Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: G18 Destroyer bios

The Death of Bios support?

I want to say again how great of a mobo the Destroyer (hardware) is and has been.

I am DEEPLY saddened by the death of the support (software, bios, ect.) for this potential best 780a mobo.

In this day and age when hardware performs so close, support is the biggest decision in my purchases, and I have now experienced foxCONn support.......or lack thereof.

foCONn will NOT be on my list of manufacturers for any and all future purchases.
    AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6Ghz
    Foxxconn Destroyer (Bios P14)
    2X2Gb Ocz Reaper 1066 @ 533Mhz
    36Gb Raptor + 250Gb WD SATA II + 2x WD Black 1TB
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB SLI
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750
    ZALMAN 9900
    ANTEC NINE HUNDRED

Xtreme Member
    i.ve put in request for new bios for you
    but at the moment the bios writer is working on a new board so it could be a little while before you get a new bios
    but when am back from holiday i will push again

so please stop complaining we not better or worst then the other board makers

if you think they better ok go with them i dont care
    thanks

Thank you Lord Trident...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trident View Post
    but at the moment the bios writer is working on a new board so it could be a little while before you get a new bios but when am back from holiday i will push again

we not better or worst then the other board makers

thanks
    Cool I think this Destroyer motherboard is one of if not the best AMD Sli Motherboard solution For DDR2 ram.

Xtreme Member
    but at the moment the bios writer is working on a new board so it could be a little while before you get a new bios
    but when am back from holiday i will push again

so please stop complaining we not better or worst then the other board makers

if you think they better ok go with them i dont care
    thanks
    I am sorry but I have to call you out on this one. I have a Destroyer based system and have no complaints so far because I have not gotten into overclocking yet (Phase change unit has not been hooked up).

As part of a corporation, I understand customers can really piss you off but I've read this entire thread over and comments that you make like the one I highlighted in bold really speak badly for professionalism on Foxconn's behalf.

Xtreme Member
    fireDemon666 ok lets get one thing right
    i do this site for fun i don't have to support or give any help
    so i don't need to be profession as i said i don't care if people don't like me or not

other people boards are happy, but from destroyer all i get complains and they all think they have a right, which am sorry you don't

now i have put the request in for new bios and am getting nothing at the moment, i will push once more
    but complaining about me get you no were and making comment, well just does nothing,

Xtreme Member
    fireDemon666 ok lets get one thing right
    i do this site for fun i don't have to support or give any help
    so i don't need to be profession as i said i don't care if people don't like me or not

other people boards are happy, but from destroyer all i get complains and they all think they have a right, which am sorry you don't

now i have put the request in for new bios and am getting nothing at the moment, i will push once more
    but complaining about me get you no were and making comment, well just does nothing,
    Since you seem to sit so high and mighty explain what your position is with foxconn.

I laid down good money for this product so it DOES give me the right to say as I damn well please.

The comment I made toward you was a general suggestion since your biggest complaint was the disrespect you seem to be getting from people on this board. Maybe if you worded your posts a little differently you wouldn't be getting so many ass responses.

Go back to the beginning and read where your first post was a link to a new BIOS file, then after some negative reviews which I can understand if a product does not work as expected, your next response was that we were not getting another BIOS update because people, "pissed you off".

Then you spent the rest of the thread dismissing any and all problematic feedback insinuating that any problems with the new BIOS were user error.

You are 100% correct that bugs should be expected as part of any beta product. But the other half of that argument is feedback should also be expected if there are any bugs. Some people word things kindly while others don't, and that should be expected as well.

I was not attacking you so don't come at me half ed.
    Last edited by FireDemon666; 09-21-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Xtreme Member
    FirDemon666 read all the forums to know who i am
    no i don't sit high and mighty.

funny don't remember say to anyone it user error
    if I've tested and can not see the problem there not much i can do

so you tell me what bugs there is now which are show stopper
    and i said bug not features, plus how to reproduce the bug

but as am so high and mighty do both
    i've now decided that this forum is not fun any more and and not going to help.

Xtreme Member
    FirDemon666 read all the forums to know who i am
    no i don't sit high and mighty.

funny don't remember say to anyone it user error
    if I've tested and can not see the problem there not much i can do

so you tell me what bugs there is now which are show stopper
    and i said bug not features, plus how to reproduce the bug

but as am so high and mighty do both
    i've now decided that this forum is not fun any more and and not going to help.

How in the hell am I going to tell you what bugs I am experiencing when I clearly stated I am running 100% stock right now? My post was regarding your professionalism and your communication skills I figured I would run into this problem with you once I got into this board's features so I might as well get it out of the way early. But seeing as how arrogant and pompous you are go on and flock off to a different forum It's not like we were going to get another update anyway.

Maybe where you come from in Bum**** India it is appropriate to make such comments but the majority of the tech industry handles things differently. It's not my fault you got your panties up in a bunch over a few petty posts.

BTW for the record you should really learn to properly use the english language and maybe people would take you more seriously.

Xtreme Member
    before you make comment about my English i will say again as i said in the past

am dyslexia for the record again

lol for saying am pompous and arrogant
    take one to know one

so thanks and to make you happy am not going to any other forums am just not supporting this one any more

good luck and enjoy playing with your self

Xtreme Member

take one to know one

so thanks and to make you happy am not going to any other forums am just not supporting this one any more

OK that's fair I'll apologize for poking fun at your dyslexia as I must've skimmed over that part, but I will stand by everything else I said.

BTW hilarious comment about playing with yourself. I'm gonna stick that in my sig

So is it official LT we are to no longer get any more support from you or Foxconn?

I just want to know where we stand so I can change what motherboard and company I support and recommend in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Gaming View Post
    So is it official LT we are to no longer get any more support from you or Foxconn?

I just want to know where we stand so I can change what motherboard and company I support and recommend in the future.
    According to Lord Trident, we haven't had any support from Foxconn for a long time. He was giving us minimal support on his own time.

Seems like our options are pretty limited. Unless someone can get a class action lawsuit together (which is fully warranted at this point), we'll all just have to buy our motherboards from some other company from now on.

Ok well no one is going to sue over this. It's not worth it in my eyes. Just move on to better supported companies. Thank you Lord Trident for all your efforts. Sorry to see that you feel this way.

Question What is this???

take one to know one

What is this ??? Is this the forum for 7th grade kids.
    C'mon people - Like Wow

AMD just released another CPU -A Phenom II X4 1070 - Stock speed is 3.5GHz
    And we devoted fans of the destroyer have to put up with this crap??

Xtreme Member
    He left, so you're alone with your Destroyer - no one to receive your 2 cents .
    It's pity, because Intel/X58 users received from him a decent support, it's more than nothing now.
    ASRock 990FX Extreme4|AMD FX-8320 w/water|OCZ3RPR1866C9LV4GK|XFX HD5850|WD6000HLHX|PC P&C Silencer 910W
    Foxconn BloodRAGE X58|Intel Core i7 920|G.Skill F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD|XFX HD5770|WD6000HLHX|PC P&C Silencer 750W

Xtreme Member
    Oh come on.... there are better boards out there now like the MSI NF980-G65 with DDR3. There is nothing sexier than some DDR3 at 2,000+ Mhz for a PII 1090T running at 4.0+GHz.
    Intel System
    CPU: Intel i7 990x ES @ 4.2GHz 24/7 still kicking!
    Mobo: Foxconn BloodRage X58 P11 Bios
    Ram: Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir
    Videocard: EVGA Nvidia FTW+ GTX 1060 6GB
    OS HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 MB M.2
    Strorage HDD: W.D. VelociRaptor 300GB
    Storage HDD: W.D. 500GB
    PSU: Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250 Watt
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos S
    Roms: Lite On DVD Burner
    Roms: Asus Bluray Burner

Quote Originally Posted by CobraXP View Post
    Oh come on.... there are better boards out there now like the MSI NF980-G65 with DDR3. There is nothing sexier than some DDR3 at 2,000+ Mhz for a PII 1090T running at 4.0+GHz.
    Sounds like an awesome setup, but it's going to be pricey for anyone using a Destroyer to jump to that. We'll all need a new CPU and new RAM to go along with that new motherboard, not a cheap upgrade.

A MSI NF980-G65 is $160, and a Phenom II X6 1090T is $265. At that point, we might as well spend a little more and get a MSI X58 Pro-E for $188 and a Core i7 930 for $288.

Quote Originally Posted by Leapo View Post
    Sounds like an awesome setup, but it's going to be pricey for anyone using a Destroyer to jump to that. We'll all need a new CPU and new RAM to go along with that new motherboard, not a cheap upgrade.

A MSI NF980-G65 is $160, and a Phenom II X6 1090T is $265. At that point, we might as well spend a little more and get a MSI X58 Pro-E for $188 and a Core i7 930 for $288.
    That sound about right.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leapo View Post

Yes but I am saying that cause some ppl are complaining about the cpu support and some ppl just prefer AMD altogether. I did a nice setup a few months back for a customer and he is loving life.

Intel System
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir

I could of had a NF980-G65 at the egg for $100.00 + CA tax and s/h less a $20.00 MIR so it would have been right about $100.00 after all was said and done and some one at OCN talked me out of it. Oh well I guess I'll just let by gones be by gones. Besides I got the sale deal on a MSI 790FX-GD70 at Fry's and I'm able to use the SLi hack on it so I don't mind what mobo I use as long as I can use the cpu to it's fullest potential and have Ph II X6 support.

I'd actually like to get a 95w 1050T 6 core and see what it can do in the GD70

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N2Gaming View Post
    I could of had a NF980-G65 at the egg for $100.00 + CA tax and s/h less a $20.00 MIR so it would have been right about $100.00 after all was said and done and some one at OCN talked me out of it. Oh well I guess I'll just let by gones be by gones. Besides I got the sale deal on a MSI 790FX-GD70 at Fry's and I'm able to use the SLi hack on it so I don't mind what mobo I use as long as I can use the cpu to it's fullest potential and have Ph II X6 support.

I'd actually like to get a 95w 1050T 6 core and see what it can do in the GD70
    The GD70 seems to me a way better board than the NF version. I have worked on a bunvh of those and seen nice results on the 1090T going past 4.0GHz on air. One went 4.2GHz with a Cooler Master 212+ 24/7 stable.
    Intel System

Doh, damn FOXCONN, done great board with 3-Way SLI, but no support on it! LOL. The only thing they want - we need buy another ******* expensive board. 3-Way SLI without 6-core processor. AMD platform sucks really, but Intel with it's 100 and 1 socket...

Hello DESTROYER users
    I'm happy to usher that i've finally powned this damn Destroyer's "FSB (HTT) wall"

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1461332

It's not working on 260-... (780a SLI's "pocket"), but on 320 f.e. this chipset is absolutely stable on 1,1V (stock).
    This result is done on Brisbane with 5x multiplier but there is no matter, if cpu can load with this fsb all will be stable. Just one thing - be careful with memory, don't use auto or SPD, because mobo is setting 1T for default for low DDR multipliers.

As you know higher fsb(htt) give us better performance, so i hope i helped you to reach more with your PC. So OC of processors with locked multipliers on this board now is possible. Have fun

P.S. Good luck, Lord Trident

You managed to get it up to 260MHz before hitting the FSB dead spot? Most Destroyers only make it to a little over 230MHz before hitting a wall.

I'll have to mess with mine and see how well 320MHz works.

Leapo
    It worked fine, but with Athlon x2 (Brisbane), with Phenom II this is possible too i think, but need many manipulation's with bios. With Phenom I i think it's impossible because processor's NB voltage never figured in destroyer's bioses...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast