Thread: Nvidia gets license to build x86 CPUs, Intel supports CUDA

Xtreme Addict

Nvidia gets license to build x86 CPUs, Intel supports CUDA

01.04.2010, 10:51 | Quelle: Eigene 01.04.2010, 10:51 | Source:
    Intel & Nvidia: Lizenzabkommen Intel & Nvidia: License Agreement
    Nvidia bekommt x86-Lizenz zum Bau von CPUs, Intel unterstützt CUDA Nvidia gets license to build x86 CPUs, Intel supports CUDA

Aufgrund seiner Marktführerschaft wird Intel von den Wettbewerbshütern sowohl in Nordamerika als auch Europa kritisch beäugt. Because of its market leadership is the Intel competition enforcement officers in both North America and Europe as a critical eyed by. In den USA läuft derzeit ein Verfahren der Aufsichtsbehörde FTC gegen Intel wegen Missbrauchs seiner dominierenden Position. In the U.S. currently runs a procedure of the supervisory FTC against Intel for abusing its dominant position. Ein Vorschlag der FTC lautet, dass Intel die x86-Lizenz für andere Hersteller freigibt - und Intel pariert. A proposal by the FTC is that Intel x86 license for other manufacturers to release - and Intel parried. Heute berichten mehrere Quellen, dass Intel und Nvidia ein weitreichendes Lizenztauschabkommen unterzeichnet haben, das beiden Partnern weitreichende Rechte einräumt. Today, several sources reported that Intel and Nvidia license exchange agreements signed have a far-reaching, extensive rights that grants both partners.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...&sl=auto&tl=en

errr i guess translation does not copy over well.

oh wait what is today again?
    [MOBO] Asus CrossHair Formula 5 AM3+
    [GPU] ATI 6970 x2 Crossfire 2Gb
    [RAM] G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    [CPU] AMD FX-8120 @ 4.8 ghz
    [COOLER] XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 WaterCooling
    [OS] Windows 8 x64 Enterprise
    [HDD] OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
    [AUDIO] Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1

Xtreme Member
    Yeah looks like hoax.

I can't wait for this day to be over...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by vitchilo View Post
    Yeah looks like hoax.

I can't wait for this day to be over...
    Me neither

Xtreme Addict
    Its an obvious hoax:
    Intel supports CUDA
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Xtreme Addict
    The day's been and gone, it's past mid-day.

Please stop with this .

This just in, Nvidia are making kitchen appliances - Oh wait that's not an April Fools.
    Last edited by yngndrw; 04-01-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    OMG ITS HILARIOUS!!!!11

how stupid..
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Addict
    hai guyz intel bought nvidia then amd bought intel and other nonsensical things happened FUNNY!111
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    INTEL Core i7 920 // ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 // OCZ 3G1600 6GB // POWERCOLOR HD5970 // Cooler Master HAF 932 // Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme // SAMSUNG T260 26"

Xtreme Enthusiast

Transmeta has just been revealed as the IP source for Nehalem. OMG! heh

This just in! DICE has just updated their netcode for Battlefield Bad Company 2 to register hits as well as the average multiplayer game does! Yeah, right.

Come on, have fun with it. Sure, these jokes are a bit predictable.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

It's fun to see the cute things the likes of Google do on April Fools (like the Google Animal Translate app) but this is just lame

Xtreme Addict

happy april fools day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

I am Xtreme
    the ones from this morning were good, now they are just boring