Thread: 140mm Radiator/Grill Template

Xtreme Member

140mm Radiator/Grill Template

Has anyone got a printable 140mm fan (x3 ideally!) template (15mm spacing)? I have the RadGrillz ones from AC Ryan for my 120 rads, but can't find one for my 420.

Thanks!

Xtreme Member
    Thats for a 120mm rad, not a 140mm AFAICT. Thanks anyway tho. I guess I'll just make one myself, was hoping someone already had one made up!

its for 140 mm fan

Xtreme Member
    Ah brilliant! Thankyou!! I tried looking on the site but couldn't find it (maybe my crappy German was letting me down). Makes my life much easier!!

The hole spacing for the fans is not correct on that template unless the radiator and fans have a custom spacing. I tried printing at 100% and fit to paper and both were the same. The fan holes on the template are probably 2-3mm further apart than they should be. I guess I could make it work but I would have to majorly wallow out the screw holes in order to be able to make it work.

I verified my fans are standard by test mounting one on my radiator.

The search continues for a working fan template for a 420mm radiator with 15mm spacing.

Ugghhh.. Setting the fans on this template and it is even worse than I originally thought unless I want about 7mm blocked of on each side of each fan. Not only are the screw holes all wrong (too far apart), but the radiator cutout is way too small. I'm guessing this template was never actually tested by the person who created it.

Maybe I will create an acurate one and post it up somewhere. Seems like after over a decade of people asking for a 3x140mm with 15mm hole spacing where the fans meet there would actually be one out there but I guess not.
    Last edited by cyclone3d; 04-26-2022 at 06:45 PM.