Thread: Help choosing a netbook !

Help choosing a netbook !

Hey,

I was waiting for the new macbooks to release, as they have today i went to buy one and have seen the horrible prices they want for out dated hardware and so am unprepared to buy one, im selling my white macbook on for £400 whilst it still has value and saving the money for an ipad or something else if i can decide i dont want OSX, so basically im looking for a netbook to use over my last 4 weeks at university which i would use my macbook for, basically this is just word processing.

Need good battery, cheap is essential since i will sell it on after a month or two unless i really like it. Also if its possible to get one that can run OSX then that would be amazing since thats the only reason i buy mac's.

Thanks for any help !

Xtreme X.I.P.
    msi laptops are common hackintosh laptops afaik...
    they have pretty good netbooks...
    i recommend you the previous version, not that latest one... msi wind... i think U135?
    it can be overclocked, the newer one comes with the atom SOC and cant be overclocked and costs more cuse its nw, but perf and bttery life are the same iirc.

one of the best netbooks out there... only beaten by the ones with nvidia ion like hp mini, those also oc but tend to run hot and the battery wont last that long...
    so dont go for an ion netbook if you want it for word... why dont you just wait and sell your macbook in 4 weeks though? why buy a netbook to sell after only 4 weeks?

msi wind is good. what about eee pc?

Fanboy of Good Products
    do yourself a favor and keep your macbook, sell it when you're done with school and call it a day. I have an eeePC that i've put osx on several times and let me tell you there is no guarantee on stability, ease of install or use. It just doesn't seem worth it for only four weeks...
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

i chose a dell mini 10v, its 100% compatable with osx apparently and i found it very cheap so seemed a good deal. Thanks for the help though

Xtreme X.I.P.
    good luck!

Xtreme Cruncher
    got an eee pc, the one with the advertised 10 hour battery life.

i like it, works well and the battery last for a long time.

got to play with the acer netbook, it is a piece compared to the asus. stay away.

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

I will say if you want a good netbook then you should not consider price that much. Because if they are asking for cost they also provide you enough and quality services and features.

good work with the dell mini 10, it's a nice little netbook that one.