Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ready for some Fermi numbers? GTX 480

Xtreme Mentor
    Wierd I'm running the card at stock speeds and its still doing it. What drivers are you using?

Xtreme Cruncher
    ack ... I'm at work now but I think 197.55? ... the version that said they were expanding to quad SLI support ... not that I am doing that but it might help you find the version number.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Crash View Post
    That was happening to me also on Win7 64 ... then I turned my OC down until I started processing properly. I think I'm at high 15XX and stable.
    I also set the environmental variable they posted (SWAN_SYNC=0) which forces the GPUGrid app to use a full core per WU, they say you get a substantial (20-30%) performance increase.
    is it a full core or a full thread? if it's a full core, i'm not sure i'm willing to dedicate 1core/2thread to the GPU, as that's 25% on one machine and 50% loss from another machine. not sure if this is worth the hit to WCG right now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    1 thread ... neither GPUGrid or I am saying you have to do this, I was just saying what I have my system set to and that it works. If they have any beta WUs left when I get home maybe I will try running without the dedicated thread ...
    maybe that was what why I was erroring in the beginning and not the OC like I *assumed*. Heck, I have a backup from last night ... I AM going to test this out.

Xtreme Cruncher
    i want to test this out right now too, but i'm getting the max quota message. i have to wait a full day before they will give me more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Should roll over at 12:00 UTC (that's in 30 minutes ... at least that is how WCG works). If you are really desperate you can try changing the machine name and then after it's all set and crunching to sucess you can tell GPUGrid to merge the PC with the old name.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've been trying to download the ACEMD beta work units and it keeps telling me there is no work available. I posted on their forums asking to increase the number of ACEMD beta units available. I've got 2 480 GTX cards ready to roll.

Xtreme Cruncher
    hmmm ... I've been getting a steady steam of them for hours now. Just uploaded one, another downloaded immediatley. Are you sure you have all the GPUGrid preferences set correctly? check beta box and make sure the "Run test applications" is also selected.

Xtreme Mentor
    Hmm for some reason BOINC is saying my 480 194 GFLOPS peak? Whats everyone elses say?

Xtreme Mentor
    Okay well just to give you guys an idea a GTX480 850mhz core and 1700mhz shader is giving me 32.8k PPD.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by =[PULSAR]= View Post
    Okay well just to give you guys an idea a GTX480 850mhz core and 1700mhz shader is giving me 32.8k PPD.
    so you got at least one WU to complete with a 480?? did you do anything different than before to make it work? or did gpugrid just released beta drivers or WU?

i'm hesitant to try again because if it keeps cycling through errors again, i'll be locked out of grpugrid again on this computer, even if i put back the good GPU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Mentor
    I got quite of few done. GPUgrid is throwing me odds WU's though some are cuda 6.03 which error out, then theres the cuda 3.0 beta v6.23 which so far work perfectly. You have skype or something I'll walk you through it there are some things you need to change.

Xtreme Cruncher
    thanks for the offer of personal help! i actually don't have skype, but i have AIM. looks like you have the exact opposite... ICQ and skype haha. i think it'll be better if you posted the steps in public, that way others can view it too, and it looks like several people can't get their fermi's working either.

i also sent you a PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    All WUs EXCEPT beta will error if executed on a 470 or a 480.

... GPUgrid is throwing me odds WU's though some are cuda 6.03 which error out ...
    To turn on/ off delivery of the specific GPUGrid apps ...

http://www.gpugrid.net/prefs.php?subset=project

Click Edit on either the Primary or your specific profile as appropriate and change the "Run only the selected applications" to only have checked the ones you want.

In order to run betas you also need to make sure the "Run test applications" is checked yes.

WFD - all your errors were non-betas. Once you change your setting like I described above you should be rockin and rollin
    Last edited by Snow Crash; 05-01-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Crash View Post
    All WUs EXCEPT beta will error if executed on a 470 or a 480.

To turn on/ off delivery of the specific GPUGrid apps ...

http://www.gpugrid.net/prefs.php?subset=project

Click Edit on either the Primary or your specific profile as appropriate and change the "Run only the selected applications" to only have checked the ones you want.

In order to run betas you also need to make sure the "Run test applications" is checked yes.
    Thats how mine is set I only have beta checked but I'm still getting the old v6.03 WU's also

Xtreme Cruncher
    Make sure those settings are on the same profile that your machine is set up to use ... see the Location field at ...

http://www.gpugrid.net/hosts_user.php

I am Xtreme
    Snow that link bring any of us to our own machines

Xtreme Cruncher
    ummm ... that was the point ... I am helping Pulsar make sure the "Location" of his machine with the 480 was set to the same "Profile" that he set up specifically for beta. Profile=Location, same thing, two different names. Dumb as it is, all boinc do this. Seeing as he said he already had the "Profile" set up I wanted him to check his Location. While he could look at his machine details and get the same info the link I used works fine. Setting up generically like I did makes the post useful for other people, not just him. Is there something you think I should do differently?

Xtreme Mentor
    Turns out I had this option checked to "Yes" - If no work for selected applications is available, accept work from other applications?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Glad to hear you found the issue ... looks like between us we have covered all the bases ... now to see if we can get Otis to write it up nice and clean and add it to one of the great stickies he has already put together.

I am Xtreme
    No I figured the link pointed each person to their profiles- I was just making sure I was not crazy

Xtreme Mentor
    Still wondering why its taking me 12 minutes to do a WU and other people are doing them in 6 minutes?

Xtreme Cruncher
    People doing 6 minutes are Linux which is known to run faster than Windows (for now).
    reasons you might be slow ...
    Running stock
    Not turned on SYNC_SORT
    Running HT ON
    Gaming
    Win7 or Vista (XP is better)

I am Addicted!
    if this is true; not good or they need to figure something out. a gtx 275 can produce this much

at least you are making progress and getting some production done

Xtreme Cruncher
    i also had my fermi up and running the whole day. i was at some friend's place and wasn't suppose to come back until tomorrow morning, but i've been dying to see how my machine is doing so i went home tonight

at stock, it's crunching with fan 50%, GPU usage 50%, and temps at a steady 75C. one weird thing is that there is a huge variance in how long it takes to complete a WU, ranging from 8min to 13.5 minutes. all WU are worth 281 points. any ideas to the inconsistencies?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast