Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: G18 Destroyer bios

Xtreme Member
    think there some instruction on the forum to flash your usb key

as i know there some usb key format we dont know and do not work with
    but the flash that on the forum or was int he past i know all foxconn board know and read

sorry can not help much more

Usb key thing

You may want to try these if you haven't already. I used these tools to create my bootable key:

http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm

Try the quick format as this thing is really slow. the key will appear empty as it only copies over the few hidden files that it needs to boot Win '98.
    I use Sandisk Usb drives, and the come with that U3 thing on them when they are new, so they show up as both a hard disk and a CD rom which just drives me nuts. I get rid of the U3 as I have no need but do not remember how I did it ... i.e ... I don't remember if this thing takes it off or not.

Sarker's Comment on Amd-V

Hey -- that's really interesting that re-installing your OS fixed the Amd-V thing for you. I'm not gonna try that (Just what the hell exactly does it do anyway ???) but it got me thinking ... Maybe a reg hack can fix ? I looked around but didn't come up with anything.
    I know for certain that I've never had Amd-V enabled whenever I installed my OS (Win 7 64). So maybe its an OS issue and not the bios. I don't know.
    I'm just wondering if maybe its a situation similar to when you install the OS on a drive that's in IDE mode and then switch over to AHCI --- you can't boot. You have to install with AHCI in the 1st place ... But -- I found a registry fix for that issue and it works. So maybe something similar going on with Amd-V ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2CentsIn View Post
    I know for certain that I've never had Amd-V enabled whenever I installed my OS (Win 7 64). So maybe its an OS issue and not the bios. I don't know.
    AMD-V doesn't work that way. You should be able to enable it at any time and ave it function correctly. Reinstalling your OS wont have any effect on it.

Tried this with an Phenom II X6 1055T—no go. Any idea if/when an X6-capable BIOS might be available?

Foxconn Destroying Customers

This board does not appear to have any future. Just really sucks. I constantly look all over the web including Foxconn's horrific site and there is nothing new at all. I am hoping I am wrong.
    Beside my machine, & the one that I told my brother to build based on this board, I built a machine based on this board for my younger son who uses it primarily as a workstation. He spends most of the time rendering stuff with Adobe software -- stuff that I really have no clue about. I'm just an old time gamer and really had no idea how different his needs were from mine when I built a box for him. But it would really be a great upgrade for him if he could simply change the Cpu from his current 940 (Best I could do a year ago) to a new 6 core processor. The kid needs Cores !!
    Looks like its not gonna be possible -- So now I gotta look at totally jumping over to Intel. Why would anyone spend 300 bucks on an Amd 1090 as opposed to an Intel 930 unless you have a board that you can drop it in. So 300 for a new Cpu + at least 200 for decent ddr3 ram + a new board = Amd is toast.
    By the way - I'm really disappointed with the new 6 Core Amds as far as the early reviews go. They basically stuck 2 more cores on the same die -- no increase in the cache or anything else. But those two extra cores would speed up stuff in my son's world -- But He Can't Drop a 6 Core In !!!
    Sooooo ---- Foxconn is totally Shot -- I've never been burned like this in such a short amount of time with any motherboard ( 1 Year ).
    Asus had issues a while ago but I think I'm going back to them for my next builds as it appears that they actually listened to their customers.
    Once again -- I'm am so hoping that I'm wrong.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by 2CentsIn View Post
    This board does not appear to have any future. Just really sucks. I constantly look all over the web including Foxconn's horrific site and there is nothing new at all. I am hoping I am wrong.
    Beside my machine, & the one that I told my brother to build based on this board, I built a machine based on this board for my younger son who uses it primarily as a workstation. He spends most of the time rendering stuff with Adobe software -- stuff that I really have no clue about. I'm just an old time gamer and really had no idea how different his needs were from mine when I built a box for him. But it would really be a great upgrade for him if he could simply change the Cpu from his current 940 (Best I could do a year ago) to a new 6 core processor. The kid needs Cores !!
    Looks like its not gonna be possible -- So now I gotta look at totally jumping over to Intel. Why would anyone spend 300 bucks on an Amd 1090 as opposed to an Intel 930 unless you have a board that you can drop it in. So 300 for a new Cpu + at least 200 for decent ddr3 ram + a new board = Amd is toast.
    By the way - I'm really disappointed with the new 6 Core Amds as far as the early reviews go. They basically stuck 2 more cores on the same die -- no increase in the cache or anything else. But those two extra cores would speed up stuff in my son's world -- But He Can't Drop a 6 Core In !!!
    Sooooo ---- Foxconn is totally Shot -- I've never been burned like this in such a short amount of time with any motherboard ( 1 Year ).
    Asus had issues a while ago but I think I'm going back to them for my next builds as it appears that they actually listened to their customers.
    Once again -- I'm am so hoping that I'm wrong.

My M3A78-T deluxe here doesn't have bios support for the new six core either.
    and that's an 790FX board. The new TURBO core could poss problems.
    a few people have asked asus support and they say it's not getting it.
    so it's not the only case here, it seem they're focusing on AM3 boards first.
    the asus 4 x4 user got the worst burn ever.
    board can't even run Shanghai's never got updated for it.

if you want to match a 6 core you try adding 800mhz for every core AMD adds it roughly the same performance. so a example a 2.6ghz quad core vs 4.2ghz dual is about he same in performance.
    the K10 architecture isn't cache hungry like core 2 duo/quads are, instead we use the NB speed to unleash it . the chip does have added L2 cache for each new core.
    the cores can scale better then the Hyper threading can in really good multi-threaded applications

the only problem I have is the chip in the board I have now is a 9850 B3 and it hates vista 64 bit and can't OC at all with out ACC.
    flakes out at 2.7ghz on this board. my asus ACC board can only get to 2.8ghz stable.

but yes 6 cores bios would be nice.

My M3A78-T deluxe here doesn't have bios support for the new six core either.
    and that's an 790FX board. The new TURBO core could poss problems.
    a few people have asked asus support and they say it's not getting it.
    so it's not the only case here, it seem they're focusing on AM3 boards first.
    the asus 4 x4 user got the worst burn ever.
    board can't even run Shanghai's never got updated for it.

if you want to match a 6 core you try adding 800mhz for every core AMD adds it roughly the same performance. so a example a 2.6ghz quad core vs 4.2ghz dual is about he same in performance.
    the K10 architecture isn't cache hungry like core 2 duo/quads are, instead we use the NB speed to unleash it . the chip does have added L2 cache for each new core.
    the cores can scale better then the Hyper threading can in really good multi-threaded applications

the only problem I have is the chip in the board I have now is a 9850 B3 and it hates vista 64 bit and can't OC at all with out ACC.
    flakes out at 2.7ghz on this board. my asus ACC board can only get to 2.8ghz stable.
    everything works on the chip right though.
    I might just throw my Phenom II 940 in it but I have to get it out from under my mugen 2 lol which will take a while lol
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Member
    I have a customer with a Destroyer that is interested in a x6 1090T. Any chance of a bios update soon? Thx.
    Intel System
    CPU: Intel i7 990x ES @ 4.2GHz 24/7 still kicking!
    Mobo: Foxconn BloodRage X58 P11 Bios
    Ram: Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir
    Videocard: EVGA Nvidia FTW+ GTX 1060 6GB
    OS HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 MB M.2
    Strorage HDD: W.D. VelociRaptor 300GB
    Storage HDD: W.D. 500GB
    PSU: Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250 Watt
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos S
    Roms: Lite On DVD Burner
    Roms: Asus Bluray Burner

Xtreme Member
    *bump*...... i do not care about turbo just for the record....
    Intel System
    CPU: Intel i7 990x ES @ 4.2GHz 24/7 still kicking!
    Mobo: Foxconn BloodRage X58 P11 Bios
    Ram: Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir
    Videocard: EVGA Nvidia FTW+ GTX 1060 6GB
    OS HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 MB M.2
    Strorage HDD: W.D. VelociRaptor 300GB
    Storage HDD: W.D. 500GB
    PSU: Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250 Watt
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos S
    Roms: Lite On DVD Burner
    Roms: Asus Bluray Burner

Same here. not interested in Turbo Mode, just want the x6's bootable (with correct core multiplier and voltage)

Edit #1: At least fix the Cool & Quiet problem G18 brought back. If you disable Cool & Quiet, the computer boots up with the processors stuck at 800MHz instead of its normal clockspeed.

Edit #2: S3 Sleep Mode also doesn't work correctly with G18. The CPU reverts back to default clockspeed when you resume from Sleep.

Edit #3: The Destroyer fails to finish POST if a USB Flash Drive is plugged in (This wasn't an issue with P16, G14 or G16).
    Last edited by Leapo; 05-14-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Leapo View Post
    Same here. not interested in Turbo Mode, just want the x6's bootable (with correct core multiplier and voltage)

Edit #1: At least fix the Cool & Quiet problem G18 brought back. If you disable Cool & Quiet, the computer boots up with the processors stuck at 800MHz instead of its normal clockspeed.

Edit #2: S3 Sleep Mode also doesn't work correctly with G18. The CPU reverts back to default clockspeed when you resume from Sleep.
    that's annoying but it looks it's not working at all in the P states. putting a load on it doesn't put it up to stock speeds. like it's locked at 800mhz.
    I can't get sleep mode to wake unless I hit he power button :/

usually I can just hit a key or click the mouse to wake. but that was a no go.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Bump

X6 1055/1090T support would be nice

ofc X6 support would be nice.
    in the same time anyone could work on the other open issues
    but i think lord trident and his crew is giving up
    Last edited by AWOS74; 05-23-2010 at 12:14 PM.

They give an inch and we ask for a mile... LOL

On a more seriouse note: Is there any hope for S3, CnQ & and X6 1055T & 1090T support?

Thank you,

N2G

To all.

I have noticed the FSB not being able to go higher than 253 or so w/the P14 & P16 Bios. I think this is mostly because we do not have the option to lower the NB multi which would allow for the NB frequency to stay under the stability zone.

2cents mentioned not being able to adjust the HT multi to any thing over 10x. I'm not sure on this one but seems to me you need to keep your HT clock at or lower than your NB frequency. So lets say your trying to overclock your HT Link but keep your NB frequency at stock spd's. It will never happen that way. You'll need to overclock your NB so that it comes up in spd w/the HT Frequency.

I'd like to be able to push the HTT/FSB above and beyond 253 but that would be a wish list and Lord Trident has already frowned on any wish lists.

I noticed on the P16 bios that the CPU voltage when set in the bios at 1.0 actually over volts the cpu from 1.0 to about 1.375 or so. I am using the latest x4 955 BE C3 Rev:

I like how the G18 allows me to use CnQ to down clock my cpu and keep the power consumption at minimal while keeping my CPU cooler in temperature.

@ Lord Trident,

You have done a good job in providing us w/beta bios support and trying to give the Destroyer users every thing on our wish lists. For this I commend you.

If I knew how to code a bios I would try but I hear it's near impossible for just one person to code a bios.

In any case Lord I hope I speak for every one when I say I hope you care for the Destroyer users. I know I care for you and all at Foxconn/Quantum Force and hope that all is good for you all over there. I understand fixing bios's is not easy task and if we don't supply adequate information then it only wastes your time.

I will try to play around w/the G18 bios some more to see if there is any thing else that is not functioning properly for my new x4 955 C3
    Last edited by N2Gaming; 06-17-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    My north bridge multiplier works on G18 ? with my phenom II 940.
    I've been able to use 2.8ghz on it.
    I don't have cpu Nb voltages I think though :/
    the FSB/HTT limit might be because of IGP on the board.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Here's another Foxconn Destroyer user. I'm from Ukraine and also planning upgrade to Phenom II X6. Please, update the bios! A really great board, so need on it! I'll return to this tread 1-2 days later.

Xtreme Mentor
    lot's of Asus EOL boards have working X6 bios.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by _Dert_ View Post
    Here's another Foxconn Destroyer user. I'm from Ukraine and also planning upgrade to Phenom II X6. Please, update the bios! A really great board, so need on it! I'll return to this tread 1-2 days later.
    u can wait a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    lot's of Asus EOL boards have working X6 bios.
    but this is foxconn... im disappointed.
    i wont buy another foxconn-mobo, thats for sure.
    maybe lord trident and his crew was trying to help out, but im back on P16 cause no G-bios was without a bug. its a shame for "professionals"...
    another reason is that multiple ppl died in china in their factories and we bought mobos for "cute" prices, im really confused

but i think foxconn dont need the destroyer-user cause they made a nice contract with apple

bb foxconn,

Andy
    Last edited by AWOS74; 07-13-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AWOS74 View Post
    but this is foxconn... im disappointed.
    i wont buy another foxconn-mobo, thats for sure.
    maybe lord trident and his crew was trying to help out, but im back on P16 cause no G-bios was without an error. its a shame for "professionals"...

btw multiple ppl died in china in ur factories and i wont support such company again. but i think u dont need the destroyer-user cause u made a nice contract with apple

bb foxconn
    This ^ is your own opinion and it's not helping us out any.

Do you happen to know the nations suiside percentages where those foxconn factories are located?
    Last edited by N2Gaming; 07-13-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Gaming View Post
    This ^ is your own opinion and it's not helping us out any.

Do you happen to know the nations suiside percentages where those foxconn factories are located?
    ofc its my opinion, but if they are a little bit pride they will follow the comms interests and this is to present a working bios with all options.
    but it wont happen. be sure. no comment since months in here lol
    if i (in my business) would present stuff like this and i dont chat to our customers im out of work...

btw i dont know about the suicide percentages in the area. but im sure if they would earn enough money for a normal working time they wont kill themself
    Last edited by AWOS74; 07-13-2010 at 11:42 AM.

AWOS74
    I think now this board has all except NB Voltage and X6 support (NB multi works just perfect on G12 and G13) comparing to the ASUS Crosshair II Foprmula . But it's cost is about twice less than the ASUS one.
    Last edited by _Dert_; 07-15-2010 at 02:27 AM.

Any word on X6 support? LordTrident?

Don't touch Lord Trident, please! He done a lot of great BIOS'es already!

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm afraid they might have start an AGESA code from scratch. The performance currently in my asus just isn't there right now. scores are low even in 3dmark06 it shows.
    though the support would be a nice thing for the SLI amd rigs out there.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast