Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ati cheating in crysis benchmark?

Xtreme Addict
    the drivers on AMD's site are labeled WHQL

btw someone with a Nvidia card do that Crysis AF comparison, I wonder if the distant trees lose all detail in AF with Nvidia too?

I don't understand how a method of texture filtering affects geometric detail. It shouldn't
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    INTEL Core i7 920 // ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 // OCZ 3G1600 6GB // POWERCOLOR HD5970 // Cooler Master HAF 932 // Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme // SAMSUNG T260 26"

c[_]
    it modifies geometric detail because the game engine dynamically changes it based on performance. yes nV cards do it too, according to page 6 or 7...

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Final8ty View Post
    So where are the before & after pictures ?
    Earlier CAT's & Later CAT's.
    what would those prove or disprove?

Quote Originally Posted by cowie View Post
    i'm a drama queen about this too so dont feel bad saaya
    idk how you define "drama queen", but i care about the image quality since i tend to spend extra on buying a highend card, which has enough horsepower to play at maximum image quality... so i hate to spend more and then end up with drivers that give me an fps boost i dont need, and sacrifice image quality i want and cant get back in any way...

if you call it being a drama queen to actually care about what you spend your money on, then yes, i am a drama queen! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoasthandle View Post
    It matters because it's all part of fact gathering.
    so me changing the thread title tells you what exactly? what does it have to do with ati not rendering with proper texture filtering in crysis?
    you sound as if this was an investigation in a homicide case

In Crysis/WH you need to disable POM in order to get AF working. Once disabled the game is started to check to make sure that the game is actually using AF. None of which is mentioned in the article you referenced where you think cheating (now bug) is happening.
    whats pom and why does it only have to be disabled on ati cards to get af working?

So in the end after several pages what we have here is really nothing from my point of view. None of that was mentioned in the original article to derive at such a conclusion at this time.
    nothing to see here, move along...

the amount of people who try really hard to avoid even accepting the possibility of a cheat, and on the other side the amount of people bashing ati without even reading the review or checking it out for themselves is blowing me away
    ati cheating? IMPOSSABOL! nothing will ever convince me
    ati cheating? of course!!! i dont need any proof, i can feel it!
    and the worst, fanboys whining about the existance of fanboys on the other side of the fence... pathetic

im installing crysis warhead right now and am going to see for myself, and i recommend everybody else to do the same, the rest of you go on and continue your red vs green bickering... or living in denial... whatever works for you :P
    Last edited by saaya; 04-04-2010 at 02:04 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    at what res and how many fps were you playing it at? at high fps and low res on a huge screen you probably notice it less?
    At 1080, don't know fps's but it was pretty fluid. 4x AA i think, 5850 with 10.2.
    Maybe having CCC at default's have something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    for me, the difference is pretty obvious on these screenshots. you can clearly see the banding, so it indeed is a noticible flaw.
    Well you talk about screeshots, i see only one screenshot where ATI is involved, so yes one of us is seeing too much or it's the other that is seeing less.
    I honestly see a blurring mixed with darker textures in about 15% of that screenshot, everything else is identical. I even changed browsers the first time because i thought the mouse over thingy wasn’t working.

Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    GIF or not, the difference is very noticeable... Thanks for posting the image.
    Really hope it's going to be fixed soon...
    If it wasn't, now that would be strange and would have supported the theory of ATI cheating.

This thread needs more screeshots...

Xtreme Legend
    lol this German website is going to have a field day when they test the new 10.4 driver soon eeeek....saaya tell them to try 10.4 too hahaha
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Mentor
    Well its possible AMD has cheated then again its possible its a bug, the thing is that the alternation in the two pics posted is very less.

Lets wait for the 10.4's also has anyone tried it with older catalysts ??
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    lol this German website is going to have a field day when they test the new 10.4 driver soon eeeek....saaya tell them to try 10.4 too hahaha
    10.4 lowers IQ more ?
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    INTEL Core i7 920 // ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 // OCZ 3G1600 6GB // POWERCOLOR HD5970 // Cooler Master HAF 932 // Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme // SAMSUNG T260 26"

so ATI is "cheating" in Crysis. Who cares? Only enthusiasts like us!
    But thats a very small group compared to "normal" gamers. There not interested in these things, they start the game, put all Settings to max. If its stuttering, they put the settings back until it doesnt. they dont tweak the drivers.
    Thats why ATI can do such things, cause most gamers dont care about it.

And btw: When i play Crysis i dont have any time to look at such minor things when there are 5 north Koreans trying to kill me
    Also if you have a 5870 like me and are not playing this game in DX9 32bit with SSAA your doing something wrong in general

A word about PCGH. This site is obviusly nvidia biased. They have been blamed for that several times in the past years, but of course didnt admit it. But its an open secret in the german hardware community.
    The last incident in GTX 480/470 review where they didnt wanted to use Dual-GPU cards is a good example.
    Pretty strange, isnt it? Especially when you look back in september 09 at the 5870 Review, where they didnt had these concerns and compared the 5870 to the GTX 295 and the 4870X2.
    After massive criticism of the community they finaly included a "Multi-GPU-Shootout" in the GTX480/470 Review. But still they dont compare the GTX 480 to the 5970 in the regular benchmark charts. Guess why...

So you should take all Benchmark results from this site with a grain of salt!

English is not my native language. So please, before being too nitpicky about my choice of words, please consider the possiblity that I did not mean to say what you might have read into them and inquire if not sure. Thank you

Xtreme Addict
    idk how you define "drama queen", but i care about the image quality since i tend to spend extra on buying a highend card, which has enough horsepower to play at maximum image quality... so i hate to spend more and then end up with drivers that give me an fps boost i dont need, and sacrifice image quality i want and cant get back in any way...

if you call it being a drama queen to actually care about what you spend your money on, then yes, i am a drama queen! :P

:P
    well in this case theres over 50-60 people in one day that say its not really degradeing the quality becuase they cant notice it running any different.

now if you find that it totally ruins your gameing expireance that would be another matter,based soley on opinion.
    i'm not even going to bother putting in a ati card to find out for myself.

10.4 may fix these "bugs" or may add to theses "cheats" lol

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by johnieboy View Post

A word about PCGH. This site is obviusly nvidia biased. They have been blamed for that several times in the past years, but of course didnt admit it. But its an open secret in the german hardware community.
    The last incident in GTX 480/470 review where they didnt wanted to use Dual-GPU cards is a good example.

Pretty strange, isnt it? Especially when you look back in september 09 at the 5870 Review, where they didnt had these concerns and compared the 5870 to the GTX 295 and the 4870X2.
    After massive criticism of the community they finaly included a "Multi-GPU-Shootout" in the GTX480/470 Review. But still they dont compare the GTX 480 to the 5970 in the regular benchmark charts. Guess why...

nice catch
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    So for the last 3 months Nvidia talked about Uniengine and then Uniengine and more Uniengine and finally Uniengine. And then takes the best 5 seconds from all the benchmark run, makes a graph and then proudly shows it everywhere.

Xtreme Addict
    so ATI is "cheating" in Crysis. Who cares? Only enthusiasts like us!
    But thats a very small group compared to "normal" gamers. There not interested in these things, they start the game, put all Settings to max. If its stuttering, they put the settings back until it doesnt. they dont tweak the drivers.

And btw: When i play Crysis i dont have any time to look at such minor things when there are 5 north Koreans trying to kill me
    Also if you have a 5870 like me and are not playing this game in DX9 32bit with SSAA your doing something wrong in general

what site has not been accused of nv bias?
    not defending them just saying

Xtreme Member
    Well, that explains your bias. Nvidia does it? You wouldn't dare buy an Nvidia product! Seriously, why say "ATI"? Does it really make a difference if Nvidia does something similar?

Wait.... so we should all stick to DX9? Well, sell your 5870, you can stick to a DX9 card.... none of that useless DX10 either.

Good for that, but it doesn't make anything they do irrelevant. The fact still stands, don't try to throw Nvidia-did-it BS.

Some people.... you know why Toyota's have that acceleration problem? GM!!! They obviously caused the problem.... because Toyota couldn't have possibly done that, right?

Xtremely Kool
    what would those prove or disprove?
    That would be for me to decide if it proves or disproves anything.

I am Xtreme
    so me changing the thread title tells you what exactly? what does it have to do with ati not rendering with proper texture filtering in crysis?
    you sound as if this was an investigation in a homicide case
    whats pom and why does it only have to be disabled on ati cards to get af working?
    You don't know how POM and AF works in Crysis but you believe that ATI somehow cheated? This speaks volumes in my book. "nothing to see here, move along..." is about as accurate of term used for this as one can get .

the amount of people who try really hard to avoid even accepting the possibility of a cheat, and on the other side the amount of people bashing ati without even reading the review or checking it out for themselves is blowing me away
    ati cheating? IMPOSSABOL! nothing will ever convince me
    ati cheating? of course!!! i dont need any proof, i can feel it!
    and the worst, fanboys whining about the existance of fanboys on the other side of the fence... pathetic

im installing crysis warhead right now and am going to see for myself, and i recommend everybody else to do the same, the rest of you go on and continue your red vs green bickering... or living in denial... whatever works for you :P
    So when someone points out that they didn't even say how they enabled AF in the game, doesn't find the same results that you believe without doing any tests yourself and, shows that reduction of foliage when AF is used on nv cards as well you resort to ad hominem. LOL, thanks for the confirmation in all this.
    Last edited by Eastcoasthandle; 04-04-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post

Some people.... you know why Toyota's have that acceleration problem? GM!!! They obviously caused the problem.... because Toyota couldn't have possibly done that, right?
    hummmm they did not catch that issue in reviews either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
    Well, that explains your bias. Nvidia does it? You wouldn't dare buy an Nvidia product! Seriously, why say "ATI"? Does it really make a difference if Nvidia does something similar?
    Your post is almost to ridiculous to answer, but ill give it a try...

Plz tell me more about me that i didnt know. plz, i am eager, you know me that well But wait, why didnt you know that i went from a GTX 280 to a 5870?

Wait.... so we should all stick to DX9? Well, sell your 5870, you can stick to a DX9 card.... none of that useless DX10 either.
    Where did i say that? Seems you never played Crysis and have even a clue why i said use DX9, 32bit in Crysis but let me enlighten you:
    You get the best performace in Crysis by using the DX9, 32 bit mode. If you combine this with the SGSSAA mode of the 5870, wich only works at DX9 btw, you get playable performance with the best availiable quality in this game.

Good for that, but it doesn't make anything they do irrelevant. The fact still stands, don't try to throw Nvidia-did-it BS.
    Interesting, is my english that bad that you dont understand what im am writing? Or do you not want to understand it?
    No it doesnt make anything irrelevant they are doing. Yes the fact still stands. But i didnt criticised this in my previous post.

You say i am biased? In german we say: "Wer im Glashaus sitzt sollte nicht mit Steinen werfen" Try to find out what it means....
    Last edited by johnieboy; 04-04-2010 at 06:27 AM.

English is not my native language. So please, before being too nitpicky about my choice of words, please consider the possiblity that I did not mean to say what you might have read into them and inquire if not sure. Thank you

Xtreme Member
    Czech Republic, 50°4'52.22"N, 14°23'30.45"E
    You get the best performace in Crysis by using the DX9, 32 bit mode.
    Why not 64bit?
    I think we should start a new "Fermi part <InsertNumberHere>" thread each time it's delayed in this fashion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Heck, I think we should start a whole new forum dedicated to hardware delays.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemot View Post
    Why not 64bit?
    That would be too awesome, nobody would be able to handle that much awesomness
    "When in doubt, C-4!" -- Jamie Hyneman

Silverstone TJ-09 Case | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Intel Core i5 750 CPU | ASUS P7P55D PRO Mobo | OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon 5850 GPU | Intel X-25M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD | Windows 7 x64 | NEC EA23WMi 23" Monitor |Auzentech X-Fi Forte Soundcard | Creative T3 2.1 Speakers | AudioTechnica AD900 Headphone |

Xtreme Member
    Czech Republic, 50°4'52.22"N, 14°23'30.45"E
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmore View Post
    That would be too awesome, nobody would be able to handle that much awesomness
    That means I am über?

IIRC, I've been benching it on my OCed HD 3870 at 1024×768 Very High DX9 (using cheat) under XP x86-64
    I think we should start a new "Fermi part <InsertNumberHere>" thread each time it's delayed in this fashion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Heck, I think we should start a whole new forum dedicated to hardware delays.

Xtreme Cruncher
    It matters because it's all part of fact gathering. Also, I asked that if a reviewer enables AF in that game and it doesn't work as it should then it must be either cheating or a bug? You answer what else could it be. Well, it could be that AF isn't on at all. In Crysis/WH you need to disable POM in order to get AF working. Once disabled the game is started to check to make sure that the game is actually using AF. None of which is mentioned in the article you referenced where you think cheating (now bug) is happening.

So in the end after several pages what we have here is really nothing from my point of view. None of that was mentioned in the original article to derive at such a conclusion at this time.
    not every object uses POM. POM is only enabled when you set textures to very high too. AF can still be used regardless on what config you have in crysis. you can clearly see in the article that the 5870 loses more texture detail than the geforce.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumbucket843 View Post
    not every object uses POM. POM is only enabled when you set textures to very high too. AF can still be used regardless on what config you have in crysis. you can clearly see in the article that the 5870 loses more texture detail than the geforce.
    Yes, I should have been more specific about that but the case made about AF is regarding the ground. An area where POM is used. And you make a good point, we don't know if config files were used. Thanks for bringing that up.
    Last edited by Eastcoasthandle; 04-04-2010 at 07:31 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme X.I.P.
    You don't know how POM and AF works in Crysis but you believe that ATI somehow cheated? This speaks volumes in my book. "nothing to see here, move along..." is about as accurate of term used for this as one can get .
    oh and you KNOW how parallax occlusion mapping and af work?

and you dodged my question, how come only ati has af problems and nvidia doesnt? they obviously wont set pom to max for ati and only to high for nvidia...

So when someone points out that they didn't even say how they enabled AF in the game, doesn't find the same results that you believe without doing any tests yourself and, shows that reduction of foliage when AF is used on nv cards as well you resort to ad hominem. LOL, thanks for the confirmation in all this.
    i trust pcgh, not their conclusions, but their numbers...
    if they find a problem and hint at ati cheating and show screenshots proving that there is a problem, i believe ati IS cheating unless proven otherwise.

meh, crysis warhead is broken and i cant find the dvd...

Xtreme Member
    i saw this tread and decided to take some screenshots

http://depositfiles.com/files/447ldgoj3

one folder comes with settings forced on CCC other are only settings defined in game

if you need more with other screens settings with other settings feel free to ask i have all crysis games

they were taken with fraps

1920*1080
    8x AA , Very high
    other one has AA ion game off and 8x AA 16AF forced in CCC
    Last edited by Scorpio[pt]; 04-04-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTE=johnieboy;4323298]

Ati boys its allright to cheat if its in a game you dont have time to look at it.

No, what I've heard is that it is one from nVidia driver team has been recruited from ATI and have put cheating in their driver for ATI to appear in a bad light damn nVidia

k
    Intel i7 2600K 5GHZ Watercooled. 2x Asus DirectCU II TOP GTX670 SLI @1250/7000/Watercooled. Asus Maximus IV Extreme. PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series.
    8GB Corsair 2000Mhz Ram. 4x OCZ Vertex3 120GB SSD. .3xSamsung F1 1TB All in A Lian li Tyr PC-X2000 Chassi. Logitech diNovo Edge keybord
    MX Revolution mouse and Z-5500 Digital 5.1 speakers Corsair HX-1200W PSU Samsung 244T 24"+ 3xPhilips 24¨in nVidia Surround

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by E30M3 View Post
    And btw: When i play Crysis i dont have any time to look at such minor things...
    When I have sex I don't look at her face... so I don't mind if her face looks like it has been run over by a truck

[ sorry if this joke is kinda off the line folks ]
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast