Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte P55 Challenge; Central Europe! (& Iceland)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thank you all for the kind words.
    It was a very nice event and it was a pleasure to meet you all...

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    What frequency were you hitting?
    If I am not mistaken it was arround 6250 Burntest and 6500 1M - effeciency sucks a lot, but we didn't tweak anything, just disable some services in windows. Just set frequency and run the benchmark.

Did anybody test another BIOS then the F3-VCore?
    We bench with F4 all the time, because we had problems with the VCore Bios... maybe this was one point for higher clocks?

It was very surprising, that 10 chips from the same batch have such a high differences in benchstable clocks... arround 1GHz is a lot!

I am waiting for massmans statistic... thank you for your effort!

See you soon, Andi

I think its all about the benchbread :-) it brings us luck in the last few sessions... hopefully this luck will be with us during gulftown selection ;-)

Thanks for your congratz guys!

World Champion - IRONMODS
    Nice job BenchBros...looks like a fun event
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Basti posted his Pictures on the official website and he wrote a little text about the event, but its in German

Xtreme Member
    Very nice event, congrats to Kabauterman & loopy83! Thanks to Gigabyte (especially Basti & Kristina) for the invitation and a great event.

In case you forgot what we`re talking about:

600l LN2:

Equipment of the Swiss Team:

Loopy83 knew from the very beginning how it would end.

Proper insulation:

I couldn`t resist:

Dewar re-filling:

Mister "Let us finish the super-duper-fast run" and a hairdryer:

Oh year, it`s really -196 °C:

Final results - c`mon Norway

--> All 170 pictures of the Gigabyte Intel P55 OC Challenge at a higher resolution at PCGH
    The Initial value finished
    PI calculation is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Software tweaks are not for sale.

Aussie God
    Would it be ok by the two of you; Hyperhorn & David, if I publish some of the pictures on facebook? :-)
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpa View Post
    aha.. Norway at 9th.. not so good Stoolman and Knopflerbruce
    Yeah, but happens. The next time I'll actually power on a similar system before the event Then it's easier for me to give advice. This time I was mostly LN2 slave, as I have no clue about either OS or the rig itself Hopefully that'll change soon...
    --->TeamPURE<---

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Would it be ok by the two of you; Hyperhorn & David, if I publish some of the pictures on facebook? :-)
    No problem from my site.

I found the best "Pinky pic" at the Austrians Collection

congratz BenchBros! Your results were great

I think we had lilbit more left in cpu for spi 1M, just didnt have time to test it more because IBT took lilbit much time
    Do u remember anything about ur bios settings Kabauterman? We just throw some random voltages there like 1.9vcore, 1.55v vtt, 1.45v pch etc.. (Die or fly!)

Was really pleasure meet all u guys and i hope we will see in future too. Now since when i got a job i can start playing with LN2 more and make some decent results for hwbot ranking. I ques im still lilbit unknown in overclocking community
    X58: R3E & XPOWER | 980X | GTX580 | 3x2gb MGH-e | Dimastech | AX1200

s775: RE | E8600 | GTX285 | 4x1gb D9GTR | P&C 610W

SB: 2600k | Asus P8P67 & Gigabyte UD4 | GTX 460 1gb | 550W Cougar

Hi guys and thanks for everyone who where there present - it was nice meeting you all

Being the first time in event like this was exiting and special thanks to Gigabyte for organising the great event.

By the way, we used F4 also because we didn't manage to update the bios from the stick! So F4 still better with ln2! (who gave the idea of using F3-VCore bios, BenchBros? )

I read somwhere that coldbug was fixed only in F4 and newer bioses, dont know if thats tru or not but i think that F4 worked pretty well with LN2! Even if F3 was faster with spi but mhz difference was still on F4's side

Quote Originally Posted by SeMbEr View Post
    congratz BenchBros! Your results were great

I think we had lilbit more left in cpu for spi 1M, just didnt have time to test it more because IBT took lilbit much time
    Do u remember anything about ur bios settings Kabauterman? We just throw some random voltages there like 1.9vcore, 1.55v vtt, 1.45v pch etc.. (Die or fly!)

Was really pleasure meet all u guys and i hope we will see in future too. Now since when i got a job i can start playing with LN2 more and make some decent results for hwbot ranking. I ques im still lilbit unknown in overclocking community
    first what we have done after Start was flashing the BIOS to the F3-VCore.
    But after this we have some crazy trouble with the BIOS setting and we decide to use good old F4 what we also use in Qualifiing.

We tested a lot with the VTT in all our older session we see that more than 1.4V don't brings any advantage arround 1.4V was all time the sweet spot.

1.36-1.42V VTT works best on all Clarkdales what we tested.
    The CPU this weekend mostly likes 1.4V VTT.

the rest of the BIOS setting was:

1.9V VCore (Max in F4 but CPU Scales nicely)
    1.4V VTT
    1.3V PCH
    1.5V PLL
    1.7V DRAM

QPI Multi all time on 28x cas. not tested others and this works quite good.

2:8 Memory Divider and 7-8-7-20 1T on the Memory (not tested Lower)
    for Burn test aver Step in CL brings one Sec.!

Today we had some LN2 here and if I am bored of retail Gulftown I will test the i5-670 from the weekend another time with a little bit more tweaking, I think this CPU can do much more than on the Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Junksu View Post
    Hi guys and thanks for everyone who where there present - it was nice meeting you all

Being the first time in event like this was exiting and special thanks to Gigabyte for organising the great event.

By the way, we used F4 also because we didn't manage to update the bios from the stick! So F4 still better with ln2! (who gave the idea of using F3-VCore bios, BenchBros? )
    Nope we didn't give this "tip" but after we put out max of the F4 we decided to switch to F3-VCore but there was no more time to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by SeMbEr View Post
    I read somwhere that coldbug was fixed only in F4 and newer bioses, dont know if thats tru or not but i think that F4 worked pretty well with LN2! Even if F3 was faster with spi but mhz difference was still on F4's side
    F4 is also not the best choice, we had crazy problems after we reset CMOS...
    we have to wait 2 min with post Code 75 until we go into BIOS. Also without and IDE/SATA/USB Divice connected

Aussie God
    Anyone managed 1050mhz ram???? We couldnt get that working

By the way; Im sure what REALLY happend was that benchbread sweet talked the chip in German, and therefore the chip ran faster!
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

I am Xtreme
    Did anyone take a close up picture of the batch of the cpu ... I forgot to write that down ... :-/
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme X.I.P
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    Did anyone take a close up picture of the batch of the cpu ... I forgot to write that down ... :-/
    you spent your time to right 10 full batch on black part of the PCB and not the main batch
    ***** Visit us on PCWorld.fr *****

I think it was L947C XXX I will take a look if I are at home!

@ Marc: BenchBread don't talks so much it is a quite bread but has the ultimativ Benchaura

€: L947C117
    Last edited by Kabauterman; 04-14-2010 at 06:02 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Other guys have a ghost... we have our Benchbread

Realy nice Video thanks to OverclockingTV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Mqo...layer_embedded

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabauterman View Post
    No problem from my site.

I found the best "Pinky pic" at the Austrians Collection
    Better late than never, here is the Austrians Collection: http://www.overclockers.at/articles/...5_oc_challenge

Text is certainly in German, but if you want to hurt yourself, here is the Google-translation.

Btw, I found this one on my camera. It shows the panicking Germans one minute after the deadline and they still can not transfer the screenshots of their results on the usb stick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	germans_in_panic.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	103356
    Last edited by _mat_; 04-20-2010 at 05:25 AM.

Hey guys! I just got the parts from gigabyte, yeah took a long time Just wanted to ask that, did others got excatly same cpu and mb what u used in final in Germany? I had different mobo and on cpu hs wasnt number "9". And was is supposed to be LCD monitor as a price too?(tough i heard somthing like that ) Im just curious
    Its time to get some LN2 soon, il report some pics and some results in next week on overclockin part! (Friday, saturday with thuban,sempron and 670)

I checked now whos mb and cpu i have, i think that is m.Beier's and THC's parts -.- Kinda dissapointed when it was supposed to be same parts what we used in competition. I know that our cpu had more on it with more voltages
    Can u tell me Marc what was cold boot bug on ur cpu and coldbug? Il test those parts in next week and i hope i get it clock lilbit better than in gbt comp!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12