Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testing out the GTX480

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NCspecV81 View Post
    Does that clock give you any artifact? I can run kombustor at 900core with 1100mV but there were obvious artifacts when running 3DMark Vantage, especially the second test. Running the memory at 2250 the first Vantage test the water behaves very strangely...

Also, your screen on Kombustor looks strange... mine looks like this:

Is that screenshot what it looks like to you? does it also look like your screen on stock clocks? or just a screengrab issue?

Quote Originally Posted by creidiki View Post
    We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    NCspecV81
    What are you cooling the ram/vregs on the videocard with? Looks like the stock cooler with the top/fan off. Is that correct? If not, where did you get it? do you have a fan blowing across? what kind of PCB/vreg temps do you see?
    Last edited by anzial; 04-23-2010 at 09:23 AM.
    Sig is under construction

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anzial View Post
    NCspecV81
    What are you cooling the ram/vregs on the videocard with? Looks like the stock cooler with the top/fan off. Is that correct? If not, where did you get it? do you have a fan blowing across? what kind of PCB/vreg temps do you see?
    he is using stock

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by owned666 View Post
    he is using stock
    Figured as much. Still wonder, how hot do the RAM/VREGs get.

Xtreme Addict
    The stock plate doesn't get hot at all atleast mine doesn't even at 1.13V.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal_fantasy View Post
    Does that clock give you any artifact? I can run kombustor at 900core with 1100mV but there were obvious artifacts when running 3DMark Vantage, especially the second test. Running the memory at 2250 the first Vantage test the water behaves very strangely...

Also, your screen on Kombustor looks strange... mine looks like this:

Is that screenshot what it looks like to you? does it also look like your screen on stock clocks? or just a screengrab issue?
    I'm using the 1.6 beta 5 which seems to change the kombuster b/c the MSI moves differently as well. It's like 2 images waving.

Quote Originally Posted by anzial View Post
    NCspecV81
    as said, the stock sink.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm using the 1.6 beta 5 which seems to change the kombuster b/c the MSI moves differently as well. It's like 2 images waving.
    Strange... I'm also running the Combustor that came with 1.6 Beta 5 of Afterburner...

Is the image like that when the card is at stock too?

Quote Originally Posted by creidiki View Post
    We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal_fantasy View Post
    Strange... I'm also running the Combustor that came with 1.6 Beta 5 of Afterburner...

Is the image like that when the card is at stock too?
    Interesting... yep stock and also on my 5870's o.0

Only time it's not like that is when running the benchmark.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    NCspecV81 so how hot does your 480 RAM/VREGs get? that is, if you keeping tabs on that sort of thing. Also, what did you use to mount the Fuzion GFX on it? standard NV200 kit or something custom-made?

NooB MOD
    These cards have a very sharp curve of stability. Highest obtained clock speed on the gpu core on air has been 982.5. Highest memory clock 2708mhz whilst being on air. However, those are max validations.

That looks really good, I like the industrial feel

I can't believe some of those numbers are single GPU, WOW
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/gqsgv/

This is on one of my weak 480's. Gonna go back and try it on the asus and I expect some more. I wished there was a hard mod that was documented =o\.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12