Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adobe tells Apple buh bye - puts all dev focus on android

Xtreme Addict
    Quelle surprise... NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    That's not what I've been hearing, from what I understand, it has more to do with ipod apps (basically Apple gets more control and profits more off the apps)
    Ever experienced Flash on OS-X or Linux? If you had you'd hate Flash as well

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    people always claimed macs were s much easier to use... i totally disagree with that... the learning curve is not that steep, but you just run into a wall most of the time at some point, while on the pc there are tons of settings and different tools and you can spend a lifetime on mastering a windows OS with all its software...
    As a switcher I tend to disagree. Most things feel much more natural on OS-X. There are way less (visible) settings (you have to use the Terminal for the rest), but the important stuff is there and not hidden in hundreds of submenus. I have yet to meet your wall. Limitations are clearly visible for corporate users, though.

OS-X (and the iPhone) is for users who want useability without the need for tweaks. It is great to have the possibility to tweak your system until it is the way you want it to, but not everybody wants that. I have a Palm Pre and I tweaked it a bit (Patches yay!) but I don't want that for my Notebook. My Notebook has to run without hassles. I had to reinstall Windows several times and every time I had to change several settings and install several programs before it was useable for me. That is plain annoying
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 04-24-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] leviathan18 View Post
    user friendly interface doesnt make a smarth phone good, its features and content, what makes a smarth phone good.

i want productivity out of my phone, not fart apps
    i agree, and thats why you and me dont have an iphone
    but i think most people dont care that much about features... just look at the success of the iphone... it couldnt even copy paste or multitask at all until a firmware update a couple of months ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Ever experienced Flash on OS-X or Linux? If you had you'd hate Flash as well
    My main machine is a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, i watch BBC iPlayer HD (Adobe Air/Flash) and YouTube HD all the time with no issues

Apparently, OS X update 10.6.3 added a new Video Decode Acceleration framework which will allow Adobe to put Flash h.264 GPU acceleration into OS X Flash

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronage View Post
    Apparently, OS X update 10.6.3 added a new Video Decode Acceleration framework which will allow Adobe to put Flash h.264 GPU acceleration into OS X Flash
    You're lucky then. I have a white late 2006 with a GMA950
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

You're lucky then. I have a white late 2006 with a GMA950
    Ouch!

Xtreme Cruncher
    i agree, and thats why you and me dont have an iphone
    but i think most people dont care that much about features... just look at the success of the iphone... it couldnt even copy paste or multitask at all until a firmware update a couple of months ago lol
    still cant multitask properly, it stacks the apps, with my N900 when i put the app manager i can see my videos playing my website flash banners doing their thing, etc etc real multi task.
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Member
    Well, somehow this thread got away from the main issue: Adobe totally sucks. There is no debating that point. Adobe should concentrate on plugging the gaping security holes it opens on your computer first. But what do I know, maybe you guys like running Malwarebytes every 10 minutes. Me, personally, I don't like it. But everybody is different.

Second, I'm hearing a lot of hate about Steve Jobs. Why? Dunno. Some of you guys seem to think he is supposed to act like Mother Theresa and feed the poor or something. Let me tell you, maybe this is the first time you are hearing this, but here is what Mr. Jobs really is: an old fashioned American Capitalist. Did you miss that somehow? He is doing exactly what Alfred P. Sloan (See, google.com) said a corporation should do: create customers. Jobs is the best at creating customers. ipad? Why anybody wants it is a mystery to me, but they love it. iphone is the same thing. And ipod is even worse. So why the hate? Do you hate capitalism? If yes, then do something about it, like join the Communist party. If not, then stop complaining. Or pick up an intro to Econ book sometime and read the chapter about how capitalists love to compete with someone who makes the same product cheaper and better. And then read the chapter about how capitalists like to help the consumer have a nice day. And then take a ride on your unicorn across a rainbow bridge, because you are in a fantasy land of make-believe.

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by eth0s View Post
    Well, somehow this thread got away from the main issue: Adobe totally sucks. There is no debating that point. Adobe should concentrate on plugging the gaping security holes it opens on your computer first. But what do I know, maybe you guys like running Malwarebytes every 10 minutes. Me, personally, I don't like it. But everybody is different.

Second, I'm hearing a lot of hate about Steve Jobs. Why? Dunno. Some of you guys seem to think he is supposed to act like Mother Theresa and feed the poor or something. Let me tell you, maybe this is the first time you are hearing this, but here is what Mr. Jobs really is: an old fashioned American Capitalist. Did you miss that somehow? He is doing exactly what Alfred P. Sloan (See, google.com) said a corporation should do: create customers. Jobs is the best at creating customers. ipad? Why anybody wants it is a mystery to me, but they love it. iphone is the same thing. And ipod is even worse. So why the hate? Do you hate capitalism? If yes, then do something about it, like join the Communist party. If not, then stop complaining. Or pick up an intro to Econ book sometime and read the chapter about how capitalists love to compete with someone who makes the same product cheaper and better. And then read the chapter about how capitalists like to help the consumer have a nice day. And then take a ride on your unicorn across a rainbow bridge, because you are in a fantasy land of make-believe.
    The argument has nothing against or for Apple, adobe, or any other business.
    The problem is unless a standard is open enough to allow open source projects to emulate it within 5 years, then it isn't possible to be a true standard; let alone something that could truly survive in a capitalistic society...

As for why people hate Steve Jobs, well either they are reasonable sane individuals or they have actual personally interacted with him.
    He was the biggest douche bag I've EVER had the discomfort to meet.
    Not the mention, it is hard to like a man who refused to acknowledge his own daughter. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&ei=CAXV...f73b7d243bf661
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Quote Originally Posted by Dainas View Post
    I love it how people cannot comprehend the fact that Adobe flash is the bigger detriment to the entire computer industry. Apple not supporting it on their iphone is a good thing, might make Adobe consider actually pulling some effort into before sending it out the door, or better yet snowballs into flash being replaced by a better standard.
    I'll agree with you...in part. I agree that at the MOMENT flash is in a bad place, but this is because flash was used in ways other than why it was developed. And while adobe should have revamped the software to better support the new uses that developers made, they didn't. Thus the inefficiency. HTML5 is also hit or miss, as most browsers still have issues with HTML5, and remember how many users still [sadly] use IE6. While I want flash dead, I don't see it happening soon
    Lian-Li V2000B | Intel Q6600 G0 @ 2.997Ghz (333 x 9) | DFI LP UT P35-T2R | Corsair 750TX PSU | Team Group Xtreem Dark DDR2-800 4GB | Seagate 500GB HD | EVGA 8800 GTS [G92] 512MB | Danger Den MC-TDX | Danger Den IONE GPU Block | ThermoChill 120.3 w/ 3 Yate Loons | Swiftech MCRES | D5-Var Pump | Tygon 3603 1/2" Tubing

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] leviathan18 View Post
    still cant multitask properly, it stacks the apps, with my N900 when i put the app manager i can see my videos playing my website flash banners doing their thing, etc etc real multi task.
    i know... amazing considering its been out for over 3 years...

about adobe... it feels sluggish and slow and buggy at times, but if it would be easy to get this right, how come ms or google or apple for that matter havent come up with an alternative? they havent... at least none that managed to compete... lets face it, without adobe the net would be a pretty boring place...

MS has silverlight, although its a giant security hole
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lets face it, without adobe the net would be a pretty boring place...
    Macromedia wasn't so bad ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DeltZ View Post
    Macromedia wasn't so bad ^^
    yah imagine how much better the world be if adobe didnt buy macromedia we would have working dreamweaver and flash would have stayed updated on winmo and im guessing they would have droid support already. and it would cost less than a grand to get the software for web and flash design.

i still like the mx2005 over adobe's stuff
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Xtreme Member
    My Notebook has to run without hassles. I had to reinstall Windows several times and every time I had to change several settings and install several programs before it was useable for me. That is plain annoying
    What "settings" do you need to change after installing Windows? Pretty much the only thing I change in Win7 is the update notification.
    Oh, I change the display theme too, but that doesn't count.

As for apps, yes, you need to install them. Life is really boring on a PC without apps. The magical Mac doesn't need app installation then, I suppose? :P

Seriously, I fail to see the points of your criticism. My 2 laptops have been running Win7 for well over a year now without problems; I have yet to run into the "hassles" that you speak of.

Xtreme Mentor
    Sorry apple, but I love Youtube, Newgrounds and Weebl and Bob far too much to ever consider buying an internet device without flash.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bizkit35461 View Post
    I'll agree with you...in part. I agree that at the MOMENT flash is in a bad place, but this is because flash was used in ways other than why it was developed. And while adobe should have revamped the software to better support the new uses that developers made, they didn't. Thus the inefficiency. HTML5 is also hit or miss, as most browsers still have issues with HTML5, and remember how many users still [sadly] use IE6. While I want flash dead, I don't see it happening soon
    I agree. The funny part though, is that at the moment Flash is more efficient than HTML5, even on a browser like Chrome for example. It's easier to build a nice looking interactive site by using Flash than it is by using HTML5 (and other accompanying W3C standards) and the Flash version of that site will be less of a resource hog. This does depend on your platform though, Flash isn't as heavily optimized on the Mac and on Linux as it is on Windows and that's mainly because only Windows has the necessary APIs for certain hardware acceleration features (the Mac now has them as well, for a little under a week).
    Here are some interesting sites regarding Flash and HTML performance:
    http://androidcommunity.com/flash-10...head-20100331/
    http://www.mikechambers.com/blog/201...ating-systems/
    http://www.streaminglearningcenter.c...-depends-.html
    http://themaninblue.com/writing/perspective/2010/03/22/
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    MS has silverlight, although its a giant security hole
    Could you back that up with facts? I could make the same claims for any software, but I don't think many people would take me serious if I didn't provide some data to backup my claim. Although I think most would agree that Flash is a giant security hole though (as is Firefox).
    "When in doubt, C-4!" -- Jamie Hyneman

Silverstone TJ-09 Case | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Intel Core i5 750 CPU | ASUS P7P55D PRO Mobo | OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon 5850 GPU | Intel X-25M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD | Windows 7 x64 | NEC EA23WMi 23" Monitor |Auzentech X-Fi Forte Soundcard | Creative T3 2.1 Speakers | AudioTechnica AD900 Headphone |

Xtreme X.I.P.
    oh yeah about the security stuff... adobe is so insecure supposedly, but has any of you actually ever faced any issues with it?
    i never have...

Xtreme Addict
    I've seen Quicktime security holes get exploited if that helps. But don't tell the Apple apologists or they get cranky.

Xtreme Addict
    Now a days I hope every single user that ever cried "I'm going with Apple next time" would simply man up, say nothing, and go and do it. Never look back. Until of course you can't do the simplest of things, or the new feature you want is only on snow-leopard-tiger-huugybear, and you've only got snow-leopard. Oh, those aren't patches or releases to fix problems, they a revolutionary carry-ons of the "flawless from the start" Apple way of doing things.

This is the fundamental problem with Apple. Do they lie to their users? I think so. Sooner or (usually) later people realize this and move on.

So, for the i-phone, ipads, and whatever else poppads I say just do it. Go for it. The Apple is the best there ever was, and they even have the great truth-teller himself, Al Gore on the board of directors. Sort of funny, the Apple ads are just about as accurate as the global warming, oops, climate change, oops Anthropogenic Climate Change BS. Maybe now we know why Gore is at Apple.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinas View Post
    Now a days I hope every single user that ever cried "I'm going with Apple next time" would simply man up, say nothing, and go and do it. Never look back. Until of course you can't do the simplest of things, or the new feature you want is only on snow-leopard-tiger-huugybear, and you've only got snow-leopard. Oh, those aren't patches or releases to fix problems, they a revolutionary carry-ons of the "flawless from the start" Apple way of doing things.

This is the fundamental problem with Apple. Do they lie to their users? I think so. Sooner or (usually) later people realize this and move on.

So, for the i-phone, ipads, and whatever else poppads I say just do it. Go for it. The Apple is the best there ever was, and they even have the great truth-teller himself, Al Gore on the board of directors. Sort of funny, the Apple ads are just about as accurate as the global warming, oops, climate change, oops Anthropogenic Climate Change BS. Maybe now we know why Gore is at Apple.
    Politics. Yay.

oh yeah about the security stuff... adobe is so insecure supposedly, but has any of you actually ever faced any issues with it?
    i never have...
    yes but only with flash triggering the JRE but now that all (or opera and FF) have full sandboxed java clients the JRE dosnt get installed and i havnt had problems

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    I've seen Quicktime security holes get exploited if that helps. But don't tell the Apple apologists or they get cranky.
    dont forget that apple puts un-sandboxed java on everything there is nothing easier to exploit
    Last edited by zanzabar; 04-26-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinas View Post

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL14
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

Quote Originally Posted by Helmore View Post
    Could you back that up with facts? I could make the same claims for any software, but I don't think many people would take me serious if I didn't provide some data to backup my claim. Although I think most would agree that Flash is a giant security hole though (as is Firefox).
    sorry missed your post, if u look on MS's forums they have a whole list of holes that need to be fixed and silverlight has root access in IE to install things remotely and run power shell. it may have been fixed but ive never seen a MS rep that had it installed other than on the tech demo for that.

FF and flash have problems but when the employees of the software maker and the devs who demo it dont use it on their own systems im not going to

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123