Thread: Ultimate Noob Question about windows

Ultimate Noob Question about windows

Hi Guys,

I have had a search around but unfortunately cannot find an answer.. I am after a new case and am planning to watercool.. I have been looking at a TJ07 however have a question regarding the side window, can this easily be changed to the right side of the case rather than the left?

This might sound stupid, but the way my desk is setup the window would be facing the wall

If this is not possible could anyone recommend a nice case with the window on the right? Ive been looking at a Raven RV02 if that is the case, though not sure how good that would be with WC..

Please be kind

Cheers
    J

Xtreme Guru
    Raven RV02 and it's more stylish brother Fortress FT02 are nice inverted ATX with original design turned 90deg, optimised for nice air cooling, yet have several limitations for using with LC, main being little space above 3x180 fans (rather one can say - no space, if long videocards like 5970 are used). Adding rads to those cases limits too much size and choices of usable rads, or require more custom moding then lot of classic cases. Imho not worth it.
    Back to TJ07, you'll also need to invert motherboard tray alongside having door with window on other side. Otherwise i doubt you'll want to look at other side of motherboard tray through window . Inverted ATX TJ07 setups have another good side to them - they better show LC-ed GPUs.

Thanks for the reply.. is it possible to simply invert the MB tray and switch the sides around, Ie are they interchangeable? I wouldnt think so but you never know.
    If no go, are there any other cases you know of that are inverted?

Xtreme Guru
    There are several inverted atx TJ07 mods here in forum. Search for 'em. I have different case and wasn't interested too much in details how they did that. Someone else can throw in here some direct thread url to some worklog, i am too lazy.

Xtreme Member
    I don't have a TJ07 either, but I have read about people complaining that once they invert the window is on the wrong side... so fairly sure you can't just swap the sides they are on. From looking at pictures it seems the side panel has rounded corners at the front, and they have an inside and outside. So yeah, doesn't look like that would work.

Cutting a new window is easier enough tho.

Lian Li V2000?
    But far as i know this case has been discontinued.

Better you buy a non-side window TJ07, and cutting a new one.
    About MB-tray, you can change the sides to be inverted ATX.
    All positions for bolt hole already exists.

Sorry if my english bad.
    Hardware spec : EVGA X58 Classified 760 - Intel Xeon W3520 - Corsair Dominator 6GB PC16000 - EVGA GTX480 - MSI GT240 (PhysX) - Seasonic X750 - Auzentech Home Theater HD - GSkill Falcon 64GB (RAID) - WDC 1TB - Seagate 1.5TB - WDC 2TB - Silverstone TJ07

Liquid cooling : Ybris Black Sun - Alphacool Cyclone - Laing DDC 3.25 - EK TOP - Black Ice SR1 - Bitspower 1/2ID 3/4OD - Tygon

Xtreme Member
    You cannot move the panels to opposite sides. they are sided because of the openings on the bottom of the chassis for cooling.
    PDXLan attendee 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10.5,11,12,12.5,13,14,14.5,15 ,(16),(16.5) - Ad Infinitum

Heatware is nlancaster - http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=50777

Thanks guys.. It might be easier to just re arrange my room! LOL