Thread: What I've been working on for the past week...

Xtreme Enthusiast

What I've been working on for the past week...

Behold the CARDOMEGA (named after another similar stand on the market....too rich for my blood):

You have no idea the amount of swearing, blood, sweat and time that I poured into this...and to make a little f***up at the end too! Apparently when I glued them together (laminated for the engineering guys) the pressure was uneven and made one side lower than the other...luckily only by several millimeters and doesn't affect function but sure works me up. However, still satisfied and now I have a place to put my 'phones .

Brendan
    I BLEED TOXIC GREEN

Xtreme Addict
    A nail/hook on the wall next to your monitor wasnt good enough?
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

I'll try to be more constructive than the previous poster.

It looks like a lot of work and is quite a nice stand. Have you considered sealing it and painting it? That would add a further degree of class for little money if you're into that sort of aesthetic. It would also serve to protect your efforts from wear.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    A nail/hook on the wall next to your monitor wasnt good enough?
    Nope.
    I BLEED TOXIC GREEN

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ha...that is sweet!! Well done but I'm with Particle on this one...why not finish it off with a cover, paint, enamel... etc.? Would be a great conversation piece.

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    TBH I like it the way it is right now...looks more industrial and raw. Would match my cardboard chair perfectly.
    I BLEED TOXIC GREEN

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberspyder View Post
    TBH I like it the way it is right now...looks more industrial and raw. Would match my cardboard chair perfectly.
    A chair made out of returnable beer bottle cases wasnt good enough?

It just seems to me that the rough cut ends of the corrigated with the exposed hardened glue edges would do more wear and tear to the ear cups than a rounded nail or rubber dipped hook would do to the head support.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 03-21-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have the edges sanded so it's soft and fluffy.
    I BLEED TOXIC GREEN

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberspyder View Post
    I have the edges sanded so it's soft and fluffy.
    OMG

Post some pictures.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Intel i7 3770k
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░ ASUS GTX680
    ░░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░░ ASUS Maximun V Gene
    ░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░░ Mushkin 8GB Blackline
    ░░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█░░░░ Crucial M4 256GB
    ░░░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█░░░ Hitachi Deskstar 2TB x2
    ░░█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█░░ FSP 750W Gold
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Fractal Arc Mini

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice computer mouse, I have the same one
    Gaming rig
    Mountain mods Plateau-18 -- Core i7 980x 4ghz -- Msi big bang x-power -- 6gb Mushkin redline 998691 ddr3 1600 (6-7-6-18-1T) -- Gigabyte GTX580SO (900/1800/1100) -- Win7 64bit pro

Heatware