Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bloodrage compatibility with GTX 470 ?

Bloodrage compatibility with GTX 470 ?

I just received my GTX 470 and for some reason I can no longer boot with all three sticks of ram. My system hangs on the logo screen and the Debug code 4E appears on the LED on my bloodrage. The system will only boot with one stick of ram (OCZ Blades DDr3 2000mhz). I have memtested all three sticks and they are fine. I don't have this issue with my 5870 just the GTX 470. Anyone else have this issue ?
    Currently running bios G38

My PSU is PC&C 910W.
    Mobo Bloodrage Rev 1

Xtreme Member
    I had a problem with DIM slot dieing on my Gigabyte Board. The last DIM Slot died randomly on me.
    Now i can only run 3 DIM's.
    is your mobo still under warranty ? maybe RMA it ?.
    i was thinking of doing mine but as im going to upgrade to a i7 soon i not going to bother.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    eh? videocard causing mem not to work? 0_o
    that doesnt make much sense... so you put the 5870 back and all 3 sticks work again?

what bios are you on and what settings?
    does it only happen at oced speeds or also stock speeds?

Xtreme Member
    i've just had reports of the problem on other board so it be bios, the problem is i dont have any card to tested with so hard to say

it been reported so hope to have a fix but do not know how long it take

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    eh? videocard causing mem n
    ot to work? 0_o
    that doesnt make much sense... so you put the 5870 back and all 3 sticks work again?

what bios are you on and what settings?
    does it only happen at oced speeds or also stock speeds?
    I tried it at stock (optimized default settings) and still the problem persists . when I do use the 5870 everything works fine. could it be because the 470 is 1.2gb ? anyone try a video card with more than 1gb of mem .

Xtreme Addict
    Too much power out of PCIe causing some kind of overload? Thats seriously wierd.. especially cause BR has separated PWM for memory..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Any suggestions? or anyone else running into this issue. Man, am i going to have to get a new mobo :/ noooooooooooo not the rage

Xtreme X.I.P.
    the only thing i can think of is that the memory partitioning during post is somehow causing issues with the new cards...
    similar to the dual gpu cards not working when they were launched, both the 3870x2 and 4870x2 had similar problems...
    dont think it has anything to do with power...

carl, i hope the lab has a 470 or 480 at least...

Xtreme Addict
    Try disabling memory hole.. (dont ask where it is, or if it even is there.. it should be ).
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme X.I.P.
    oh yeah, that might help!
    cant remember seing that feature on BR though...
    if its there, it should be in the second or third menu from the top left

lol, my memory sucks hahah, dont even remember the names and i actually chose what to name those menu items in the bios

memory hole ? didn't see that option .

Xtreme Addict
    I will try to check where it is in BIOS. Its not in memory settings, Im sure of that..
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Foxconn bloodrage 470GTX Wont boot

Hi I have had loads of problems with the GTX470 and the foxconn bloodrage the only way i could get it to work was use bios P03 when installed load optimized defaults then re do my Raid 0 and it worked for me i could not get any of the other bios to work and I tried all of them

I will give the P03 bios a try. Did you have problems with ram as well ?

wait p03 bios ? for bloodrage :\ I only see p06

Xtreme Addict
    Yea its very old one, mobos were usually distribued with it. Tough, nothing bad on it..
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Foxconn bloodrage 470GTX Wont boot

Had no problems with RAM with this board and this P03 bios, but any bios over P09 seems to be fussy with a 3 way raid 0 partition, one thing i will never be buying foxconn again had a few silly issues for a start where are all the updated drivers and utills for windows 7 x64, the last ones was released last september no creative software(although i did find a driver that seems to work if you installed the latest realtek driver first)also the northbridge waterblock had red paint inside of it that not only covered the base plate but flaked of and found red bits of paint in my pump impeller, so i contacted foxconn about this and sent them links to forums with other people having problems with the paint and they sent me an email back with"creatives fault as they have not released the driver and as for the waterblock it doesn't happen" Now they wont return my Emails at all including the one about the 470 their support sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinshou Kuma View Post
    I just received my GTX 470 and for some reason I can no longer boot with all three sticks of ram. My system hangs on the logo screen and the Debug code 4E appears on the LED on my bloodrage. The system will only boot with one stick of ram (OCZ Blades DDr3 2000mhz). I have memtested all three sticks and they are fine. I don't have this issue with my 5870 just the GTX 470. Anyone else have this issue ?
    Currently running bios G38

My PSU is PC&C 910W.
    Mobo Bloodrage Rev 1
    I hade the exact same problem but I used an Ati x300 64 mb PCIE card because my 5870 hadn't arrived yet. I could only use 1 stick of ram at a time and the error code was 4E same as you.

I was ready to return the card when I tried it one last time with my 5870 (arrived the same day) instead. And it booted just fine.

I think foxconn screwed us bigtime with this mobo. Driver updates, and software suck. And the support is none existing... at best!.

I understand why there was only one company in Sweden that even had it listed when it was new
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 rev 1,0| AMD FX-8120@?| Corsair H100| 2x4 GB Patriot Viper Xtreme Division 2 PC15000 9-11-9-27| 2*Powercolor Radeon HD6970 2048MB @ Crossfire| 3*NEC MultiSync EA231WMi 23" Monitorer @ Eyefinity| OCZ Vertex 3 60 GB| 2*Intel 80GB X25-M G2 @ RAID0| Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000W| Cooler Master ATCS 840|

Quote Originally Posted by gambit_2k View Post
    i hade the exact same problem but i used an ati x300 64 mb pcie card because my 5870 hadn't arrived yet. I could only use 1 stick of ram at a time and the error code was 4e same as you.

I was ready to return the card when i tried it one last time with my 5870 (arrived the same day) instead. And it booted just fine.

I think foxconn screwed us bigtime with this mobo. Driver updates, and software suck. And the support is none existing... At best!.

I understand why there was only one company in sweden that even had it listed when it was new
    yep foxconn suck big time took me 5 months to find an x-fi mb driver that worked and i had to find that myself

Didnt try taking out ram used a hd 4650 as works fine with that just kept replacing card and installing the bios untill i found one that worked for me but I am running my memory
    with no overclock as worried it wont boot up again and while its working going to leave it and as far a performance of the GTX470 it runs far better than the HD5870 I had before
    even with the dodgy Bios

Xtreme Member
    guy will you stop it
    it been reported and will be fixed when we get the graphic card

so stop it, we not the only board that has problem as i hear other board from asus and gigabyte have problem.

Quote Originally Posted by oddballs View Post
    Didnt try taking out ram used a hd 4650 as works fine with that just kept replacing card and installing the bios untill i found one that worked for me but I am running my memory
    with no overclock as worried it wont boot up again and while its working going to leave it and as far a performance of the GTX470 it runs far better than the HD5870 I had before
    even with the dodgy Bios
    Like the x-fi mb driver or the aegis panel for windows 7 x64

Xtreme Addict
    Dont like Foxconn? Buy ASUS next time.. see how far youll go with complaints (hint.. nowhere, ASUS dont care at all). Foxconn engineer is often checking forums and improving BIOS according to our wishes (or drivers). Recently they added B2B setting (only ASUS has them) cause we wanted that, yes it wasnt without problems, but last version works fine (G38).

And if you change graphic card and now your PC doesnt work, you seriously think its mobo issue? No, just someone as usually didnt follow standarts when building graphic card you bought. So wait until it will be fixed, cause it will be.

There is very tiny amount of real problems with BloodRage, usually ppl blame it for everything they can imagine and result its always failure of something else (like in 95% cases).

And X-Fi MB drivers? Lol, if you bought mobo for this, you definetly should buy something else..

BloodRage is constructed for power and OCing, nothing else. If you think different, your problem.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

I have to admit this is the first issue I have had with this board and I am not sure if its the board or the video card. I have owned a MARS, BlackOps and obviously bloodrage and never had any real issues with them. This same problem I am having my friend had with an 8800 ultra and his dfi mobo. He mentioned DFI released a bios update to fix it but am not sure what needs to be updated. I actually like my 470 on a day to day basis over my 5870 so am keeping it and running on 2gb for now until i can figure out what the problem is. If it becomes a burden and am forced to get a new board I may do so then.

Man I need to put up a signature.

Xtreme Addict
    Im sure they fix it. I guess it probably really has something to do with GTX 470 having bit wierd ammount of memory (probably not allocating proper amount of system memory). Its just matter of time, until they get their sample of GTX 470..
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast