Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: G18 Destroyer bios

I sure wish we had another update for the Destroyer that would enable and allow for the use of AM3 Ph II X6 CPU's

I dont' get it man. I have a way older ASUS M2N32 SLi Deluxe that I can use my Ph II X4 955 BE on and it works just fine w/the exception of having to use Nvidia Sys Tools to make the CPU run at the right CPU multi and clocks.

Any way all I'm saying is if ASUS can do it w/a board that was the flagship board for the realease of AMD's AM2 line of CPU's then Foxconn can surely put out a Ph II X6 supported Beta bios so they are not liable for any hardware damages should the CPU's draw to much power and over heat the voltage regulation circuits. I doubt that would happen but any way.

Come on Foxconn. Please give us a last breath of life in our aging Destroyers so that we can restore faith in your products and feel good about buying into your higher end Intel line up of boards.

Just food for thought and hoping you'll give it another shot.

I'm out,

N2G

Technician
    Asus have LOTS of bios engineers, Foxconn have 1. Problem is with so many new chipsets and therefore new bioses (and UEFI) that there just isnt the time to fully support the older boards. Its a simple case of where the time is best served - developing new and current boards or adding features/cpu support for old boards and for a minority of the users of those old boards at that. Seriously I think theres about 20 people in the world who would want to put an x6 in a destroyer. It sucks if youre one of the 20, but Im afraid thats the way it is.

I bet Asus and so on have their new boys cut their teeth adding cpu support and features to old boards.

All I hear is excuses. They can do if but atm they choose not to. Now if what you say is true that they only have one bios coder for all of the boards they have then they need to do something about that don't you think. Any way I don't want a debate about why Foxconn can or can not provided a new bios, I'd just like to see some love and appriciation for my choice in Foxconn when I maid my expensive purchase of the Destroyer mobo. I would love to see it live on through hardware upgrades for a couple of more years. Is that to much to ask for.
    Last edited by N2Gaming; 05-11-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I wouldn't count on new bios, honestly. I liked destroyer, I very liked it. I read on the other forum that peps on some website recode bios for nforce 590 sli for Phenom II ( even X6 was running fine, if I remember correctly), maybe somebody could contact these guys and ask for a help.
    Schedule of Live Extreme Overclocking - info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    "My Backup is bigger than Your Backup"

Technician
    If you want them to employ more people they need to charge more for the boards. Cant argue with economics im afraid.

Nobody expected 6 core cpu support on the nf780 at release, so to demand it now against all odds is a bit unreasonable. If there is a lull in workload when some of the end of life boards can get issues addressed I'm sure they will be. Its not like the board isn't working so I'm not quite sure what's making you so angry about it?

Anyway I dont have the board and don't intend on stirring up bad feeling, I was just pointing out that its not like Foxconn have taken the decision to ignore support for the Destroyer. They just dont have anyone sitting round at the moment with nothing to do except work on out of production boards. Same goes for my Bloodrage which has a few minor (but potentially irritating) bios changes on hold for the time being. Nobody wants to make promises they cant keep.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well, 980a is the same thing as the 780a, just, you can run ddr3 on it
    Schedule of Live Extreme Overclocking - info Thread

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    "My Backup is bigger than Your Backup"

The destroyer is a very good board,and i would happily see if i could get a few people to put some money in the pot for one last bios on this board.
    i have had many issues over the time i have had it,but g18 is nearly on point even with the mad cpu-nb option that allows me to boot at 4ghz cpu-nb!
    it seems in some ways a step backwards in terms of memory support though,oddly enough i can overclock the ram to 1200mhz in p16 but cant even get 1066 stable with g18 ?!?
    i only got 1200 mhz ram so i could see the benefits of an overclocked cpu + cpu-nb,now i cant even see those benefits
    i like that i can hold a 4ghz cpu overclock with cool and quiet enabled in g18 too,thats brilliance!
    Mister trident:will you please have one last go if you are presented with just the list of fixes required?
    i will happily contribute for that.
    Albert:which forum did they do a recode for the bios?
    i asked in one if they were prepared to recode my g18 for higher memory support and x6 support,
    and they said they wouldnt be able to do it due to the x6 only supporting ddr3 and wouldnt know how to code for turbo mode.
    Last edited by MightyMission; 06-08-2011 at 02:10 AM.

So no reply from our "OFFICIAL MANUFACTURER'"?
    So sad of Foxconn to let this great hardware fall through the cracks.
    It AMAZES me that people still buy their products after the TOTAL lack of support this great board has gotten.
    AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6Ghz
    Foxxconn Destroyer (Bios P14)
    2X2Gb Ocz Reaper 1066 @ 533Mhz
    36Gb Raptor + 250Gb WD SATA II + 2x WD Black 1TB
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB SLI
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750
    ZALMAN 9900
    ANTEC NINE HUNDRED

Necroposting here.

Anyone still using a Destroyer? Im still using mine after nearly 4 years.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345