Thread: First Ukrainian Overclocking Championship 2010

Red face First Ukrainian Overclocking Championship 2010

On Saturday, March 20, the First Ukrainian overclocking championship was held in Kiev.

Participants were the leading enthusiasts of the country, that previously got over the on-line selection tour. Their nicknames are well known to users who are interested in the state of Ukrainian overclocking arena. Here are the names of participants in the order of filing their applications for participation in the event:

Andrew «T0lsty» Vazhinsky, Ilya «TiN» Tsemenko (Xtreme 2T);
    Oleg «olegka» Tsivenkov and Sergey «CrosSL|» Stabias (XtremeLabs Donetsk);
    Nikolai «Nick.ua» Alexander Peles, and «SArd» Shemetov (Xtreme Ukrainians);
    Sergei «SteelRat» Shulga and Alexander «MaJ0r» Litvin (MiXed);
    Alexander «Alex"H@Nter"Klein» Grudanov and Victor «Cyberdyne» Kompaniets (MXS-CyberH@NterS);
    Andrew «BuM!!!» Lunin and Cyril «ALT-F13» Balalin (MXS-Oldschool);
    Yury «Highgertz» spinel and Jan «Yannn» bloodless (Comrades from XtremeLabs)

The task of finalists was to obtain maximum results in applications SuperPi 1M and 3DMark2001 SE on a system with the following configuration:

CPU – Intel Core i3-530;
    МB – Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R;
    Mem – Kingston KHX1600C8D3K2-4GX;
    VGA – Gigabyte GeForce GTS 250;
    SSD - Kingston SNVP325-S2/128GB

Organizers have set restrictions on the modes of individual components of the testbed. Thus, processors in benchmarking-systems worked at frequencies of about 3600 MHz, video cards during the 3D-phase worked at the nominal frequencies. The task of the participants consisted in selection of the optimal settings for QPI-tires, memory, operating system and application of configuration tweaks that speed up PC performance in competitive disciplines.

The tournament was held open, so everyone interested in this kind of competition and overclocking in general could visit it. For the first time in Ukraine organizers publicly demonstrated a system built around six-core processor Core i7-980X (LGA1366), as well as organized the use of the graphics core Intel built-in into CPU on platform H55 Express in extreme mode using liquid nitrogen. The tournament could be seen through the online broadcast of the event.

Results of the competitions are following:

First place - Sergey «SteelRat» Shulga and Alexander «MaJ0r» Litvin; Team MXS + Xtremelabs.
    Second place - Nicholas «Nick.ua» Peles and Alexander «SArd» Shemetov;
    Third place - Oleg «olegka» Tsivenkov and Sergey «CrosSL|» Stabias;
    Fourth place - Andrew «BuM!!!» Lunin and Cyril «ALT-F13» Balalin;
    Fifth place - Andrew «T0lsty» Vazhinsky, Ilya «TiN» Tsemenko;
    Sixth place - Yuri «Highgertz» spinel and Jan «Yannn» bloodless;
    Seventh place - Alexander «Alex "H@Nter" Klein» Grudanov and Victor «Cyberdyne» Kompaniets

It should be noted that there have been a struggle between the first and second pair of participants whose outcome determined the hundredths of a second in SuperPi 1M-test (in favor of SteelRat and MaJ0r) and a couple dozen points in 3DMark2001 SE (in favor of Nick.ua and SArd).

Competitors received valuable prizes - GeForce GTS 250 graphics card (one per team) and souvenirs from the organizers - companies representatives Gigabyte, Intel, Kingston in Ukraine.

The prize for first place - motherboard GA-P55-UD3R and a set of memory Kingston KHX1600C8D3K2-4GX (2x2 GB DDR3-1600 CL8); for the second - motherboard GA-P55-UD3R; for third - backpacks Gigabyte.

The day ended with informal events for overclockers and guests of the tournament, which provided the opportunity to relax after a difficult competition.

The first Ukrainian overclocking competition was organized by Gigabyte, Intel and Kingston with the support of the company qBox.

I am not sure whether the topic is posted in the correct section, if not, please, correct.
    Last edited by SteelRat; 03-26-2010 at 02:50 AM.
    MOA2009 EU №9, Gigabyte TweaKing "№3" (4,7), First Ukrainian Overclocking Championship 2010 - "№1"

Nice event

KiSUS
    Congrats SteelRat and MaJ0r

Seems it was fun challenge in '01
    Lights, Music, Camera, Action !

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    nice event
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Member
    Nice event !!!!

congrats
    "We Overclock and Crunch you to the Ground" - DDTUNG

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4.0GHz HT 1.2V - On Water
    4x8GB ADATA XPG V2@ 2800 12-14-14-35 1T
    2x ADATA SSD XPG SX900 256GB RAID0
    2x Seagate 2TB
    SLI GTX 680 by ASUS
    Seasonic Extreme 1250 Watts
    Solid Tech-Station - Cosmos II
    Z5500 Sound Speakers

World Champion - IRONMODS
    Quote Originally Posted by DeDaL View Post
    Congrats SteelRat and MaJ0r

Seems it was fun challenge in '01
    +1...nice job guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Re-The Tour Championship

I feel that it is nice info about All Spots Info but i need to know about The Tour Championship if you want that one visit below website

The Tour Championship 2010