop to another P-state and give less voltage even at the same frequency. In my case, it was dropping to like 1.45V. I started using K10Stat to manually set all the P-states to the same voltage and multiplier and then that quit happening.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme Addict
    Does K10Stat work with X6 processors now?

Seems to. I've used it successfully.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes, thanks. I thought about the same variant with k10stat, will try it

Played Bad Company 2 tonight for a couple of hours on 5850 OC crossfire and Thuban at 4.55 GHz using 10 pounds of dry ice to keep it stable. The game really smooths out around that frequency, though it seems to want more CPU speed.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme Addict
    nobody here with a thuban has ddr2 mem? i cant be the only one on am2+?
    [MOBO] Asus CrossHair Formula 5 AM3+
    [GPU] ATI 6970 x2 Crossfire 2Gb
    [RAM] G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    [CPU] AMD FX-8120 @ 4.8 ghz
    [COOLER] XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 WaterCooling
    [OS] Windows 8 x64 Enterprise
    [HDD] OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
    [AUDIO] Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1

Xtreme Cruncher
    I took this screen about 18hrs into WCG. Idle was actually 28, I opened core temp after WCG was running.

CPU Model: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
    CPU Stepping: CCBBE CB 1015DPMW
    CPU Frequency: 4050 MHz
    CPU vCore: 1.475V
    CPU Multiplier: 14x CPU Turbo: Disabled
    CPU NB Speed: 2700 MHz
    CPU NB vCore: 1.35V
    HT Ref Speed: 300 MHz
    RAM Speed: DDR3-16000
    RAM Timings: 8-8-8-24-2T
    RAM Configuration: 2 x 2GB
    RAM vDIMM: 1.65V
    Motherboard: MSI 890GX-G65
    Chipset/Socket: 890GX + SB850, AM3
    Cooling: Air (Freezer 7 Pro)
    Temps: 28C Idle / 44C Load
    Operating System: Windows 7
    32/64-Bit: 64
    Stable/Suicide/Untested: Stable
    ~1~
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GigaByte X570 AORUS LITE
    Trident-Z 3200 CL14 16GB
    AMD Radeon VII
    ~2~
    AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2950x
    Asus Prime X399-A
    GSkill Flare-X 3200mhz, CAS14, 64GB
    AMD RX 5700 XT

Xtreme Cruncher
    Son of a... I just ran prime Small FFT for 4 hours last night to get it stable (enough for me) at 3500mhz... and then I checked the OP to see what stuff I needed to collect from BIOS to make an entry.

Quote Originally Posted by charged3800z24 View Post
    I took this screen about 18hrs into WCG. Idle was actually 28, I opened core temp after WCG was running.

CPU Model: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
    CPU Stepping: CCBBE CB 1015DPMW
    CPU Frequency: 4050 MHz
    CPU vCore: 1.475V
    CPU Multiplier: 14x CPU Turbo: Disabled
    CPU NB Speed: 2700 MHz
    CPU NB vCore: 1.35V
    HT Ref Speed: 300 MHz
    RAM Speed: DDR3-16000
    RAM Timings: 8-8-8-24-2T
    RAM Configuration: 2 x 2GB
    RAM vDIMM: 1.65V
    Motherboard: MSI 890GX-G65
    Chipset/Socket: 890GX + SB850, AM3
    Cooling: Air (Freezer 7 Pro)
    Temps: 28C Idle / 44C Load
    Operating System: Windows 7
    32/64-Bit: 64
    Stable/Suicide/Untested: Stable
    Any of those WUs come back as invalid? If you'd check for me, I'll consider this good.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

I'm really impressed by this old M4A79T Deluxe. No problem with HT Ref so far even at 325 MHz.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Any of those WUs come back as invalid? If you'd check for me, I'll consider this good.
    hmm, need to learn how to do this lol.
    ~1~
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GigaByte X570 AORUS LITE
    Trident-Z 3200 CL14 16GB
    AMD Radeon VII
    ~2~
    AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2950x
    Asus Prime X399-A
    GSkill Flare-X 3200mhz, CAS14, 64GB
    AMD RX 5700 XT

M4A79T is not so old ...one year only
    ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FlanK3r View Post
    M4A79T is not so old ...one year only
    hehe
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

Quote Originally Posted by charged3800z24 View Post
    hmm, need to learn how to do this lol.
    On your WCG status page, go to the Results Status menu item along the left and check out Valid vs Invalid vs Error vs Pending Validation results. If the units you crunched are still pending, you'll need to wait. If the units you crunched that day show up as all valid then we're golden.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

I am Xtreme
    Not a single person with DDR2? I really want to grab a 1055T but I don't want to spend $200 to be a guinea pig.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    Not a single person with DDR2? I really want to grab a 1055T but I don't want to spend $200 to be a guinea pig.
    Here's one from another thread :

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...4&postcount=84

I also think that memel has some runs in a ddrII board, if remember correct and not getting old....

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast