Thread: Is this something to worry about?

Is this something to worry about?

I am new to WCG and I have this in the messages of BOINC Manager.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...incmessage.jpg

Is there a setting or something to fix this ? or is it nothing to worry about?

Xtreme Cruncher
    No, it's not as long as your computer is still crunching theres no problen

Xtreme Legend
    You have reached your daily quota of work units. You won't get more until the new day starts - 00:00:00 UTC (Universal Time Coordinated which is similar to Greenwich Mean Time). Around 7pm EST.

Each day your machine gets a certain number of work units. This is based on the crunching power of your rig. If you have a multi-core/multi-thread CPU, you'll be able to process more work units in a day, so you are given more WU's than, let's say, a single-core machine.
    Audentes fortuna iuvat

"Fortune favors the bold"

Xtreme Cruncher
    Seems like that you've been erroring out the WUs, is your OC stable?
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointhore View Post
    I am new to WCG and I have this in the messages of BOINC Manager.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...incmessage.jpg

Is there a setting or something to fix this ? or is it nothing to worry about?

fixed it for you
    i wonder if i can see it
    swing and a miss race fans
    oh well

Quote Originally Posted by lkiller123 View Post
    Seems like that you've been erroring out the WUs, is your OC stable?
    OC could be a little unstable I guess. It passed 3 hours of Pime95 without errors before I turned it off.

How do you tell if the work units are erroring out?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointhore View Post
    OC could be a little unstable I guess. It passed 3 hours of Pime95 without errors before I turned it off.

How do you tell if the work units are erroring out?
    What prime test did you run? I thought my OC was stable before after running 2 hours of Linpack, but OCCT managed to find an error in ~35 minutes. I tweaked it a bit further and finally managed to pass the standard "CPU: OCCT" test. (1 hour, Medium Data Set, Priority Normal). After I managed to pass that test, it's been rock solid stable. Did 24h of prime blend and has done over 48 hours of WCG with Milkyway@Home loading my GPU as well, without a single error.

Xtreme Legend
    To check to see if you're getting errors, go to your WCG My Grid page. On the left-hand side, click on Results Status. On the second drop-down menu, go to Error and then click Filter.
    Audentes fortuna iuvat

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_bound View Post
    To check to see if you're getting errors, go to your WCG My Grid page. On the left-hand side, click on Results Status. On the second drop-down menu, go to Error and then click Filter.
    Checked it and I don't have anything under error. Thats a good thing, I presume.

I don't know what ikiller123 is talking about.

Xtreme Legend
    Errors are one reason why you can run out of your daily quota of work units. There are other reasons. If, for example, you reset the project, BOINC will flush out all your cached work units. If you flush out a full day's worth of cached WU's, chances are you won't get anymore for that day. Under normal circumstances, though, you shouldn't run out of work units. The new day starts about two and a half hours from now.
    Audentes fortuna iuvat

Thanks for your help.

Xtreme Cruncher
    If you just installed BOINC today and connected to WCG, you will have a limit on how many work units you can download. The issue should resolve itself this evening (if your in North America) when the quota resets itself at midnight UTC. As long as your machine doesn't return a bunch of errors or invalids, you'll never run into the quota limit again.
    i7 3970X @ 4500MHz 1.28v
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz 9-11-10-27
    Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC 3-way Crossfire
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    HK 3.0-MCP655-Phobya 400mm rad
    Corsair AX1200i
    Sandisk Exrtreme 240GB
    3x2TB WD Greens for storage
    TT Armor VA8003SWA

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Musho View Post
    What prime test did you run? I thought my OC was stable before after running 2 hours of Linpack, but OCCT managed to find an error in ~35 minutes. I tweaked it a bit further and finally managed to pass the standard "CPU: OCCT" test. (1 hour, Medium Data Set, Priority Normal). After I managed to pass that test, it's been rock solid stable. Did 24h of prime blend and has done over 48 hours of WCG with Milkyway@Home loading my GPU as well, without a single error.
    1 hour of OCCT and who knows how long linpack finished fine and WCG still crashes it after ~7 hours. I've been having weird problems with the boinc manager all day though so it could be something else, or maybe I shouldn't have let the cpu run so hot XD