Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "F.E.A.R. 3" announcement trailer has been released

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
    2 sucked, i hope this one doesn't disappoint.
    +1 ......
    Gaming rig;
    ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
    I7-4390K
    G.SKILL Trident X 16GB 2400
    Intel 530 240GB
    2x Asus GTX780
    Corsair AX1200
    HP ZR30w 30
    Win 8.1 pro
    Sound rig;
    Auzen X-Fi H.T. HD --> Yulong D100 MKII --> D-7100

Xtreme X.I.P.
    why did fear2 suck?
    i liked it...
    it wasnt great, but it was a good game imo... play time was much longer than other current games, story was ok, graphics were really good, the mech levels were awesome...
    i think there should have been more enemies, and they should have been a bit weaker, that way it would have been more fun... but it was cool like this too...

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    why did fear2 suck?
    You obviously didn't play the first, which was absolutely amazing and was developed for pc only. The singleplayer game is one of the best horror genre games ever made, the graphics, the sounds, the atmospherse, the controls were all top class. The multiplayer part of the first (FEAR Combat) was released for free after 6 months, it was great until all the cheats and hackers ruined it

The second was a lame console port with lots of blur to mask the crappy dumbed down graphics and they dropped the q & e lean which worked so well in the first. The second was also made far too easy and they had to increase difficulty in the first patch, made to suit console players
    "[Meeting Aliens] Please don't eat me! I have a wife and kids. Eat them!"
    Homer J. Simpson

Asus P5Q Deluxe, Core 2 Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.8Ghz 1.28v, Tuniq Tower Cooler, 2048MB XFX HD4870x2, 4x 2GB GSkill PC2 8000, 2x 36GB Raptors Raid 0, 2x 1TB Samung F1 Sata, Corsair TX850W Psu, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty, Thermaltake Armour Case, Samsung Syncmaster 245B, Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard, Saitek GM3200 Mouse, 600W Technics 5.1 Surround & a new toy, a TrackIR5

Xtreme Addict
    I hated FEAR2. It was entirely pointless. No sense of achievement for completing it. Storyline was lame. You just get to the end and go 'oh'. I was never ever remotely "scared" [or taken in by atmosphere]. Blood everywhere just doesn't make a horror. It just makes me wonder why anybody with telekenetic ability or similar fancies ripping people apart and smearing them around the place. Surely after the first few you just be bored.

IMO The movie intro was crap. It is entirely used to hide the lack of in-game graphics or measureable progress. The hype engine is being powered up and I'm betting on a disappointing final product.

screw F.E.A.R. 3!
    NOLF 3 needs to happen

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmm i need to play the first part then
    i liked the second, except for the consolish controls, yeah...
    about atmosphere... it was ok, there were some scenes that were really nice n scary, like the scene in the school or when your in the underground labs and the creeps are jumping around and climbing the walls, and uber soldiers get activated all around you

fear2 is based on UT3 btw, im pretty sure about that...
    the same water effects and other stuff was pretty similar too... and it makes sense as they ported it to several platforms, only ut3 is really good at that... and it still looked good on pc imo... not great, but good!

tbh, the ingame stuff ive seen from fear3 in that video look the same as in fear2...
    so its probably fear2 part2, also based on the ut3 engine, and also ported to several platforms...
    Last edited by saaya; 04-13-2010 at 02:19 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    trailer failed to draw my interest

turing into SAW
    ~

Xtreme Addict
    Lol, it's not Unreal Engine 3. Not even by miles. Besides, why would they do that since Monolith has been doing their Lithtech engine for ages and used to be the main competitor against Quake and Unreal engines for years. All FEAR versions are using evolved versions of Lithtech Jupiter EX.
    Last edited by RejZoR; 04-13-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
    But Monolith made the first... They aren't even the developers, they're just collaborators if this info is correct. The demo worked flawlessly for me, through steam no less!
    The video was fine, but a lot of people had issues with the sound not working properly and apparently it was a coding issue in the game with certain sound cards and when Monolith figured out how to fix it, all they said on their messageboards was "oh, sorry if it didn't work on the demo for you, we promise it'll work in the real game if you buy it", lol. I remember a bunch of people on their message boards telling Monolith what they thought about that and getting banned immediately for saying anything in any way negative about the game or Monolith's handling of the development. That right there solidified my stance on not purchasing it. FEAR 3 would have to be a knock-out great game in order for me to even consider purchasing it if Monolith is involved.
    ASRock 990FX Extreme4
    AMD FX 8350
    Kingston 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3 1333
    Gigabyte NVidia GTX 680 2GB
    Silverstone 1000W PSU

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by P0gMoTho1n View Post
    You obviously didn't play the first, which was absolutely amazing and was developed for pc only. The singleplayer game is one of the best horror genre games ever made, the graphics, the sounds, the atmospherse, the controls were all top class. The multiplayer part of the first (FEAR Combat) was released for free after 6 months, it was great until all the cheats and hackers ruined it

The second was a lame console port with lots of blur to mask the crappy dumbed down graphics and they dropped the q & e lean which worked so well in the first. The second was also made far too easy and they had to increase difficulty in the first patch, made to suit console players
    This.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks like it will be more action packed,previous titles (fear 1) was about the fear factor.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I agree, while playing FEAR 1 i always wondered what the ending was like, the story was interesting, while playing FEAR 2 , i wasnt interested in the story at all, game was good tho, story sucked compared to the first one. Monolith has created some of the best PC only games, anyone remember these games below knows what im talking about

SHOGO
    No One Lives Forever 1 and 2
    Blood 1 and 2
    FEAR 1
    Alien vs Predator 2
    Last edited by HelixPC; 04-13-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Condemned It wasn't pc only but still a nice game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12