Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 7d still not working, need help please

I am Xtreme
    rip, i think given that you are under exposing your shots, and it looks like under exposed quite a bit i think the noise is worse.
    i dont do high iso very often, even 800 so i can not share my experience with moving objects under exposed or over exposed so i am not sure if that 800 shot looks ok given the circumstances.
    for me, it does look pretty bad, but again, it is a dark picture and no matter what iso you use, noise is worse in lower light.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    i actually got it to look nicer using the LR3 noise reduction and upping the exposure a little.
    the noise reduction tool will work but it kinda of sucks that i do have to use it.
    i wanted to go out and test this again today but with 50mph+ wind gusts.. hopefully tomorrow will be nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    rip, i think given that you are under exposing your shots, and it looks like under exposed quite a bit i think the noise is worse.
    i dont do high iso very often, even 800 so i can not share my experience with moving objects under exposed or over exposed so i am not sure if that 800 shot looks ok given the circumstances.
    for me, it does look pretty bad, but again, it is a dark picture and no matter what iso you use, noise is worse in lower light.
    Yes I do agree, I was in TV mode most of the day, letting camera adjust aperture, but I am pretty sure the f/4 was the limiting case which is why i then had to up ISO. Choosing a slower shutter would start creating motion blur..
    I will have to keep playing with this, i'm going to pick up a cheap 50mm f/1.8 soon to play with.
    Last edited by ripken204; 05-08-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Addict
    http://www.vimeo.com/10473734

very interesting, time to waste my day researching this haha

i all keep hearing what you guys have said:
    high ISO + underexposed = bad pics
    high ISO + overexposed = much better

i would have had to reduce my shutter speed a great amount last night though, that is the only issue..
    Last edited by ripken204; 05-08-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

I am Xtreme
    yeah there is the iso settings of divisions of 16.
    too bad the T2i doesnt have the those, it just has 100 200 400 800 1600 3200 6400 and 12800
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234