Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waterblock homemade @ CNC: AcquaTec II

now I have to drill holes on the base for the mounting screws of coldplate,
    use 12 screws (M6) to tighten the cells at the base, the assembly is done in such a way as to have all the screws that pull in the same manner avoiding imbalances that can affect a good thermal contact and functioning of cells.
    The screws are represented by blue circles R5 and R3 ...

Last edited by Cnc Guru; 07-13-2010 at 12:01 PM.
    Liquid Cooled By Acqu@-Tec||AMD 64 X2 6000+ @7500+|Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS|4GB Corsair PC-6400|Ati 4870HD@750/1000||Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum-Fatal1ty||Pinnacle PCTV Pro||2 Segate da 500 GB @7200rpm||Lite on 1653S Dvd+-Rw 16x ||LCD Sony sdmhs74ps Onyx Black|| Arriverą il II | T-Block incoming...|Webmaster of Cnc Projec.net:birra:

Xtreme Addict
    Interested in the temperature returns of this one.

Keep after it.
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Xtreme Guru
    nice cnc work, i've worked in cnc for about 3 years with my old company.. To all the haters out their, its more trickier then you actually think!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    nice cnc work, i've worked in cnc for about 3 years with my old company.. To all the haters out their, its more trickier then you actually think!
    Please tell me this isn't even remotely pointed at me?

I have 4x the experience as you do working with CNC machinery (2, 3 & 5 Axis-Programmed, setup & operate), so if I've said something in this topic, I might know a little about that which I speak of.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

I practiced with the CNC of centering holes 0.5mm deep,
    following the pre-holes I drilled with precision the base with a tip diameter of 3.5mm steel coated with colbalto,
    the tape mounted on the tip is a visual reference that allowed me to understand when the tip had fallen down to 6.5mm below 6.5mm risked drilling from the base.
    The spindle of the drill turning at 500 rpm a speed that prevents dangerous overheating and with whom I was well along the chip shows the goodness of speed, the cutting edges worked well drilled to 500 laps every inch filled the hole with svitol to lubricate the cutting ....

finished with the drill bit 3.5mm I enlarged the holes to 4.5mm ...
    followed with another drill 5mm holes have expanded the previous ...

After I drilled threaded holes, with a male thread M6 ....
    The assembly screws M6 steel based on the following drawing posted a few lines ago

This is the first assembly of the waterblock.
    I now realize how complex and how much work I did ...

everything fits perfectly the cover is perfectly centered with difussor...
    Last edited by Cnc Guru; 08-06-2010 at 05:15 AM.
    Liquid Cooled By Acqu@-Tec||AMD 64 X2 6000+ @7500+|Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS|4GB Corsair PC-6400|Ati 4870HD@750/1000||Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum-Fatal1ty||Pinnacle PCTV Pro||2 Segate da 500 GB @7200rpm||Lite on 1653S Dvd+-Rw 16x ||LCD Sony sdmhs74ps Onyx Black|| Arriverą il II | T-Block incoming...|Webmaster of Cnc Projec.net:birra:

Great work! Hope to see other projects soon...

Thanks! The project continues with the processing coldplate

following the pre-holes made on the router, hole with the drill holes of 3.5mm, the holes are widened to 4.5 5.5 ... 6.0mm

I try to align the holes the screws at the base...

Perfect alignment

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Please tell me this isn't even remotely pointed at me?

I have 4x the experience as you do working with CNC machinery (2, 3 & 5 Axis-Programmed, setup & operate), so if I've said something in this topic, I might know a little about that which I speak of.
    Well, no offense to you but all you've done is criticize and insult Cnc Guru's machine work and his project which is a little unfair considering its HIS project and he's simply sharing it here with everyone else. No matter how it turns out, I'm sure it was a fun project for Cnc Guru and fun for everyone else to watch it come along.

If you want to build something better with your machining skills, by all means go ahead and post plenty of pictures like Cnc Guru so the rest of us can admire your skills as well.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkout View Post
    Well, no offense to you but all you've done is criticize and insult Cnc Guru's machine work and his project...snip
    Excuse me? My first post was advice to slow the speeds and feeds down to avoid chatter and get a better finish, my second post was commentary about writing the actual code, which anybody can do with CAD/CAM. . .there's no thinking or skill involved with CAD/CAM. . .and my last post was to Johnny87au to inform him of my former experience as a machinist in case he missed it earlier in the topic. Not once have I "criticize or insult" the work Cnc has done.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme 3D Team
    WL it was more the way you came off saying "Hey look at me, Ive been doing this way longer than you so you oughta pay some attention"
    Smile

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    WL it was more the way you came off saying "Hey look at me, Ive been doing this way longer than you so you oughta pay some attention"
    Basically...

Although the post about using CAD/CAM was worded as an insult to Cnc Guru's intelligence.

I am Xtreme
    I always seem to come across like that, why should this topic be any different?
    Circles SucQ!

Sorry to say, but as a long time reader, short time poster, it's true, I realize you have been doing this along time and have a lot of great information and experience at your disposal, but a lot of times you come across as too cool (which makes it hard to not skip your posts some times, which I do not want because I joined this forum to learn what I could about water cooling.). There is constructive criticism and then there is being a .

Xtreme Member
    Oh well like he said. I'm sure the regulars are used of this and dont realy pay attention to it

But really please dont derail this thread. I want to open this to see updates on the block and not flames. Thank yoooou.
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

lapping of plexi .....

with a scrap of paper I take a bit of polishing compound for car-body and rub his face up to consume all the dough ..
    los chased dried with paper traces the abrasive paste remained and continue to rub....

the result will be spectacular....

....... The package arrived at my destination

From 'America 2 cells from 320 watts
    we see are based on ....

fit is a 2mm leaving space for the passage of screws ...
    I sawed brass screws retaining the cover so you can mount the above coldplate cells without the screw threads face thickness coldplate preventing contact with the cells ...

measure the depth of blind tapped holes of the base plus the thickness of the cells and the thickness of coldplate ...

19.5mm depth ...
    eist does not meet that standard screws that measure affects them tailor

with an Allen wrench tucked into lives not to burn your finger, pier screws using the smooth face side of the disc wheel, this face can grind without damaging vibration also threads are leaving the bevelled face grinded the screw 90 degrees thread ...
    to bring the total length of the screw 19.5mm I molar 3mm or 3 fillets in molar screw threads into account that they go into a thousand sparks ... bevelled 3 threads I stop and cool the screw to move to the next sequence, then create the wheel with a bevel on each screw thread so as not to damage the thread + weak copper base bevel is the bare minimum ....

each screw is tested to check that goes to make the cells without stopping at the bottom of the blind threaded hole loosely cell ...
    To do this I create balanced forces tighten the 2 screws in diagonal corners of the cell so the cell does not die, tighten the screw to test and try to muoverre the cell if it remains locked under the pressure of the screw otherwise pier the screw until the screw does not tighten the cell ...
    2 turns of thread come into contact the two upcoming turns shaking the cell ...
    pressure flexes the base and colplate cells crack under the pressure generated by the screws but I noticed no crack ...
    I hope they are rustling of settling ...

Xtreme Cruncher
    amazing craftsmanship!!!
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

cant wait to see this working...

Very nice project man, and very well done using home based tools. What are you planning on fitting this to?

Call it an observation, but would turning your TEC units around 90deg be better so your black wires aren't in the path of a screw thread? [They look dimensionally square in the picture].

Look forward to the finished product.

Just a word to the wise, I would strongly recommend not grinding against the side of a grinding wheel. This is a good way to cause a wheel to fail.

coldplate to mount the processor on the new problems arise ...
    I was hoping to fly over the 3 capacitors shown by the arrows, instead coldplate hits all 3 capacitors,

By downloading the spacing of the holes of my Soket AM2 I realized that the holes in retaining the cage against the cpu end screws coldplate.
    mounting screw holes in the mobo screws colplate impact given the size thought to have space enough to drill straight holes and threading the coldplate check, now I have to invent a solution to the problem

the solution is as follows; assemble two 5mm thick aluminum brackets on the brackets we get 4 slots 15mm long, in the slots 4 screws M3 going to screw them into the slots coldplate allow me to move the water block in the best position to prevent the capacitors ....
    pass through the bracket holes coldplate, thread through holes in the bracket to the mobo aganciare the waterblock to the plate in support of the mobo ...

Xtreme Mentor
    amazing engineering
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Quote Originally Posted by PatRaceTin View Post
    amazing engineering
    Tnx!

The images show the construction of the brackets ....

Xtreme Member
    Wow - great work so far!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Show us some temps
    Bdw grate work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast