Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PROJECT] --- The Black One

Xtreme Member

[PROJECT] --- The Black One

--------------------------------------
    [PROJECT] --- The Black One
    --------------------------------------

Available HW Components::

Intel Core i7 920 C0 (capable of 4.2Ghz with low voltage)
    DFI Lanparty X58 T3EH8
    OCZ Blade 3x2GB 2000Mhz
    Zotac GTX 470
    Asus Xonar D2X
    Logitech X540
    1x 128GB SSD Super Talent Ultra Drive GX I
    1x 750GB Hitachi Deskstar 7200rpm
    LG H20L Blu Ray\HD DVD
    Razer Reclusa & Copperhead & Goliathus
    Samsung 32" B650 IPS FULL-HD panel
    Corsair HX750W
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Lamptron FC-5 black 30W channe

Available Liquid Cooling Components:

EK Supreme HF nickel+acetal
    EK FC470GTX nickel+acetal
    EK DCP 4.0 pump
    EK DCP mounting plate
    EK Reservoir Combo DCP 4.0
    EK Coolstream XT 360
    3x 120 Noiseblocker XL2 rev.3
    AT Protect UV Green

Available Modding Components:

\

Ordered HW Componets:

\

Ordered Liquid Cooling Components:

\

Ordered Modding Components:

1x MDPC-X Sleeve Kit
    1x Sleeve Small black
    1x 4-Pin Remover Save My Wallett

HW Components to order:

\

Liquid Cooling Components to order:

fittings?
    coolant?
    tubes?

Modding Components to order:

\

Sponsored by:

Last edited by johnp1983; 05-10-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Hi, I'm back here after my previous work (Black Silver)... in which I will finish posting the updated photos in a while.
    Black Silver was an important experience that allowed me to make my first hard-mod on a case a little old-fashioned ... but still great like Cooler Master Stacker 831, that had been overturned and repainted in glossy black.

But I wanted something more modern and that would really make my hardware a piece of art. So what was it? First, a new case ... that after weeks of study turned out to be the Corsair Obsidian 800D, my old love, that I never had the opportunity to buy before yesterday.

While I write this word the case is already shipped and it's traveling to get from me ... I should receive it tomorrow.

Another component to change was the video card ... the GTX280 ... now she had to retire. I opted for the Zotac GTX 470, which I have here with me from couple of weeks and that gave me great satisfaction compared to 5870 and my "old" super overclocked GTX280.

The rest could go ... lacked only the selection of components suitable for liquid cooling ... I had 2 way... use old components adding only the new GPU-WB, or do something really great?

I choose the second answer... and then arrives Eddy from EK waterblocks, who agreed to cooperate in the realization of my work.

So I am proud to report that this work will see the sponsorship of EK Waterblocks.

see you tomorrow with case and gpu photobook.

Xtreme Member
    Hello boys... I've got 2 questions for you:

1) What will you use in terms of creating a clean integration as far as its possibile?
    A DCP 4.0 top with DCP 4.0 pump, or a Multioption 150 res. with DCP 4.0 pump?

2) What thermal compound can you recommend me? The Arctic Cooling MX-2 it's good? I used for a life the Arctic Ceramique... but that don't impress me much...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i would recommend liquid metall, i had much much better results comparing with mx2

Intel Xeon W3520 4200MHz HT
    Foxconn Bloodrage
    3x2Gb Patriot Viper II DDR3-1600 6-6-6-16
    MSI GTX480 M2D15 850/1700/2000
    Samsung F1 1TB
    Corsair TX950W
    Stacker 832 w/ Dual Loop Watercooling aka *Bong Build*
    NEC 2690WUXi
    Loop 1: Laing DDC1-T -> Watercool HK 3.0 LT -> Thermochill PA120.3 -> Bloodrage NB -> EK Res 150
    Loop 2: Laing DDC1-T -> EK-FC GTX480 -> Thermochill PA120.2 -> EK Res 150

*New* CM 690 II Advanced Watercooled

*Coming soon* Stacker 832 Rebirth!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    i would recommend liquid metall, i had much much better results comparing with mx2
    Thanks for the answer... I'll keep it in my mind.

By the way... as I say yesterday... the case arrives at my home:

I love this case!! xDDD

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Int3l Insid3! View Post
    I love this case!! xDDD
    Yeah... it seems a really fantastic case ... and has the ability to make my previous Stacker 831 and old object.

I love the project title 'the black one' Duly subscribed. I also love the case, we can never have too many 800D builds on here.
    i7 920 / P6TD V2 / 6GB Corsair / 5870 / Corsair 800D / OCZ 600W / WC CPU & GPU /

Xtreme Member
    Hey... because many here use the MDPC-X sleeving kits... there's somebody who know if you must be registered on PayPal to place an order on their shop?

Thanx

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i'd like to see how you place 4x120 rad on top and two 3x120 on bottom =)

Foxconn Bloodrage
    Samsung F1 1TB
    Corsair TX950W
    NEC 2690WUXi
    Loop 1: Laing DDC1-T -> Watercool HK 3.0 LT -> Thermochill PA120.3 -> Bloodrage NB -> EK Res 150

Xtreme Member
    i'd like to see how you place 4x120 rad on top and two 3x120 on bottom =)
    Simple.. he'll use a 4x120 rad grill on the roof of the case, a psu extender (lian-li), cut with ventilation holes if necessary, and then some cuts/grills on the side panels. Well not simple, but possible. Well that's how I would do it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    is this psu extender really needed? case length 60cm, rad xspc length 41cm and psu length 16cm
    there is enough space looking just on specs

Foxconn Bloodrage
    Samsung F1 1TB
    Corsair TX950W
    NEC 2690WUXi

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas hobbes View Post
    I love the project title 'the black one' Duly subscribed. I also love the case, we can never have too many 800D builds on here.
    +1!!!!
    My Rig
    Case: Corsair Air240
    PSU: Corsair AX860i
    MB: Asus Z270G Strix
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K w/Corsair H100i v2
    RAM: 64GB (4 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    SSD: 2 x Samsung 960 Pro - Raid 0

Xtreme Guru
    is this psu extender really needed? case length 60cm, rad xspc length 41cm and psu length 16cm
    there is enough space looking just on specs
    Obsidian case "total" length is 60.9cm. It's including wall thickness && front plastic door. Internal space length is something like 57.5-58 cm. + For lot of PSUs few cm should be left for cables to fold to motherboard tray side.

Xtreme Member
    the project continue...

Xtreme Member
    I'm back... with good and bad news...

Good nows: something arrived...

It works really fine, and it's voltage regulator... doesn't go hot abnormally (as I readed in more forums)

Bad news: I expected much more from this fan controllers. Tried with green\blue\red\yellow\white\cyan light... and it resulted that only with red display it's usable. With the other colours the display it's practically unreadable.

More... founded a capacitor totally curved at 90°... I had to put in place by hand.

Finally a knob on the controller doesn't seems to be smooth in it's race like the other knob. But despite of this... it works.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by johnp1983 View Post
    Finally a knob on the controller doesn't seems to be smooth in it's race like the other knob. But despite of this... it works.
    Mind explaining this? Because I have a FC-5 too, and my first knob basically works as an on/off switch. It either goes all out, or nothing at all

Xtreme Member
    So you're saying that despite of being a knob instead of an on\off switch... your first knob works like an on\off switch?

my 4 knob on the panel works gradually on the voltage regulation of the fan\pump attached to 3-pin in.

But, as I said before... first 3 knob are smooth in their race from low voltage to hight (talking in terms of construction material). Onlythe last knob require a little bit of pressure to be moved at high voltage.

Xtreme Member
    something arrived from a very far country!!

Last edited by johnp1983; 05-10-2010 at 04:55 AM.

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Member
    i think that the EK black acetal fits perfectly to the worklog title "The Black One"...

what do you think?

Xtreme Addict
    Nice case selection! I have to admit I really like that Corsair (d600?) for all kinds of watercooling builds. What about the coolant? Why not use plain distilled instead of the colored gunk? Then just use UV green tubing, so you don't get the performance robbing, slimy buildup that so many of us have ran into with dyes.

Excellent selection on fan controller too! I have found that blue is the most readable for me, although I use red because my build only uses red LEDs. The knobs on my FC5 seem a little delicate compared to the sunbeam rheobus extreme, but it works pretty evenly across each knob. The deltas that I use take about half way power to start spinning up, so they get loud to the point I need to turn them back down. I'm not sure if it is the fan controllers fault though...

So far it is looking pretty good! Keep the updates coming and don't get discouraged!
    Last edited by Vinas; 05-10-2010 at 05:42 AM.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Member
    Hello vinas... thanks for joining this worklog.

You see that green coolant because I initially started with the idea of using Tygon clear tube that I already have here... in addition to the Feser nickel compression fittings you see in the photos. Since I don't like clear tubes + clear water... and I don't want to buy another tube after only one month of tygon using... I taked a bottle of Green UV AT protect.

But, than... arrived a good news... so, maybe, I will get a full bitspower shiny black compression fittings supply paired with black Tygon tube and Feser One clear water.

So... actually I'm waiting for an answer about that.

About the Lamptron fan controller, I agree with you about the knob delicacy... my old Zalman ZMFC-1 got more solid knob. Regarding your issue with Delta fan... I don't know what to think... tried fan controller with a Cool Master green led fan... and it gradually pass from the led lightning-on only (with fan off)... tho the maximum fan rotation.

The case... Corsair 800D, is a must... it looked good since it's first exhibition on unofficial photos. It got a lot of interesting solution, a great space, a great look (depending on subjectives tastes )... and a good solidity.

Xtreme Member
    radiator cleaning

I follow this guide:
    http://coolingtechnique.com/guide/ra...e.html?start=1
    it's in italian language but with google translate you can have it in your language

leaks test with pump off...

no leaks... that's good

leaks test with pump on, and a gpu-only wb from Ybris (Eclipse-G)

once again, no leaks.
    then i let the pump and the res.top with water on the inside on a piece of paper for one night long... and
    no leaks again.

lamptron it's saying... "YAWN... you only tickle me"

Xtreme Member
    2 news...

1 good, 1 bad.

>The good news<
    Yesterday arrives the MDPC-X packet from Nils and... whoa, it's really cool... actually I've sleeved one pci-express cable... and it's quite good for my first sleeved cable.

<The bad news>
    2 days ago... my Dfi Lanparty X58 T3EH8 stopped to work... showing the 88 error code on the lcd poster. No ways to get it working... so I'm waiting the courier to pass and bring my main to the shop where I bought it... for the RMA. So... no updates for a couple of days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast