Thread: Guide: How to pick the right Phone/Smartphone/Laptop

Xtreme X.I.P.

Guide: How to pick the right Phone/Smartphone/Laptop

A lot of people have a hard time figuring out what to get, who can blame them with all the dozens if not hundreds of models out there and no propper roundups or comparisons on any websites or in any magazines, right?

well i spent a couple of days thinking about what laptop to get and figured i might share a few hints that helped me make up my mind:

----------------------------------------------------------
    pick any laptop you like and then tell somebody else why you like it
    or tell yourself, but its easier with another person sometimes...
    youll figure out what the main points are that you like...
    dont be shy! if you like it cause it looks good or is brand XYZ.. then say so... its after all what makes you like the laptop, just write everything down that comes to your mind, in no orderly fashion... just random...

now that you know what your looking for, prioritize everything... take time to make sure you got it all prioritized properly... all the things you said you like about this particular laptop... list it according to importance... if you had to remove something or change the spec of this laptop you like, which would you get rid off more likely than the others? which feature is the most important one?

if your not sure, dont worry, it doesnt matter if you can decide which is no3 and which is no2 etc... and you dont have to get all points on the list at the exact right spot... if your still clueless, pick another laptop you like and do the same thing, make a second list... dont look at the first one or think about it! if you want make a third and fourth list for even more laptops you like...

then look at the top 1-3 points of your list(s) and compare the models that fit your wishes and youll probably end up with only 2 or 3 models... weigh in the pros and cons of each, imagine yourself carrying each of them, working on them... imagine the same 1 year in the future... and after a day or two youll have a good idea what to get usually...

i always recommend having a real look at a laptop before buying it!
    look at what your getting, touch it, lift it up, move it around, use it... play a video on it, surf on it, play a game for 10mins on it...

my list:
    1.) size, (13")
    2.) battery life (8hours+)
    3.) weight (less than 2000gr)
    4.) design (thin, stylish, classy)
    5.) cpu performance (c2d ~2ghz)
    6.) display quality
    7.) ssd/hdd performance and size
    8.) heat/noise
    9.) built in 3g modem
    10.) price (less than 1200 us$)
    11.) 3d performance

HINT! it helps to pick a form factor first... look at different laptops and try to narrow down the size of a display you can still accept and the size and correlated weight of a laptop body you can still carry around comfortably, and a large enough factor so your not bothered by the keyboard being too small etc...

Nice suggestion huge thanks for share such nice and informatics topic ,i like all feature which mention you before buying any device check for this like battery life , weight , design etc ,but i want add one more things required accessories features is also important .