Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MedRed's i7 Build: "You're My Boy, Blue"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    get rid of that reservoir!!!
    It got rid of itself. I I kept noticing a rather large bubble kept building in my gpu water block. I'd evacuate it but it kept coming back faster and bigger. I finally checked out the res I found out that it had started to crack and was leaking. I replaced it with a tecnofront res that works like a charm; however, I'm going to incorporate one of the frozenq res's into this new build. I'm waiting for the new ones to be released... and thus my hold up in finishing this build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Also... this is where I'm at fitting wise... totals have been left out to protect the innocent...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    looks sexy dude, hows the dust build up??

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Johnny! The dust is as you see it... no build up. I added dust filters on the intake fans. enough air is blown around the mobo to keep dust from settling. love your avatar pic btw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    I started the hard/clear tubing upgrade process in August. I've had a TON of delays.
    I waited for my res until October. I hooked everything up... but my flow was a lot slower than I wanted. You can imagine that after all those 90 degree bends, there'd be flow issues. It was enough to cool the loop during gaming, but I did not want to risk a stress test.

I had a spare, unopened mpc655. So I ordered a bitspower dual pump top.

So what happened? the system seemed to move water fine while it was being filled... As soon as it was full, I was getting a trickle for flow... and I mean a TRICKLE. I was obviously confused as 1 pump was slow flow... why would 2 pumps be no flow?

I decided it might be the pump top so I ordered a white EK dual pump top

and the results? SAME THING!

So now I'm really confused. I'm thinking that I might need to go back to separate pump tops. I already had a bitspower top with a custom dress kit... so I ordered another one...

So... that didn't work either -__-

I tried one pump like I'd originally started with... and once again ended up with a trickle...And this was with the NEWER PUMP! I was about to go back to tubing.

I was totally frustrated at that point. I was having to fill my res with a syringe with the rig turned on its side. It was not easy to drain, and I had to fill the res, start the system, turn it off, fill, on, off, fill.. ect..

I took apart all of the plumbing. I blew into my blocks/radiators and noticed no restriction. That put away my fears of gunked up radiators

I decided to take a look at the pumps. I hooked them up without a top on my secondary pc... I noticed that the OLD pump spun a little faster than the spare, unopened pump that I'd added to the system. I didn't know if that was the issue, but I tried one last hail mary

I ordered a new mpc655 and ran both pumps in the bitspower block... GUESS WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?! It works!!!!!

Now I'm getting way more flow than I originally had on this system, So I'm obviously expecting lower temperatures.

I'm going to use the dual EK white pump top. My GPU waterblock is EK... so why not go with an EK CPU block? So I upgraded to an EK Nickel/acrylic block.

I think the system looks pretty sick with the new upgrades.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to actually run the system as my Koolance Flowmeter started leaking. It was a tremendous help in figuring out what was going on with my system. I sent in an RMA for it. I also went with some Indigo Xtreme TMI. We'll see how that works out as well. I'll post some pics after it's all back together again.

I'm happy to put this mystery to rest. I would have never expected that the new pump was defective
    It is TOUGH not adding some dye with all of this clear tubing. I built the system with UV lights all over the place. It'd be too easy to slip a little dye in. I just don't want to clog up my blocks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    Ah ic ic, would be heaps dusty in my room hehe...post some pics up off the new res/pumps and your new sexy cpu block!!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Technician
    Nice build medred, loving the crystal links.

Try mayhems UV brightener - its not a dye so wont stain or separate. Anything else and youll have a problem with the tubes staining. Course it only shows up under UV, not sure if that's what you're after.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Ah ic ic, would be heaps dusty in my room hehe...post some pics up off the new res/pumps and your new sexy cpu block!!
    I have a REALLY dusty place. I added these filter to all of the fans that suck air in from the outside

They virtually eliminated dust issues. They do get clogged up like a dryer's lint trap after awhile, so I just peel that off from time to time. I'll get some pics up!

Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    Nice build medred, loving the crystal links.

Try mayhems UV brightener - its not a dye so wont stain or separate. Anything else and youll have a problem with the tubes staining. Course it only shows up under UV, not sure if that's what you're after.
    I have 4 UV lights in this case... I'll check out the UV brightener. I don't want anything that will clog. Thanks for the heads up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Technician
    Definitely doesnt clog!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    Definitely doesnt clog!
    Good to know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Good news and bad news

Good news. I hooked up everything, and it works great! my flowmeter is spinning more than TWICE as fast when I just had one pump. I'm super stoked.

The Bad news.
    A: I updated my bios and my old OC profiles don't work anymore :-(... For some reason it no longer likes similar settings when I manually add them. I'm going to have to spend some time redoing my overclock profiles.

B: I'm thinking I might have tightened my CPU block down too much which caused my motherboard to not recognize my RAM. I loosened it up and I show 6 gigs again. The problem is I seem to have messed up the seal with the Indigo Xtreme by doing so. I'm going to have to drain the system , clean the block/cpu, and redo my Indigo Xtreme... Sigh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    All the kinks have been worked out! Here is Ice Cube 2.0

My silver kill coil

This is my trap door to the inside. It's messy right now... I'll clean it up during phase 2.5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    In reply to your Case Gallery query: http://www.frozencpu.com/search.html...&go.x=0&go.y=0
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Guru
    pimp my rack~~

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    In reply to your Case Gallery query: http://www.frozencpu.com/search.html...&go.x=0&go.y=0
    Thanks for the link... I'm scared!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    pimp my rack~~
    LMAO thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Scared of what? Mlwood makes good stuff, no clogs, no problems.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    well, I prefer the way it is. No need for Mlwood dyes as I used it myself and it does stained the tubes and other components and hard to remove from them. Just clear water looks beautifull

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very nice build, i always liked test benches. But, 1) too many 90s in the build imo, 2) you can always run 4200 cpu/1600 mem for better temps
    Intel i7 3770K (4.8Ghz@1.36v) ~ Asus Maximus V Gene ~ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 C9 (@2400 C10) ~ Asus GTX 670 DCUII (1230/7000) ~ Samsung 840 Pro 128Gb ~ WD Black 1Tb ~ Corsair AX 850W ~ X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty ~ Epoz Aktimate Mini ~ Ducky Shine Blue Led /w MX Red ~ Logitech G700 ~ Samsung S27A850D 27" (2440x1600) ~ SilverStone TJ07B-W

WaterCooled by XSPC Raystorm ~ TC PA 120.3 + 3xAP 15 ~ MCP655 with EK-D5 X-Top Rev.2 ~ EK Multi 250