Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 4th Gen iPhone leaked.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    its a shame that there are almost no phones that allow pass-through so you could use them as a 3g modem for your laptop as well...
    works very well on the touch pro 2, and my contract is $30/mnth to boot. Thanks sprint!
    my mini-fridge
    MoBo: GA-EP45-UD3P | CPU: Q9550 3.6GHZ @ 1.216v | RAM: 4x1GB 900mhz @ 5-5-5-15 | GPU: GTX 460 900G/1800S/4400M | PSU: Corsair 750TX| HDD's: Seagate 320GB + 500GB, Samsung 1TB | Case: antec p180

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    i can imagine the new EVO can have some cool app which will allow you to call, text, and check the internet at the same time, by only using the 4g/wimax signal, and can end up saving a TON for people who live in the cities, but sprint wouldnt like that i bet.
    You can use both data and voice at the same time if you are on a WiFi network, but you can't do both if you want to do that with just CDMA and WiMax.
    One way to get around this, in case you don't have WiFi, is by using Skype for example. At the moment, Sprint's network just can't do both at the same time and neither can the EVO. HTC has indicated though that this is not a hardware limitation in the HTC EVO itself and voice+data may(/will) become available in the future.
    http://www.intomobile.com/2010/03/31...same-time.html
    "When in doubt, C-4!" -- Jamie Hyneman

Silverstone TJ-09 Case | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Intel Core i5 750 CPU | ASUS P7P55D PRO Mobo | OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon 5850 GPU | Intel X-25M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD | Windows 7 x64 | NEC EA23WMi 23" Monitor |Auzentech X-Fi Forte Soundcard | Creative T3 2.1 Speakers | AudioTechnica AD900 Headphone |

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmore View Post
    You can use both data and voice at the same time if you are on a WiFi network, but you can't do both if you want to do that with just CDMA and WiMax.
    One way to get around this, in case you don't have WiFi, is by using Skype for example. At the moment, Sprint's network just can't do both at the same time and neither can the EVO. HTC has indicated though that this is not a hardware limitation in the HTC EVO itself and voice+data may(/will) become available in the future.
    http://www.intomobile.com/2010/03/31...same-time.html
    CMDA is whats used for both sprints 3g and their calling right? same signal for both? since 4g is different towers, i cannot even imagine a reason why they would prevent both from doing their own thing.

Xtreme Member
    It's not a Sprint or Verizon limitation, it's just not possible on CDMA or WiMax networks. I'm not an engineer in this area to get into the technical reasons why it's not possible, but the air interface can't support both at once. My Palm Pre can use voice over 3G and data at the same time over WiFi because it's using a different radio, but you can't do both at once.

Personally I think WiMax is running Sprint into a dead end when it comes to future handset availability as pretty much the whole world is going LTE. It's a shame because their plans kick the butt of any other national provider in the US. I have 4 lines, 1600 minutes, unlimited calling to any cell phone on any carrier, and unlimited everything else for $150/month. 2 Palm Pre's, a Curve, and a Moment -- same plan on Verizon would hit me at $200+.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234