Thread: anybody WC tri sli 480 cards yet

Xtreme Member

anybody WC tri sli 480 cards yet

i guess no one can afford it yet
    Last edited by owned666; 04-18-2010 at 08:54 AM.

I am Xtreme
    I will as soon as i get home . . .but then they are sponsored. will use Danger Den nickle-plated blocks. I am spending the say with the owners of Origin PCs. they are already building tri-sli water-cooled rigs for customers (they produce about 95% water-cooled rigs . . .very few air-builds). They use Koolance blocks.
    http://www.originpc.com/index_us.asp
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    I will as soon as i get home . . .but then they are sponsored. will use Danger Den nickle-plated blocks. I am spending the say with the owners of Origin PCs. they are already building tri-sli water-cooled rigs for customers (they produce about 95% water-cooled rigs . . .very few air-builds). They use Koolance blocks.
    http://www.originpc.com/index_us.asp
    who is "they" ? orgin pc ? + didnt they work for alienware along time ago
    it looks like they use coolants with dyes isnt that bad ?
    im still confused does the dye separate under heat ?
    is the dye separation unique to the feser coolants ?

any ways which case will u get and how many rads ?

I am Xtreme
    Yes, my friends at Origin have over 30 years of combined experience at Alienware. They took the enthusiast and performance mentality that Dell killed in Alienware and started fresh but with the benefit of not having to go through the learning curves. Colored coolants do not have to break down. They current use Koolance but they are looking at places like XS where other stuff is being developed.

My project:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ight=brimstone
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

They have some sweet laptops as well, just wish they had an accidental damage option for warranty as $4k on a laptop with out one is a bit of a risk
    New Rig in Development
    Current Rig: i7 950 (HK 3.0 CU Block) : ASUS WS (Koolance Blocks) : eVGA 295 GTX CO-OP (Swiftech Full card Block) : 6GB Corsair Dominator XMP memory : Highpoint 4320 raid card : 4x 128Gb SuperTalent MasterDrive SX's (Raid 0) - OS : 2x 300GB WD Raptors (Raid 0) - Caching Drive : D5 pump with Bitpower top running to 360 rad for CPU & MB : MCP355 with XPSC Res Top to 120mm rad for GPU

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by H20Cooled View Post
    They have some sweet laptops as well, just wish they had an accidental damage option for warranty as $4k on a laptop with out one is a bit of a risk
    Will ask them about it tonight. Just got back from their shop. Freaking sweet builds.

I am Xtreme
    We were talking about you today Shaz You are well-loved around these parts.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    We were talking about you today Shaz You are well-loved around these parts.
    what makes ORGIN different than other companies

ive seen many companies that do the same thing and sometimes even better with like three 360 rads

and how well is ORGIN doing in this crisis
    ive seen a couple of companies close down because of it

Xtreme Member
    I'm actually more curious to see builds with at least gtx480 sli and running surround 3D.
    ATCS 840| Core i7 920 - 4.2Ghz - H20| Corsair Dominator GT 1600Mhz 6GB| EVGA X58 Classified| GTX480 2-Way SLI| WD 640GB X2 (Raid 0)| Corsair HX1000W

I went to CompUSSR roday to see the acer 3d screens first hand. The screen is not bad, it just really needs a thinner bezel and needs to drop about $100. I need 3 so at $370-$399 each depending on source its a bit much for just a 24" lcd t only 1980. For the smae money a ultra high res 30" could be had.

There is one person on EVGA forums that just got three 480's and his blocks for the cards. At least my first FTW will be shipped this week, now if they only did not can my second order
    New Rig in Development
    Current Rig: i7 950 (HK 3.0 CU Block) : ASUS WS (Koolance Blocks) : eVGA 295 GTX CO-OP (Swiftech Full card Block) : 6GB Corsair Dominator XMP memory : Highpoint 4320 raid card : 4x 128Gb SuperTalent MasterDrive SX's (Raid 0) - OS : 2x 300GB WD Raptors (Raid 0) - Caching Drive : D5 pump with Bitpower top running to 360 rad for CPU & MB : MCP355 with XPSC Res Top to 120mm rad for GPU

Quote Originally Posted by owned666 View Post

ive seen many companies that do the same thing and sometimes even better with like three 360 rads

I'm no expert on ORIGIN - I just know that the folks running it are in the business for the right reasons. They are relatively new (to ORIGIN, not to the Boutique PC business), and I imagine how well they are doing is not public info. I doubt they would claim to have the absolute high end water cooled systems.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    480 triple sli with ek blocks and ek triple link. Do it do it!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by owned666 View Post

WTF are you talking about? You asked about anyone having done it so I tell you Origin has it offered in their configurator. If you want to bag on Origin then do your research. What makes them special? Well, for one they have me helping They also have insane amount of experience and truely build rigs that a DIYer would build themselves. There is a market for high-end boutique builds as not everyone can or wants to DIY. I think I can say my builds are among the highest caliber (not even the douchbags elsewhere can say I do not build great rigs . . . .) so if I am impressed then you should at least zip your lip until you have a chance to see one or read a review on one. Just saying . . . .

oh, Origin is growing . . . and growing . . .

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    I'm no expert on ORIGIN - I just know that the folks running it are in the business for the right reasons. They are relatively new (to ORIGIN, not to the Boutique PC business), and I imagine how well they are doing is not public info. I doubt they would claim to have the absolute high end water cooled systems.
    we are working on that