Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipad goes on sale in NY

Quote Originally Posted by GTSRboy View Post
    ...it kindof reminds me of Glen Beck talking about how bad he thinks Obama is...
    Or Keith Olbermann talking trash about Bush & Cheney? It's how the media works, get used to it. These people aren't on TV & Radio out of the goodness of their hearts to bring you info, it is a big business and you need to look at it from that angle.

Anyway, LOL at the picture above
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Mentor
    I would take a Joo Joo instead but i do need Windows/Linux option instead of their half ass alternative
    Coming Soon

Love the photos iTravis posted.

I'm a long time Mac User ... love my MacBook Pro, iPhone, and so on. BUT - gotta agree the iPad doesn't do it for me. I mean - no Flash? Can't play Farmville and Mafia Wars? Just won't do.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by iTravis View Post
    I want the iMat. Would love to play twister on something like that or whack a mole . It would need to support at least 10 fingers/hands/feet touch inputs simultaneously though.

As for the iPad, I could see my parents use it, but only if it had Flash and if you could actually play some music on it while surfing the web. It would need Flash, otherwise my parents would just blame the device for having a half broken internet experience. The fact that it can't play music is simply because it does not support an internet radio while doing something else at the same time. I know you can play music through iTunes with it, but that's something my parents don't use. They have an 'old fashioned' stereo for their CD and FM tuner needs and my dad occasionally listens to an internet radio station while using a laptop. They just don't have any mp3 files.

For my own use it would have to support pen based input, multitouch, multitasking, flash and so much more. I guess I'm better off with something like a ThinkPad X200t, but that's so freaking expensive. Microsoft Courier would also be cool to have, especially for note taking, agenda use and math.
    "When in doubt, C-4!" -- Jamie Hyneman

Silverstone TJ-09 Case | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Intel Core i5 750 CPU | ASUS P7P55D PRO Mobo | OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon 5850 GPU | Intel X-25M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD | Windows 7 x64 | NEC EA23WMi 23" Monitor |Auzentech X-Fi Forte Soundcard | Creative T3 2.1 Speakers | AudioTechnica AD900 Headphone |

Xtremely Bad Overclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by natty View Post
    http://img.moronail.net/img/5/7/1257.jpg
    That image has more innovation in it than Apple ever showed since a loooooong time

@iTravis Any plans of iFermi????????? The new, innovative, superhot portable cooking solution of apple
    | '12 IvyBridge - "ticks different"... | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round I by SoF | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round II by angoholic & stummerwinter
    | '11 The SandyBridge madness... | AwardFabrik / Team LDK OC-Season 2011/2012 Opening Event
    | '10 Gulftown LaunchDay OC round up @ASUS RIIE | 3DM05 2x GPU WR LIVE @Cebit 2010 @ASUS MIIIE | SandyBridge arrived @ASUS P8P67

| '09 Foxconn Avenger | E8600 | Foxconn A79A-S | Phenom II 940 BE | LaunchDay Phenom II OC round up
    | '08 7.438s 1m LN2 | AMD 1m WR LN2 | 2nd AOCM | Phenom II teasing
    | '07 100% E2140 | 106.5% E2160 | 100% E4500 | 103% E4400 | 5508 MHZ E6850 | 7250 MHZ P4 641 126.5% by SoF and AwardFabrik Crew all on Gigabyte DS3P c? and LN2...
    | '06 3800+ X2 Manchester 0531TPEW noHS 3201MHZ c? | 3200+ Venice noHS 3279MHZ c? | Opteron 148 0536CABYE 3405MHZ c? all on Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI compressorcooled

| '05 3500+[NC], 3000+[W], 2x 3200+[W], 3500+[NC], 3200+[V] 0516GPDW

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    sof pulled a fermi on all of us !!!

Xtreme Addict
    Anyone who lines up for any sort of device should have there heads examined.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    I mean - no Flash? Can't play Farmville and Mafia Wars? Just won't do.
    interesting point, when i think of its gaming capabilities, i usually only think of apps, not webpage games. i could see alot of people who would want it so they can sit infront of the tv and farmville themselves every night. looks like thats another win for a netbook with touchscreen.

and it seems that many cellphones coming out this year will be good enough for flash, and id bet the next iphone will be too, and naturally right after that we will probably see the ipad gen2 that can do it too.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    interesting point, when i think of its gaming capabilities, i usually only think of apps, not webpage games. i could see alot of people who would want it so they can sit infront of the tv and farmville themselves every night. looks like thats another win for a netbook with touchscreen.

and it seems that many cellphones coming out this year will be good enough for flash, and id bet the next iphone will be too, and naturally right after that we will probably see the ipad gen2 that can do it too.
    iPhones have gone three years w/o flash. Apple will never add flash to the iPhone/iPod/iPad.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    iPhones have gone three years w/o flash. Apple will never add flash to the iPhone/iPod/iPad.
    atleast my assumption is listed as a possibility, yours is based on absolution. never is a very long time to assume that its going to be worthless to apple. chips we have coming out will have phones doing 1080p decoding, and with the apps apple is using, what point would there be to upgrade? what feature could u possibly want in the iphone/ipad "4G"?

Xtreme Addict
    I said you could listen to music. Which you can do.
    And I said stream, which you can't do. Which you still won't admit to for some reason.

Xtreme Mentor
    Regardless of what I think about apple, the Ipad is even more worse than the Fermi is.

StimulatedBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    So, is anyone buying one? Be honest!!!

LOl, indeed!
    Ordered two and misses the little bugger like crazy already.

Xtreme Member
    n/m
    Last edited by ChinStrap; 04-04-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    PC-A04 | Z68MA-ED55 | 2500k | 2200+ XPG | 7970 | 180g 520 | 2x1t Black | X3 1000w

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You can listen to music and run another program at the same time w/ no issues
    I thought iPad couldn't multitask at all... Not without jailbreaking it...
    Murray Walker: "And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's McLaren as he enters the Swimming Pool."

James Hunt: "Well, that should put them out then."

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caparroz View Post
    I thought iPad couldn't multitask at all... Not without jailbreaking it...
    The iPhone can play music and run safari at the same time, so why can't this monstrosity do the same?
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    The iPhone can play music and run safari at the same time, so why can't this monstrosity do the same?
    You awnsered your own question...

Srsly though, I got the impression that iPad wouldn't be capable of the most basic form of multitasking. Is it possible or not to run 2 progs (safari and itunes or whatever) at the same time?
    Murray Walker: "And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's McLaren as he enters the Swimming Pool."

James Hunt: "Well, that should put them out then."

Xtreme Member

Antec 900
    Corsair TX750
    Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
    Q9550 E0 500x8 4.0 GHZ 1.360v
    ECO A.L.C Cooler with Gentle Typhoon PushPull
    Kingston HyperX T1 5-5-5-18 1:1
    XFX Radeon 6950 @ 880/1300 (Shader unlocked)
    WD Caviar Black 2 x 640GB - Short Stroked 120GB RAID0 128KB Stripe - 540GB RAID1

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Caparroz View Post
    You awnsered your own question...

Srsly though, I got the impression that iPad wouldn't be capable of the most basic form of multitasking. Is it possible or not to run 2 progs (safari and itunes or whatever) at the same time?
    All the Apple applications run always. It is just third party applications that will not.
    OS 4.0 is suppose to add the capability, but even then it is going to be restricted. Apple doesn't want third party applications causing excessive background CPU/battery usage.

funny pics, got another one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Not sure why everyone is saying the iPad is a big bunch of fail. A company is out to do 1 thing, profit. Any company saying otherwise is probably lying to you. The iPad will sell several million units, the App Store will sell several million dollars in apps, and the world will just keep on spinning like any other day. No, the software isn't innovative. No, the hardware isn't innovative. But for the first time we have a company poised in the right position with the right hardware, software, and a large enough religious fanbase to launch a tablet that might have some staying power.

Cliff Notes: iPad isn't a technical innovation. Apple has a lot of fanboys/fangirls with deep pockets to fund this experiment. Tablets finally make a proper entrance to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by natty View Post
    I don't understand the haters. At least Apple is innovating. Even if you don't care for iPad, someday you may want a product that will come out because of iPad influence.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haters-Gonna-Hate.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	102866

Apple is leveraging their largest resource in order to run a gigantic experiment. The haters don't get that.

Xtreme Addict
    I just need something at work that is pretty light, good battery life with a decent size screen to read documents from. This will work perfect as long as I can transfer files to it. Everything else is just a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Lian Dream: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz, Asus Maximus IV Gene-z, MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr III, 8GB 2x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback, Crucial M4 128GB x2, Plextor PX-755SA, Seasonic 750 X, Lian-li
    HTPC: E5300@3.8, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, Gigabyte 5750 Silentcell, Mushkin 2GBx2, 2x 500gb Maxtor Raid 1, 300gb Seagate, 74gb Raptor, Seasonic G series 550 Gold, Silverstone LC16m

Laptop: XPS15z Crucial M4
    Nikon D700 ~ Nikkor 17-35 F2.8 ~ Nikkor 50mm F1.8
    Lian Dream Work Log
    my smugmug
    Heatware

Xtremely Bad Overclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    I just need something at work that is pretty light, good battery life with a decent size screen to read documents from. This will work perfect as long as I can transfer files to it. Everything else is just a bonus.
    c'mon I think there are enough suitable laptops for doing that kinda works - they have much more features and are more flexible (you can use windows or linux together with any application you like). that iRat just isn't even half the fun when I see no flash, no music, no nothing ^^

C'mon apple fans just donate your iRat money for a good course - donate it to XS (you may get more usefull additional features as your iRat has all together), or to Haiti or www.helpthechildren.org or whatever, but just don't loose it in another piece of hardware crap from Apple ^^
    | '12 IvyBridge - "ticks different"... | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round I by SoF | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round II by angoholic & stummerwinter
    | '11 The SandyBridge madness... | AwardFabrik / Team LDK OC-Season 2011/2012 Opening Event
    | '10 Gulftown LaunchDay OC round up @ASUS RIIE | 3DM05 2x GPU WR LIVE @Cebit 2010 @ASUS MIIIE | SandyBridge arrived @ASUS P8P67

| '09 Foxconn Avenger | E8600 | Foxconn A79A-S | Phenom II 940 BE | LaunchDay Phenom II OC round up
    | '08 7.438s 1m LN2 | AMD 1m WR LN2 | 2nd AOCM | Phenom II teasing
    | '07 100% E2140 | 106.5% E2160 | 100% E4500 | 103% E4400 | 5508 MHZ E6850 | 7250 MHZ P4 641 126.5% by SoF and AwardFabrik Crew all on Gigabyte DS3P c? and LN2...
    | '06 3800+ X2 Manchester 0531TPEW noHS 3201MHZ c? | 3200+ Venice noHS 3279MHZ c? | Opteron 148 0536CABYE 3405MHZ c? all on Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI compressorcooled

| '05 3500+[NC], 3000+[W], 2x 3200+[W], 3500+[NC], 3200+[V] 0516GPDW

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    sof pulled a fermi on all of us !!!

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Introducing the new APPLE iSex.... since mac lovers don't get much lovin' IRL.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    Introducing the new APPLE iSex.... since mac lovers don't get much lovin' IRL.
    Already exists, its called the OhMiBod:

http://www.ohmibod.com/overview.html

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast