MMM
    X

Subscribe to New Ads!

Receive weekly ads in your inbox!

Thread: Have I Fooked it? (help please)

Xtreme Member

Unhappy Have I Fooked it? (help please)

Damn I'm talented...

Well I thought I'd try my hand at some basic OCing and because I suck so badly at life, I broke it.

This is on a ECS mobo(K7S5A) and Athalon K7 XP 1500+ palaminio (or whatever) core

So I read some stuff about optimizing FSB/RAM speed whatever and enter the BIOs. Go to to CPU/DRAM speed and change it from 100mhz/133mhz to 133/133 and change ram speed to 'ultra'(WTF?) and restarted and now it makes its intial loading sounds but nothing comes up on the screen (blank) and the HD says its loading and reading from the CD drive (or checking it) but the screen is blank and nothing is happening.

I'm writing this from another even crapper computer.

Thanks for maybe caring and help you may provide....
    Last edited by HungryForHertz; 12-19-2003 at 04:14 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    clear cmos

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Member
    And how do I do that

I am Xtreme
    There should be a jumper. If not take the battery out. Just check the manuel.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Member
    Ahh I think I get it. Thanks!

Tweaked!
    Yeah, for that Ecs board, you need to find a proggie like setfsb or softfsb and make your increases smaller increments. You're not going to get a whole lot out of that particular board basically because it doesn't have enough o/cing options available to get a stable o/c.

Xtreme Member
    so it seems... I hope to setup an FX51 soon on a good board.

Xtreme Cruncher
    id learn a bit before you jump into things no offense. you dont even know what a cmos is . im sure if you search around you can learn a lot from some sites
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Member
    I'm a reatively quick learner. So now I know about CMOS and memory tweaking etc.

My Mobo and memory sucks I can't even get 137mhz FSB, Goddamnit. So now I am just lowering the clocks of the memory and it still sucks.
    Most rigid board ever...

Xtreme Cruncher
    well id wait for the socket 939 before you go get a a64 or a fx
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Member
    I intend to.

Got this running a 1.4GHZ now. Stable.

X. I. P.
    May not be your memory - the chipset cooler is notorious for poor attachment/contact with the chip.

Check that link I PM'd you for instructions on removal and put something decent on that SiS chip. Might do wonders for your O/C.

You also need strong 3.3 and 5v rails, anything below 3.3 or 5 will cause problems as well, poor voltage regulation.

Speedfan ( http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php ) will show volts as well as allowing O/C within windows.
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by sjohnson
    May not be your memory - the chipset cooler is notorious for poor attachment/contact with the chip.

Check that link I PM'd you for instructions on removal and put something decent on that SiS chip. Might do wonders for your O/C.

You also need strong 3.3 and 5v rails, anything below 3.3 or 5 will cause problems as well, poor voltage regulation.

Speedfan ( http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php ) will show volts as well as allowing O/C within windows.
    I've already got CoolCPU.

Yeh I saw that bit about thermal pasting the chip I'll get some stuff on Monday.
    Thanks alot for your help dude.