Thread: How do I figure out what type of panel and the pixel refresh ms for this TV?

Xtreme Addict

How do I figure out what type of panel and the pixel refresh ms for this TV?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+B...X400&cp=1&lp=1

I want to buy this Bravia but cannot find out what type of panel or refresh rate it has.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Xtreme Addict
    Refresh is 60Hz. Says it in the title.

I would almost guarantee it uses a TN panels based on the price.
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by EniGmA1987 View Post
    Refresh is 60Hz. Says it in the title.

I would almost guarantee it uses a TN panels based on the price.
    Are you freeking serious?? Yes I know its a 60Hz TV. I want to know the pixel responce speed.... in ms.

I contacted Sony but they WONT tell me the type of panel used or its pixel refresh rate!!!

'F' Sony then. Im going to just buy the Scepter 32" TN panel with 6ms responce time for $340
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 03-19-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Xtreme Mentor
    Get a stop watch, I prefer the sport ones. To get the exact response time, you turn the tv on to your HTPC. You go to microsoft paint and click the bucket to paint the background in gray paint. Next you paint it all white. Now this is where the stop watch comes into play. You will simultaneously press start on the stop watch when you click white and end on gray. You stop the stop watch when the color ends on gray the second time, and the resulting time is your ms response time. Have fun! My best is 12ms.
    Last edited by Nanometer; 03-20-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: wrong colors, thanks SB
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

c[_]
    Sony uses Samsung panels almost exclusively... so whatever a similar Samsung panel is, it will be close probably.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    Get a stop watch, I prefer the sport ones. To get the exact response time, you turn the tv on to your HTPC. You go to microsoft paint and click the bucket to paint the background in black paint. Next you paint it all white. Now this is where the stop watch comes into play. You will simultaneously press start on the stop watch and white from the black color and then back to white. You stop the stop watch when the color ends on black the second time, and the resulting time is your ms response time. Have fun! My best is 12ms.
    Except that pixel response time is measured in Grey-to-Grey (GTG)
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340