Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ASUS IIIXIII Extreme OC Summit!

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post

...and an OC Summit was not the place for this speech. we are still friends though...right?

Charles was clearly impressed...
    LOL - that was clearly Charles "oh god Francois is talking about DIVX and DVD players again" look

Xtreme Legend
    on sunday while we were cleaning up, i realized we didn't even take 3 of our 9 sticks out of their package...how shameful of me
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

¿
    Sounds like a killer meet with a challenging format, well done XS

lawl @ Charles 'impressed' pic, he was saving his energy for the real fun.

The Canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I wish I could have been able to see the comments from the live feed and or have someone responding for each team.
    That would definitely improved the enjoyment factor for the watchers. That and having higher quality streams with better camera placement.

Either way, I'll be there next time

Admin
    Nice job everyone, looks like every team got some good results in. Wish I could've made it...

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    Chew*
    my God what a mug
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtremely Bad Overclocker
    no look fail
    | '12 IvyBridge - "ticks different"... | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round I by SoF | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round II by angoholic & stummerwinter
    | '11 The SandyBridge madness... | AwardFabrik / Team LDK OC-Season 2011/2012 Opening Event
    | '10 Gulftown LaunchDay OC round up @ASUS RIIE | 3DM05 2x GPU WR LIVE @Cebit 2010 @ASUS MIIIE | SandyBridge arrived @ASUS P8P67

| '09 Foxconn Avenger | E8600 | Foxconn A79A-S | Phenom II 940 BE | LaunchDay Phenom II OC round up
    | '08 7.438s 1m LN2 | AMD 1m WR LN2 | 2nd AOCM | Phenom II teasing
    | '07 100% E2140 | 106.5% E2160 | 100% E4500 | 103% E4400 | 5508 MHZ E6850 | 7250 MHZ P4 641 126.5% by SoF and AwardFabrik Crew all on Gigabyte DS3P c? and LN2...
    | '06 3800+ X2 Manchester 0531TPEW noHS 3201MHZ c? | 3200+ Venice noHS 3279MHZ c? | Opteron 148 0536CABYE 3405MHZ c? all on Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI compressorcooled

| '05 3500+[NC], 3000+[W], 2x 3200+[W], 3500+[NC], 3200+[V] 0516GPDW

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    sof pulled a fermi on all of us !!!

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by SoF View Post
    no look fail
    never......i have behind the back no look pours down to a science. No look pour is for nubs.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

-_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    Nice job everyone, looks like every team got some good results in. Wish I could've made it...
    yeah would of been great if you could of made it

Was a sweet event for sure and the format rocked. Working with Jody and Chris was cool as . We worked dam well together and had a great time. BIG PROPS to ASUS, Eric & Brian(be on the look out for Brian's OCing reality show coming soon )

Also had a blast hanging with Jake over the weekend. He was the man

Team XS FTW & OCA making their mark

So much crazy stuff happened it was just ridiculous.

Was looking over some of the pics tonight and came across these two fools....

perfectly good ln2 just being wasted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    I'll add my name to this elpida graveyard as soon I even think about running 32M. (yes, the thought is enough)

Xtreme Addict
    fun

Intel Q9650 @500x9MHz/1,3V
    Asus Maximus II Formula @Performance Level=7
    OCZ OCZ2B1200LV4GK 4x2GB @1200MHz/5-5-5-15/1,8V
    OCZ SSD Vertex 3 120Gb
    Seagate RAID0 2x ST1000DM003
    XFX HD7970 3GB @1111MHz
    Thermaltake Xaser VI BWS
    Seasonic Platinum SS-1000XP
    M-Audio Audiophile 192
    LG W2486L
    Liquid Cooling System :
    ThermoChill PA120.3 + Coolgate 4x120
    Swiftech Apogee XT, Swiftech MCW-NBMAX Northbridge
    Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 79X0 Ni-Bl + HeatKiller GPU Backplate 79X0
    Laing 12V DDC-1Plus with XSPC Laing DDC Reservoir Top
    3x Scythe S-FLEX "F", 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon "15", Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5,25''

Apple MacBook Pro 17` Early 2011:
    CPU: Sandy Bridge Intel Core i7 2720QM
    RAM: Crucial 2x4GB DDR3 1333
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD
    HDD: ADATA Nobility NH13 1GB White

Xtreme Enthusiast
    oh Francois, there is a time and a place...
    ...and an OC Summit was not the place for this speech. we are still friends though...right?
    well, actually, This is the place ... I still refuse to think that overclocking only about putting LN2 on a CPU and wait to see what happen. If you think that is it, it is pretty sad ...
    The point I was trying to make is very simple ... With Moores Law, you guys are only 2 years ahead of the next extreme Edition, even when you are running at 6.5Ghz, and we use all the time Overclocking to speculate the performance of the next 2 years PC ...

When I started overclocking my 386DX 33Mhz to 40Mhz in 1986, and later putted a 486Overdrive at 40Mhz, I was trying to see what will be next year performance ...

On the top left of my cubicle wall

So, the idea was to build the link between overclocking and what is its real usefullness.
    The Data on power was explaining you why we do the choice we make on the process technology to avoid using few more TeraWatts world wide with the 350 millions PC sold last year ...

I guess, may be I over estimated your interest to understand the big picture.
    DrWho, The last of the time lords, setting up the Clock.

uncore challenged...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwho? View Post
    I guess, may be I over estimated your interest to understand the big picture.
    yes yes, try to belittle me and make me look like i can't wrap my head around your "bigger picture", we all bow to your superior intellect...

or

...you could take a freaking joke. lighten up Francois, just lighten up

the fact that you want to save the world with a computer is a laughable joke in and of itself...let alone trying to make that link to a room of 9 people flown in strictly because their primary interest is to overclock under LN2 and trying to break "records". i mean, get off your high horse already.
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yes yes, try to belittle me and make me look like i can't wrap my head around your "bigger picture", we all bow to your superior intellect...

or

...you could take a freaking joke. lighten up Francois, just lighten up

the fact that you want to save the world with a computer is a laughable joke in and of itself...let alone trying to make that link to a room of 9 people flown in strictly because their primary interest is to overclock under LN2 and trying to break "records". i mean, get off your high horse already.
    This is not what I meant ... Sorry if you felt offended.
    I had 9 overclockers and 5 press guy in the room ... I ll show you at computex what I was suppose to show you ...
    At Computex, you ll be happy ...
    DrWho, The last of the time lords, setting up the Clock.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y. View Post
    yeah would of been great if you could of made it

Was a sweet event for sure and the format rocked. Working with Jody and Chris was cool as . We worked dam well together and had a great time. BIG PROPS to ASUS, Eric & Brian(be on the look out for Brian's OCing reality show coming soon )

Also had a blast hanging with Jake over the weekend. He was the man

Team XS FTW & OCA making their mark

So much crazy stuff happened it was just ridiculous.

Was looking over some of the pics tonight and came across these two fools....

*Snip pictures*

perfectly good ln2 just being wasted
    Why do I find nothing out of the ordinary in those pictures?

I am Xtreme
    congrats. Travis from one of the other teams told me things got . . .interesting.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    congrats. Travis from one of the other teams told me things got . . .interesting.
    3 sides to every story

Here's one of the stories. WR cpu-z was claimed @ 6.6 on 4/12 at event. But this post was made 4/07.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=249120
    Last edited by chew*; 04-22-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    heatware chew*

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    3 sides to every story

Here's one of the stories. WR cpu-z was claimed @ 6.6 on 4/12 at event. But this post was made 4/07.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=249120
    Isn't there a place where records are recorded? I am not into the hardcore over-clocking so please excuse my n00bness if this is a stupid question. We are all enthusiasts so we should support each-other even in competition. At least that is how we do it in the modding world. Everyone that I know who was at the OC Summit has more class than for infighting . . . that crap belongs over at RRR.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Brilliant Idiot
    Isn't there a place where records are recorded? I am not into the hardcore over-clocking so please excuse my n00bness if this is a stupid question. We are all enthusiasts so we should support each-other even in competition. At least that is how we do it in the modding world. Everyone that I know who was at the OC Summit has more class than for infighting . . . that crap belongs over at RRR.
    A posted record is a record, XS is the main hub for all posted records....I read that post before event just as everyone else probably did. Nick probably had more important things to do than immediately post it to hwbot.
    Last edited by chew*; 04-22-2010 at 06:29 PM.
    heatware chew*

I am Xtreme
    A posted record is a record, XS is the main hub for all posted records....I read that post before event just as everyone else probably did. Nick probably had more important things to do than immediately post it to hwbot.

A post on a forum is what proves a world record not HWBOT? Or Orb?

Brilliant Idiot
    A post on a forum is what proves a world record not HWBOT? Or Orb?
    If i make a post tommorow of 7.2 gig cpuid valid on amd which would be a world record.....would it be any less a WR if not posted on hwbot right away?

CPu-z records are found at www.cpuid.com. that is the main database......

Regardless you weren't there and already your trying to justify things for one specific entity thus showing your bias.

I will give you a sum up.

ASUS set goals day 1......2 of those goals XS acchieved. These goals = points that carried over to day 2 and it was made clear that they would carry over at end of night day 1.

Day 2 1 goal was acchieved by another team.........2 points is greater than 1.

There was a discrepancy if we actually had the ORB validations.......Not our fault.....our score moderator took home the USB drive with them on it. The validations were found/submitted after some phonecalls.

End of story.

You win some you lose some. Best just to accept it and not complain, start stories , rumours etc etc.
    Last edited by chew*; 04-22-2010 at 07:43 PM.
    heatware chew*

Turkey Man
    So much tension in this thread

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    So much tension in this thread
    Nah the tension is caused by the whining and public comment's ing on other forums.

I can just imagine whats said in the private locked sections if the public areas as so blatent.
    Last edited by chew*; 04-22-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    heatware chew*

I am Xtreme
    Funny thing is the feedback I got has nothing to do with benchmarks or records. You brought up issues I am just trying to understand what you are talking about. Again, I come from the kidding world (professional at that) so the the idea of conflict over a shared passion (over-clocking in this case) is foreign to me.

I am Xtreme
    Nah the tension is caused by the whining and public comment's ing on other forums.

I can just imagine whats said in the private locked sections if the public areas as so blatent.
    Pm me links please.

Maybe the parties involved should work it out so harmony can prevail in the OC world? Just sayin . . .
    Last edited by DarthBeavis; 04-22-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Brilliant Idiot
    Pm me links please.

Maybe the parties involved should work it out so harmony can prevail in the OC world? Just sayin . . .
    There's nothing to work out. Asus designated places game over. Accept the fact that you won or lost and move on.
    Last edited by chew*; 04-22-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    heatware chew*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast