Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SovietKitsch's Murdermod TJ07

Xtreme Member
    An odd twist. The case is STILL at the powdercoaters. They're going to receive an earful tomorrow. 1 month and 2 days. Unacceptable.

I agreed to doing the main U shape for $40 and I have a friend through LAN that does home powder coating. I would have had him do the whole kit, however the main U wouldn't fit in his home oven. He does fantastic work, and only about $60 for my box of stuff. Powder, prep, and pain all done! I just need to get my case back first. :P

However I do have update coming soon via a few things coming Tuesday, and a rather large Aquacomputer order that should be coming soon.
    Watercooled Murdermod Silverstone TJ07
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3
    Intel Core i7 2600K
    8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz
    eVGA 480 GTX SLI
    8.5TB (1x Seagate 1TB 7200.12, 2x Hitachi 3TB, 1x Seagate 1.5TB 7200.11)
    Corsair AX1200 PSU All Custom Cables
    Westinghouse 24" 1920x1200
    Windows 7

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SovietKitsch View Post
    An odd twist. The case is STILL at the powdercoaters. They're going to receive an earful tomorrow. 1 month and 2 days. Unacceptable.

I agreed to doing the main U shape for $40 and I have a friend through LAN that does home powder coating. I would have had him do the whole kit, however the main U wouldn't fit in his home oven. He does fantastic work, and only about $60 for my box of stuff. Powder, prep, and pain all done! I just need to get my case back first. :P

However I do have update coming soon via a few things coming Tuesday, and a rather large Aquacomputer order that should be coming soon.
    Well that's not good for their reputation, sorry to here that things are going rough.

- Systemlord
    * My Case Labs STH10 Build Log *

Computer System:
    CPU = Intel i7 3770K
    MOBO = Asus Maximus V Extreme
    GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX 480 @ 880MHz|1760MHz|4200MHz @ 1.125v
    RAM = 8GB Dominator GT's
    SSD = Samsung 830 Series 256GB
    PSU = SeaSonic X-1250W
    SC = X-Fi Fatality Pro
    CASE = Case Labs STH10
    LCD = NEC MultiSync 1970GX 19"
    OS = Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Watercooling System:
    CPU = EK Supremacy Nickel+Acetal
    GPU = EK FC-480 GTX Nickel+Acetal
    MB = EK-FB Asus M5E Nickel+Acetal
    RES = EK-RES X3 250
    PUMP = Dual Koolance PMP-450's w/ EK-D5 Dual Top CSQ
    RAD = Dual HWLabs SR-1 560's w/Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Fans
    LIQUID = Distilled Water w/Petra's Pure Silver Killcoil

Xtreme Addict
    I hate times like that where you find that the employees of a company have no idea what's going on...
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    It first went $40 for the whole kit, 3-4 days max.

Then two weeks after I dropped the box off it jumped to $200.

I called a week later and said just do the main part. During this, he had explained since I requested on Charles suggestion a specific powder, solar black, it would cost more, thus the $200 fee. I asked how much would it be without it. He said $100. I said OK done, and asked how much again. He said $200. When asked why he just said $100 he said he meant $200.

They of course were out of shop today, or at least I couldn't get a hold of them. It was two guys with a moderate workload that considered when I went there of rims and a dirt track car cage in a huge brick garage in the middle of nowhere. It's a good hour from my house, but I chose them based on good reviews online. Unfortunately their hours (8-4) completely make getting out there impossible for me (Work 6-2/3) except for Wednesday when they're open 9-6, complicating things even moreso, or I would have been out there every day after the second week. It doesn't help I'm a 5'9 130lb 20 year old geek who came to get his computer painted at a shop more used to dirt cars and rims. Can't help feel I'm getting screwed.

As a result I have a haphazard case setup laid out on the floor for close to a month now. Just a warning to all, really trust the people you give your gear to.

So to recap this build:
    I was sold a damage case, ripped off, and had to file a credit card chargeback.
    Lost 4 HDDs including priceless videos (Working on getting that back)
    Have an insane non-stop crash bug that just kills every game I try to play.

It's been so fun..
    Last edited by SovietKitsch; 07-05-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3
    Intel Core i7 2600K
    8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz
    eVGA 480 GTX SLI
    Windows 7

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SovietKitsch View Post
    It first went $40 for the whole kit, 3-4 days max.

Then two weeks after I dropped the box off it jumped to $200.

I called a week later and said just do the main part. During this, he had explained since I requested on Charles suggestion a specific powder, solar black, it would cost more, thus the $200 fee. I asked how much would it be without it. He said $100. I said OK done, and asked how much again. He said $200. When asked why he just said $100 he said he meant $200.

They of course were out of shop today, or at least I couldn't get a hold of them. It was two guys with a moderate workload that considered when I went there of rims and a dirt track car cage in a huge brick garage in the middle of nowhere. It's a good hour from my house, but I chose them based on good reviews online. Unfortunately their hours (8-4) completely make getting out there impossible for me (Work 6-2/3) except for Wednesday when they're open 9-6, complicating things even moreso, or I would have been out there every day after the second week. It doesn't help I'm a 5'9 130lb 20 year old geek who came to get his computer painted at a shop more used to dirt cars and rims. Can't help feel I'm getting screwed.

As a result I have a haphazard case setup laid out on the floor for close to a month now. Just a warning to all, really trust the people you give your gear to.

So to recap this build:
    I was sold a damage case, ripped off, and had to file a credit card chargeback.
    Lost 4 HDDs including priceless videos (Working on getting that back)
    Have an insane non-stop crash bug that just kills every game I try to play.

It's been so fun..
    Boy does this remind me of my brother's experience with a chroming shop being the only one within a hundred of miles! He dropped off his parts to be chromed and they said give us one week, to make a long story short it took three months before my brother to go and pick-up his unchromed parts and have it done somewhere else. The bigger the job the faster it gets done, they don't care about the little jobs as they don't generate big money. How they are getting good reviews is puzzling to say the least!

-Systemlord
    * My Case Labs STH10 Build Log *

Computer System:
    CPU = Intel i7 3770K
    MOBO = Asus Maximus V Extreme
    GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX 480 @ 880MHz|1760MHz|4200MHz @ 1.125v
    RAM = 8GB Dominator GT's
    SSD = Samsung 830 Series 256GB
    PSU = SeaSonic X-1250W
    SC = X-Fi Fatality Pro
    CASE = Case Labs STH10
    LCD = NEC MultiSync 1970GX 19"
    OS = Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Watercooling System:
    CPU = EK Supremacy Nickel+Acetal
    GPU = EK FC-480 GTX Nickel+Acetal
    MB = EK-FB Asus M5E Nickel+Acetal
    RES = EK-RES X3 250
    PUMP = Dual Koolance PMP-450's w/ EK-D5 Dual Top CSQ
    RAD = Dual HWLabs SR-1 560's w/Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Fans
    LIQUID = Distilled Water w/Petra's Pure Silver Killcoil

Xtreme Member
    Near necro bump!

Wow, it's been a LONG, LONG 6 months. Regarding where this thread left off...

I had my case at the powder coating shop for a month. I agreed to get the main case itself painted and not the individual pieces. Instead, I went to another local guy who turned out to be just beyond expectation. Dylan's Power Coating did the job in one day and at half of what the other shop wanted. Not only that but the job was really fantastic quality!

So that lead me to a PC part upgrade. I changed out the 5970 and put in two GTX 480s and ordered two AquaComputer blocks for them. I got the one sorted all nice, and then when installing the other block, a standoff broke off, and I had to RMA the waterblock..to Germany. Among this, something must have happened to the 480, which also had to be RMA'd.

So that brought me to September. All was working fine, when...the motherboard shorted. RMA'd. In the mean time I purchased a new board sometime mid-October when they were phasing out the E760's and got one for dirt cheap brand new with the full warranty, which is a good thing because the RMA motherboard NEVER SHOWED UP. I'm still working with EVGA on the issue!

So this brought me to last Friday. The first time I had to myself in AGES. I put it together and here's just a little teaser of a more in depth tear-down and build log. All custom cables (PCI-E and 8pin ATX) were done by Martin or Cyrs1s_Gam3r and turned out fantastic. Also note the new D3000, now my pictures can match the beauty of the case.

Still need to fix the one heatshrink on the PCI-E 8 pin.

To do: Single sleeve ATX cable!

Kinda what it looks like all done. Notice the midplate which I'm currently waiting to get re-done (I made my own but it turned out horrible and I'm waiting on Charles to reopen Murdermod!). Other than that, the only real updates is top the res, clean up bottom bay just a little more, single sleeve motherboard connector and finish it up!
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3
    Intel Core i7 2600K
    8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz
    eVGA 480 GTX SLI
    Windows 7

Xtreme Guru
    sleeve that 24 pin please

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    With little to no time to work on my mod, it's been very difficult to finish this project up, but in the last few weeks I feel I'm slowly getting there.

As per norm, a LAN was coming up which forced me to scramble to get my Murdermod up and running. Unfortunately, there was one major problem in that it kept crashing in everything I did. I determined it was a hard drive problem, and bought two VelociRaptor's to RAID, which didn't work. Dejected, I then went on to the possibility I didn't have enough power. I thought a Silverstone ST-1000p was enough to run the computer, however I was wrong. After picking up a Corsair AX1200 I was not only able to run everything without crashing, I could overclock the CPU and GPU and not have to worry about anything! Except heat...and a Northbridge that loved to catch fire.

So I got MIPS blocks for my mobo. I wanted them ever since I saw them on the TJ07 "Unnamed" project and fell in love. I expected the MIPS to really blow me away, but I didn't expect to remove my Northbridge stock cooler and see that only half the chip was covered by TIM. For a $300+ motherboard at least take time to put $0.02 worth of thermal paste on!

With all of that put together, she was running well, and I just needed to clean it up for the LAN, which lead me to custom sleeve the new cables. Unfortunately, I couldn't use my ST-1000p cables due to the AX1200 keying the power connectors to the PSU differently, which means I had to swap everything out wire by wire.

So after contacting Martin, I had them switched out. All excited, I started the PC up. Nothing. It turns out the AX1200 is VERY picky when it comes to pin layouts and doesn't follow any kind of standard I've seen, and thus, no power. So I re-did those, and got it to where it's at today. Thanks Martin for my awesome cables

It still has a ways to go, but it's stable, runs very well, is over clocked to hell, and handles everything I throw at it. I'm happy!

To Do:
    Sleeve 24-pin
    Finish sleeving PCI-E Cables
    Bridge MIPS blocks better
    Unkink the tube for the CPU block
    Finish Slight pannel correctly
    Finish illuminated HDD mounts.
    Sleeve SATA cables
    Front plate

Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3
    Intel Core i7 2600K
    8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz
    eVGA 480 GTX SLI
    Windows 7

I love these inverted TJ07 builds, makes me want to go out and buy another TJ07 but without a window this time!
    Project: Heart of Darkness
    EVGA 750i FTW, E8400, EVGA GTX 470, Corsair Dominator 8500 2 x 2048, Corsair HX1000, Antec P180B, Samsung 2433BW Plus, Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Xtreme Member
    I am in love with tjo7's
    Internal Watercooling Antec 900 Build Log*

WC loop: Black ice extreme 240 radiator, XSPC 120 radiator, HK 3.0, D5 pump with Bitspower top, DD fillport, Primochill tubing, distilled + ptnuke

Pink Floyd is #1

Xtreme Member
    Once again...it's been a while. I just got my 2nd 480GTX back from RMA (A problem with the SLI connector..) and decided to share some pictures.

I swapped out the EVGA E760 mobo with the Core i7 920 to a 2600K on an Asus P8P67 Deluxe. So far it's been running perfect, temps are cooler, and I have noticed a difference performance wise.

More pics and details to come soon!
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3
    Intel Core i7 2600K
    8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz
    eVGA 480 GTX SLI
    Windows 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12