Thread: upgrade time help

upgrade time help

Okay you guys warned me before going water that it is addictive and you always want to get better parts and lower temps, you were right.
    So it's time for an upgrade.
    first the current situation.
    Loop1
    mcp355 in a xspc bayres
    heatkiller 3.0 CU
    XSPC rx240 with 2 GT 1450's

Loop2
    mcp355 in a xspc bayres
    2x bitspower black freezer GTX295B
    xspc rx360 with 3 GT 1450's

I'm want to consolidate the 2 loops and form one big loop with 2 pumps, i'll be using the EK-dual DDC turbo V2 with an EK tuberes.
    The rads will be replaced by a phobya xtreme 1080 rad with 9 yate loon 1350 RPM fans.

Will my temps improve if I buy and install these components.
    My second question is regarding the fans. I'd like to hook up all the fans via this cable http://www.aquatuning.nl/product_inf...--Schwarz.html will this give all the fans enough power to run at 1350 rpm.

Thanks in advance

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    Whether or not your temps will be substantially better is difficult to say.

As far as using that cable for your fans, just make sure that whatever supply you are attaching the one 3-pin connecter to can handle the combined power draw of all the fans. Plugging this into a mother board fan header for example would be a bad idea and would result in the release of the magic smoke from said mother board.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Xtreme Guru
    It's not cable that gives power, so second question sounds .. wierd
    Imho almost for shure motherboard fan connectors won't be enough to power 9 fans. I would double check if single channel of some fan/pump controller or some rheobus is able to provide enough. Of course, one can always power directly from PSU, if standart selection of 12/7/5V is enough.
    I'm not familiar how well phobya xtreme 1080 rad compares with MoRa 2. If it's almost same, then it should be rather flow restricting rad, yet very effective cooling at low fan rpms. Dual DDC should overcome rad flow restriction though.
    BTW, what is reason for consolidating loops? I usually see people splitting 'em

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    It's not cable that gives power, so second question sounds .. wierd
    Imho almost for shure motherboard fan connectors won't be enough to power 9 fans. I would double check if single channel of some fan/pump controller or some rheobus is able to provide enough. Of course, one can always power directly from PSU, if standart selection of 12/7/5V is enough.
    I'm not familiar how well phobya xtreme 1080 rad compares with MoRa 2. If it's almost same, then it should be rather flow restricting rad, yet very effective cooling at low fan rpms. Dual DDC should overcome rad flow restriction though.
    BTW, what is reason for consolidating loops? I usually see people splitting 'em
    I know its not the cable that determines whether or not the fans could run, but I wanted to ask if it would be a good idea to connect 9 fans to a single fan header. I'll be connecting them to my PSU via a 4pin molex tot 3 pin fan connector which i will connect the 1 3 pin to 9 pin to.
    I want to consolidate them because I don't have room for 2 9x120mm rads and it would be overkill, buying 2 4x120mm rads would be much more expensive. The second question is answered already

Bump for epic victory, anyone got any ideas on this plan