Thread: large images stretching forum width

Xtreme Enthusiast

Red face large images stretching forum width

first image = have
    second shooped image = wtb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hollo; 04-14-2010 at 07:21 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I hate it when I go to www.xtremesystems.org and all I see are huge pictures that widen the website. Quite frankly, it's happened so often in the last 2 weeks or so that I now ignore the front page completely and click to the forums immediately. Note that I'm not complaining that people are posting pictures that are too big, but the forum should shrink them down and let you click to view full size or something.

Xtreme Mentor
    Easy way to fix that is run higher resolution

Xtreme Cruncher
    also posting images side by side like above stretches the forum too.better to post second
    image below first and so on.

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by =[PULSAR]= View Post
    +1 lol i know of what you speak becuase my work computer uses 1024x768.

time to get 1920x1200 sonsonson

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by =[PULSAR]= View Post
    yeah and the txt will be bloody microscopic I run 1600x1200 and still some images are too large.

as mentioned before, have the forum resize and click to see the full image. small imageshack photos are a pain so having the forum do it is the best option imo
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    sorry to hear about the dead cards, but.. If stuff ain't dieing, you aren't trying.

נְפִילִים

I am Xtreme
    I am running 2048x1152 and on occasion I run across an image that is too wide.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    image resizing isn't necessary
    do it like this http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/387667/?

I am Xtreme
    . . .or if you have FF, get Image Zoom. With a simple 3 button trackball I can resize pics to whatever I need to properly view/fit depending on the need.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    . . .or if you have FF, get Image Zoom. With a simple 3 button trackball I can resize pics to whatever I need to properly view/fit depending on the need.
    sweet! Although I am not going to ask how you came across this

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by damha View Post
    sweet! Although I am not going to ask how you came across this
    It comes in very handy Googling and inspecting photos for clues. It's how I see some of the stuff others don't when trying to pinpoint a problem.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Image Zoom is great add on for FireFox! Right click image, select % size up or down Thanks for the tip!

Can't we just end this once and for all by adding in a size limit of say 1024x768? Having to endlessly scroll from left to right for a pic gets piss annoying.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Quote Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    Can't we just end this once and for all by adding in a size limit of say 1024x768? Having to endlessly scroll from left to right for a pic gets piss annoying.
    gross.. no then all the highres pics wouldnt be here... would be bad..

No, bad is having to endlessly scroll left and right. At the very least a automatic resizing needs to be introduced where you simply jst have to click the pic for the fullsize image.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Addict
    Why not resize them based upon the size of the browser window ? :x

Xtreme Member
    good thing i have a 2560x1600 rez monitor xD

No, bad is having to endlessly scroll left and right. At the very least a automatic resizing needs to be introduced where you simply jst have to click the pic for the fullsize image.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    This is a cool add on in its own right (thanks for mentioning it), but if you post, refresh, or just move on to the next page in thread the images reset back to their original size. So, you constantly have to re-size pictures to read a thread without scrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    I am running 2048x1152 and on occasion I run across an image that is too wide.
    You ever trying surfing this forum on a laptop?
    Last edited by nitromullet; 04-28-2010 at 05:41 PM.

yeeaaaaap!

sounds good

Xtreme Enthusiast
    From FAQ:
    "What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board."

I guess they are not automatically rejected.