Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD "Thuban" Core (Phenom II X6) XS Overclocking Charts

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charged3800z24 View Post
    Since you have to use the HT Ref clock to increase core frequency which also raised the RAMs clock as well, where is your ram clocked? If it is above what it can do speed wise it may need to have the divider dropped or the voltage raised. This may be the reason it won't post. Of course NB and Ht Ref clock in general could be a factor as well. Can ypu post your overal settings?
    3710MHz is enough to get into windows but running cinbench 10 it crashed but of course that was something to look at as well as I did have the memory clocked higher than the 1333 its rated for but it was at like 1458 and with a voltage of 1.65v. I cant remember is the north-bridge and Hyper transport thing (for the life of me cant remember the word) was at 2100 or 2200. This cpu needs quite a bit of tweaking. I dont know if its just the bios which is the 1.A bios for the 790FX-GD70 is just a hacked together to make the hex cores work and thus to get any higher I would need a truly developed bios for the cpu or if its just the fact that this is a last generation chipset. also the memory is set to 2T anywhere above 3.5GHz
    My rig the Kill-Jacker

CPU: AMD Phenom II 1055T 3.82GHz
    Mobo: ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme
    Game GPU: EVGA GTX580
    Secondary GPU 2: EVGA GTX470
    Memory: Mushkin DDR3 1600 Ridgeback 8GB
    PSU: Silverstone SST-ST1000-P
    HDD: WD 250GB Blue 7200RPM
    HDD2: WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM
    CPU Cooler: TRUE120 Rev. B Pull
    Case: Antec 1200

FAH Tracker V2 Project Site

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaraza View Post
    This is really stupid!

I got fed up with my cpu not passing prime, so i upped the voltage to 1.575, while running prime cpuz showed up to 1.6v.

I still got the same damn error on the same damn core. I get it at 3.8 - 3.9 - 4.0 - 4.1 I have not tried 3.7, no matter what volts i give. Something has got to be wrong. This thing probably isnt even stable at stock speeds. like this always happens to me lol.
    Zaraza one thing to note is that in the past my cpu overclocks on my triple core passed prime but failed under F@H. It appears that one of the best benches is the Folding@Home client.

Sorry about double post. Zars thing came up after.
    My rig the Kill-Jacker

Xtreme Member
    This is really stupid!

I got fed up with my cpu not passing prime, so i upped the voltage to 1.575, while running prime cpuz showed up to 1.6v.

I still got the same damn error on the same damn core. I get it at 3.8 - 3.9 - 4.0 - 4.1 I have not tried 3.7, no matter what volts i give. Something has got to be wrong. This thing probably isnt even stable at stock speeds. like this always happens to me lol.
    You are not the only one. I can do 3,6 with almost stock volts, but after that it's totally over.

Xtreme Member
    well i think my wishful mood has been broken. I am priming at 1.47v CPUNB and 1.53v on CPU.

so far its gotten farther than it ever has. lol. Hope it doesnt die.

Xtreme Cruncher
    i'm interested in power consumption when overclocked. does anyone measure these? some chips are more leaky than others, so lower vcore doesn't necessarily mean lower power consumption.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Isnt the best tool for that the Greenpower utility that MSI made.
    My rig the Kill-Jacker

Xtreme Member
    sorry to say, but if this thing doesn't pass prime at stock settings its going back to frys.

Ive been to frys so many times in past week, its ridiculous.

Devil kept pokin'
    sorry to say, but if this thing doesn't pass prime at stock settings its going back to frys.

Ive been to frys so many times in past week, its ridiculous.
    I dont believe its my 1090T thats failing Prime95 but the motherboard its self.
    I dont get an error, distorted screen, bsod, or even a reboot.
    Screen just goes black and pc stays on with nothing happening fans still running.

Heres the board. Biostar TA785G3

The largest caps. on it are the size of the smallest on my DFI.
    Its pwm's and mosfets just arent up to it.
    Someone else on here is having the same issue's with it too.

Trust me once I move it over to my DFI if I get the samething I'll rma it like a bat out of hell.

Xtreme Member
    yep. looks like my CPU is a POS. Going back to frys. should i go now or later lol?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaveondope View Post
    I dont believe its my 1090T thats failing Prime95 but the motherboard its self.
    I dont get an error, distorted screen, bsod, or even a reboot.
    Screen just goes black and pc stays on with nothing happening fans still running.

Heres the board. Biostar TA785G3

The largest caps. on it are the size of the smallest on my DFI.
    Its pwm's and mosfets just arent up to it.
    Someone else on here is having the same issue's with it too.

Trust me once I move it over to my DFI if I get the samething I'll rma it like a bat out of hell.
    Thats almost like what happened to me on my original X3 and you know what happened. Both the cpu and mobo died during a bios update. But for months I as getting crashing with no bsod.
    My rig the Kill-Jacker

The black screen thing is pretty common due to the following list. You are more likely suffering from something else being wrong than the CPU:
    - Insufficient PSU. A rail overloading will either cause a cheap PSU to deliver under voltage / smoke or a quality PSU to shut down one or more rails to protect itself.
    - Bad motherboard. A part, such as the voltage regulators, may be triggering a PWM shutdown due to overheating.
    - Insufficient motherboard headroom for the targeted overclock. The failure mode is the same as above, but due not to a failure of the mobo but rather draw being too far out of spec.

I've seen all three of those things cause it in the past. Getting a bad CPU is exceedingly rare since they're all individually tested at the factory to not only make sure they work, but to "bin" them for use as different models. Straight-up "bad" CPUs that can't do what they're sold at are virtually unheard of. It's almost always insufficient or bad supporting hardware or an error in installation.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Devil kept pokin'
    Thx for that insight Particle. Being as the psu is a bfg 450w and the 12v rail never drops below 12.11v Im convinced its the mobo.
    I have some cheap heatsinks on the mosfet and a 120mm fan right on top of them but they still get pretty warm. No fan on them its dangerously hot as well for the vrm's.
    Ive undervolted it to 1.3v from 1.37v at stock clocks to just lighten the load on the board, as I let it crunch 24/7 for this weeks SuperComputer challenge.

Xtreme Member
    NEW 1055T Update!

CPU Model: AMD Phenom II X6 1055t
    CPU Stepping: CCBBE CB 1015DPMW
    CPU Frequency: 4004mhz
    CPU vCore: 1.5v
    CPU Multiplier: 14x
    CPU Turbo: Disabled
    CPU NB Speed: 2574
    HT Ref Speed: 286
    RAM Speed: DDR3-1524
    RAM Timings: 8-8-8-20
    RAM Configuration: 2 x 2GB
    RAM vDIMM: 1.65V
    Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
    Chipset/Socket: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    Cooling: xigmatek HDT-1283
    Temps: 30C Idle / 52C Load
    Operating System: Windows 7
    32/64-Bit: 64
    Stable/Suicide/Untested: Stable

I dont know about the temps, my core temps are showing 18-22C but i dont believe it. I put down the TMPIN1 temperatures which seem to be the hottest. That is stable in prime at 1.5v.

Woo! lol, I think i can get 4.1ghz around 1.525 or 1.55 but ill mess with it later. It can do 3.9ghz at 1.45volts (fluctuates 1.456-1.47)

add me to stable list plz, thank you.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    The black screen thing is pretty common due to the following list. You are more likely suffering from something else being wrong than the CPU:
    - Insufficient PSU. A rail overloading will either cause a cheap PSU to deliver under voltage / smoke or a quality PSU to shut down one or more rails to protect itself.
    - Bad motherboard. A part, such as the voltage regulators, may be triggering a PWM shutdown due to overheating.
    - Insufficient motherboard headroom for the targeted overclock. The failure mode is the same as above, but due not to a failure of the mobo but rather draw being too far out of spec.

I've seen all three of those things cause it in the past. Getting a bad CPU is exceedingly rare since they're all individually tested at the factory to not only make sure they work, but to "bin" them for use as different models. Straight-up "bad" CPUs that can't do what they're sold at are virtually unheard of. It's almost always insufficient or bad supporting hardware or an error in installation.
    Well, I thought about number 1 too, as I do only have a HX520 which has 3 18A rails and that might not be enough for more than 3,6GHz.

Concerning 2&3, if I do only overclock via multi, do they also apply? I just don't want to buy a stronger PSU in vain.

Thanks for you help
    Soya

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by slaveondope View Post
    Thx for that insight Particle. Being as the psu is a bfg 450w and the 12v rail never drops below 12.11v Im convinced its the mobo.
    I have some cheap heatsinks on the mosfet and a 120mm fan right on top of them but they still get pretty warm. No fan on them its dangerously hot as well for the vrm's.
    Ive undervolted it to 1.3v from 1.37v at stock clocks to just lighten the load on the board, as I let it crunch 24/7 for this weeks SuperComputer challenge.
    I had the same MB and PSU and came to the conclusion it was the MB. I put the 1055t into a Gigabyte MB and it would boot to Windows no problem. I have even gotten it to boot to 3500Mhz at stock voltages, although I had a different issue. I know Biostar stated that MB supports the chip, but I do not think it does since I could put my 435 Triple core in and it would boot just fine. Right now I am testing two Gigabyte MB's to see if both support it so I can decide which one to keep. Since this is for a WHS box, I will go with the cheaper of the two.

Anyone with a Gigabyte MB that can tell me what I have to disable to get it to stop downclocking? I disabled C1E, Core Performance and QNQ, what am I missing? I actually got it to go into Windows and start folding with 250 x14 (1055T) at just 1.39v, but CPUID only shows 1000Mhz (250 x 4). HT was at 2500 by the way. I think these chips have some potential, but trying to figure out these bios' is a PITA.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    I had the same MB and PSU and came to the conclusion it was the MB. I put the 1055t into a Gigabyte MB and it would boot to Windows no problem. I have even gotten it to boot to 3500Mhz at stock voltages, although I had a different issue. I know Biostar stated that MB supports the chip, but I do not think it does since I could put my 435 Triple core in and it would boot just fine. Right now I am testing two Gigabyte MB's to see if both support it so I can decide which one to keep. Since this is for a WHS box, I will go with the cheaper of the two.

Anyone with a Gigabyte MB that can tell me what I have to disable to get it to stop downclocking? I disabled C1E, Core Performance and QNQ, what am I missing? I actually got it to go into Windows and start folding with 250 x14 (1055T) at just 1.39v, but CPUID only shows 1000Mhz (250 x 4). HT was at 2500 by the way. I think these chips have some potential, but trying to figure out these bios' is a PITA.
    Yup, had the 790XT-USB3, you disable CnQ - that disables turbo. The processor will still downclock, just not as far (it goes down to 800mhz with CnQ), and Turbo will not enable. The BIOS for the 790XT did not seem complete to me, and overclocking was very finnicky - couldn't set any lower multi on the NB/HTT than 10x or it would refuse to boot, and Auto worked best...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can't disable power efficiency functions with my board and the latest official bios. C'n'Q, C1E and Turbo are set to "Disabled" in bios, but in Windows C'n'Q is still working, luckily the Turbo is disabled...
    So it's a common problem, as I see...
    X6 1090T (1010MPMW) @ 4267MHz 1.44V NB@3229MHz 1.33V | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX2 @ 1845MHz 6-6-5-17-22 1T | Asus HD4890 @ 1050/4800 | Corsair HX850W | HAF 932
    EK Supreme HF | EK-FC4890LT | MCP655 + Koolance D5 Top | ThermoChill PA120.3 + 3x Enermax Magma | XSPC Bay res | Masterkleer 1/2" UV Red

Xtreme Member
    I had the same problem and I dont know how I finally got the C&Q to disable.
    My rig the Kill-Jacker

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by I.nfraR.ed View Post
    I can't disable power efficiency functions with my board and the latest official bios. C'n'Q, C1E and Turbo are set to "Disabled" in bios, but in Windows C'n'Q is still working, luckily the Turbo is disabled...
    So it's a common problem, as I see...
    Its a reach, but did you check the windows control panel power settings?
    AMD 1090T@4.0ghz
    Enzotech sapphire/Mo-Ra extreme rad
    Asus Crosshair IV Formula
    ht 2400mhz / nb 2400mhz
    12gb Gskill 1300mhz
    HIS HD5970
    Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250
    case: XCLIO A380PLUS-BK

4.61ghz water

4.5ghz superpi 1M 15.585
    http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...rpi4500mhz.jpg
    25,396 06 Phenom 965@ 4.4ghz HIS 5970@960/1260
    21,893 Vantage, Phenom 965 4.2ghz HIS 5970 @960/1260

Phenom 2 125w 965 test results
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...d.php?t=117414
    Phenom 2 140w 965 test results
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...d.php?t=109214
    Phenom 2 AM2+ 940 cold air results
    http://futuremark.yougamers.com/foru...ad.php?t=97430

If I dont get every single drop out of my cpu I feel like someone is stealing from me

NEW 1055T Update!

CPU Model: AMD Phenom II X6 1055t
    CPU Stepping: CCBBE CB 1015DPMW
    CPU Frequency: 4004mhz
    CPU vCore: 1.5v
    CPU Multiplier: 14x
    CPU Turbo: Disabled
    CPU NB Speed: 2574
    HT Ref Speed: 286
    RAM Speed: DDR3-1524
    RAM Timings: 8-8-8-20
    RAM Configuration: 2 x 2GB
    RAM vDIMM: 1.65V
    Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
    Chipset/Socket: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    Cooling: xigmatek HDT-1283
    Temps: 30C Idle / 52C Load
    Operating System: Windows 7
    32/64-Bit: 64
    Stable/Suicide/Untested: Stable

I dont know about the temps, my core temps are showing 18-22C but i dont believe it. I put down the TMPIN1 temperatures which seem to be the hottest. That is stable in prime at 1.5v.

Woo! lol, I think i can get 4.1ghz around 1.525 or 1.55 but ill mess with it later. It can do 3.9ghz at 1.45volts (fluctuates 1.456-1.47)

add me to stable list plz, thank you.
    Looking good. What did you change? Also, I'll add you to stable but will need a screen shot of your system having completed 8 hours of prime (presuming that's what you use).
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Mentor
    Personally, I think the manufactures have done a half a$$ job with the bios' to support these chips. There are reports of too many issues with the down clocking and temp reporting. And while they may say a board supports the chip you don't know till you actually try it. Hopefully over the next week or too we will see better support for the 6-core chips.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    • CPU Model: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE
    • CPU Stepping: CCBBE CB 1010MPMW
    • CPU Frequency: 4267 MHz
    • CPU vCore: 1.416V
    • CPU Multiplier: 18.5x
    • CPU Turbo: Disabled
    • CPU NB Speed: 3229 MHz
    • HT Ref Speed: 230 MHz
    • RAM Speed: DDR3-1845
    • RAM Timings: 6-6-5-17-1T
    • RAM Configuration: 2 x 2GB
    • RAM vDIMM: 1.71V
    • Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
    • Chipset/Socket: 890GX + SB850, AM3
    • Cooling: Water (D-Tek FuZion v.2)
    • Temps: 35C Idle / 57C Load
    • Operating System: Windows 7
    • 32/64-Bit: 64
    • Stable/Suicide/Untested: Stable

Alternative link to the screenshot

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Actually cpu-z was showing 1.464V, so I don't know what's the real one.
    I will try to optimize voltages further, it was failing, so I increased the cpu-nb higher than needed, imo. I will update it when I install the new cpu block. Tried 4380MHz, but I need better cooling, the temperatures are too high after 10min of Prime Room temperature is 25-26 degrees.

It can't be considered as full stable, I will try some fine tweaking and run Prime for more hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan7171 View Post
    Its a reach, but did you check the windows control panel power settings?
    The power settings are set for maximum performance
    Last edited by I.nfraR.ed; 05-03-2010 at 07:23 AM.
    X6 1090T (1010MPMW) @ 4267MHz 1.44V NB@3229MHz 1.33V | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX2 @ 1845MHz 6-6-5-17-22 1T | Asus HD4890 @ 1050/4800 | Corsair HX850W | HAF 932
    EK Supreme HF | EK-FC4890LT | MCP655 + Koolance D5 Top | ThermoChill PA120.3 + 3x Enermax Magma | XSPC Bay res | Masterkleer 1/2" UV Red

Tyler Durden
    Some really nice results here guys. Great to see that the X6's are doing so well when compared to the X4's, they really didn't lose much, if anything in headroom.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Looking good. What did you change? Also, I'll add you to stable but will need a screen shot of your system having completed 8 hours of prime (presuming that's what you use).

I changed the CPU, went back and exchanged it. It was giving me trouble at stock speeds. So i went and got new one. I dont know when ill run the 8 hours of prime again, it was stable 8 hours of 3.9ghz with 1.456 - 1.47. I did not run prime on 4ghz. I just upped it, upped voltage to 1.488 (cpuz reports it) and started playing games, got tired of messing around. I will look into running prime sometime soon.

but yea, looks like my cpu was bad. I still cant get my motherboard to boot with 300 HTT, tried some settigns suggested in my thread about the issue, but i have decided that i wont push it farther.

question: is side port memory voltage = HT voltage?

No. Sounds like you're on a GX motherboard. Sideport memory voltage is the voltage that is supplied to the 128MB DDR3 video memory for your integrated graphics.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast