Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Legend
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    actually if you guys look at the pdf they put out with the "what's new" info they also have a ghosting removal tool.
    they show an image, which looks to have heavy camera shake, and the afterwards picture showing no blur or ghosting.

thats what i need......

the puppet warp if friggin awesome too
    they are also making some EXTREMELY lofty claims about the Raw 6 plugin and the noise removal....
    the new smart selection with post selection adjustments looks wicked,, i always get tired of zooming in and using the increase/decrease selection tool to get better more narrow results with my selection. that just looks killer if it can actually automatically select strands of hair or fine groups of hair
    Yup, those look great too.

The only thing feature missing as I see it would be some kind of lens based deconvolution tool. Then Photoshop would be THE perfect program.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    I don't know...I could see all of this soon being used as a crutch for bad technique...

I hope photographic knowledge, skill and technique don't become a rarity with all these new tools.
    Completely agree. While these shortcuts are welcome I hope that skill will continue to play a large part in producing works.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by .Logic View Post
    Completely agree. While these shortcuts are welcome I hope that skill will continue to play a large part in producing works.
    It will. Programs can only do so much. Things like composition depend on the photographer.
    Canon 5D Mark II (Canon 50mm f/1.2L | Canon 135mm f/2L | Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L | Contax Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 21mm f/3.5 | Crumpler 7MDH | Hitech filters + Lee Foundation Kit | B+W filters)
    Hasselblad 201F (Zeiss 80mm f/2.8 CF | 2x A12 Back | Domke F-4AF)
    Nikon F3HP (Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 | Nikkor 55mm f/1.2)

Xtreme Member
    this tool alone makes me want to get CS5!!
    (UN) Designs pimp

undesignsbrackets

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Can't wait for CS5 to come out.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    *bump*

Adobe CS5 trials are now available for download at Adobe's website: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/

Will probably be testing out PS CS5 sometime this weekend
    [ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

I am Xtreme
    just played with the content aware fill and it is VERY, VERY specific to what you are removing, and the environment around the object you are deleting.

i just did a few random objects in some pictures and it did not work very well at all...
    that video adobe showed was a very cherry picked scenerio dont think for one second you are going to get results like that with every image you try.

it also doesnt work well when the object you are deleting has any type of shadow to it at all because it wont select the shadow, so you need to make sure you expand your selection are to get the shadow also, and then,,, when you get the shadow, you end up taking parts you dont want because many times the shadow is not physically part of the object you are removing.

anyways.. Content Aware fill no matter what basis you are using it is very content specific and it doesnt work very well for most thing.
    cloning is slower but you could get equal or better results sticking with the cloning tool.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just what I expected.
    Canon 5D Mark II (Canon 50mm f/1.2L | Canon 135mm f/2L | Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L | Contax Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 21mm f/3.5 | Crumpler 7MDH | Hitech filters + Lee Foundation Kit | B+W filters)
    Hasselblad 201F (Zeiss 80mm f/2.8 CF | 2x A12 Back | Domke F-4AF)
    Nikon F3HP (Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 | Nikkor 55mm f/1.2)

Xtreme Addict
    you're doing it wrong then :P
    i will have to play with this later, there must be a bunch of tiny things we need to know to master this tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

I am Xtreme
    nope not doing it wrong, and realistically there is more one could do, but just trying to do what Adobe did,,, yeah, what they did for the press was 100% cherry picked, i mean wtf, a brick wall? come one, who couldn't delete something and then duplicate a bunch of bricks.

take any picture you want and select something ,manually or with the magic wand, hit delete, content aware fill will pop up, hit ok and watch..
    now tell me that it works like they claimed.
    again each picture and environment in said pictures is going to be different and at times it does work especially small stuff, thats easy, but delete a person out of a picture and watch.

there are NO settings for content aware fill, but i admit i did not look very hard. and it isnt a plug-play style feature i understand but try it, see what happens.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    Can be very usefull for portraits and skin "improvements".
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    nope not doing it wrong, and realistically there is more one could do, but just trying to do what Adobe did,,, yeah, what they did for the press was 100% cherry picked, i mean wtf, a brick wall? come one, who couldn't delete something and then duplicate a bunch of bricks.

take any picture you want and select something ,manually or with the magic wand, hit delete, content aware fill will pop up, hit ok and watch..
    now tell me that it works like they claimed.
    again each picture and environment in said pictures is going to be different and at times it does work especially small stuff, thats easy, but delete a person out of a picture and watch.

there are NO settings for content aware fill, but i admit i did not look very hard. and it isnt a plug-play style feature i understand but try it, see what happens.
    What kind of picture did you use for the content awareness? I can imagine it has to have a lot of what you're trying to replace surrounding it.

I am Xtreme
    that is why i say it is very specific to what you are wanting to replace.
    basically the ONLY thing it does is clone the surroundings, and it doesnt care what it clones.

i did how ever remove my boy in one picture where a tree was behind him and it did a nice job of replacing the tree shadow that had alot of branch shadows in it, but the area where my boy was was replaced with all kind of garbage... ie; tree shadow, a piece of the swingset, and other things.

again all it does is take some near samples of your image and replace what you deleted, there is NOTHING smart about what the program is doing it is only doing an auto cloning which you can do with the cloning stamp. sure it takes alot longer but with all honesty you might get better results.

i did remove a guy standing way in the background and it left a ghost like outline of the guy and i actually selected more than the guy but couldnt select alot because he was leaned up against a tree.

i am not saying it doesnt work, it is just very specific to what is surrounding the object.
    i removed some magic markers from a shot in my living room and it did an "ok" job of replacing those spots with more carpet, but i can guarentee you that had those marker been sitting next to the couch or chair it would have replaced the markers with pieces of said couch or chair.

again there are no settings for this aspect of photoshop, it is what it is and its results are what they are.
    Last edited by Lestat; 05-01-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    wow, this tool does pretty much suck
    i tried deleting a person in a group photo, the head of the person next to him ended up in where his crotch was pretty much and a bunch of crazy things happened.
    only deleting really small things worked for me.
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

I am Xtreme
    bada bing! ha!

i told ya, what photoshop did with the sky panorama shot and the guy on the brick wall was the perfect scenerio, i mean gimmie a fracking break its a damn brick wall, any dummy program can clone brick batterns. same for the sky.

i just watched about 4 more videos for content aware fill and its all the same thing, very small or very specific scenerios.
    they are not deleting a person from a crowd or even 1 p erson from a group of three.

it will duplicte sky and grass but in a photograph you better make sure the entire picture is nice and sharp because it will NOT work on pictures with alot of Bokeh, it takes samples of items so far away from the object you are trying to remove that it WILL grab blurry items and place them in a possibly sharp area.

i think its great and saves hours of potential work but anyone who thinks its the greatest thing ever has NOT tried it.

Ripken, try puppet warp and tell me that is crap too.

all i did was have a dandilion in some grass, i wanted to take the curved dandilion stem and make its somewhat straight and i laid out my anchor points and started to drag them and it is warping and twisting the ENTIRE frame.

i watched the videos of puppet warp and they are doing somthing they are not telling people because the minute you lay anchor points it anchors the entire picture not just a wire, or flower stem or what ever.
    they are doing something else to make it appear as if they are anchoring only the item they want and the rest of the picture is untouched.

They are also showing a video of a wodden doll with hinges for joints and trying to say that puppet warp is allowing you to just move an arm.. i mean gimmie a break!
    Last edited by Lestat; 05-03-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    i couldnt even figure out how to get puppet warp to work, but i didnt look too much into it. i will when i have time to screw around.

I am Xtreme
    i dont have Ps running and dare not due to the massive amounts of other crap i have running, but if i recall the very first thing you have to do is turn your picture into a smart object, then it works.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Legend
    content aware fill.....hmmmm still a bit of room for improvement i think heheh
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Addict
    i just made a panorama, 8 18MP photos.
    then i content aware filled the outer edges so that i didnt have to crop the image.
    about 15min later after is was done processing... it did a very good job filling in the empty space, i am pleased.

Xtreme Member
    I like CA fill. It's obviously not perfect, but most of the time it does a good enough job that I can make up for the rest using other PS tools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12