Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antec 902 and 360Rad

Antec 902 and 360Rad

Hey guys im new to the forums but have been reading over them a far bit last few months.
    i currently have 2 thermaltake 120mm rads but they are seriously bad -.-
    Im looking at the XSPC RS360 Black Radiator just wondering will it fit into the front of a 902? And will i be able to fit in 2 hard drive in ther... any one done this before?
    Or should i just go for the XSPC RS240 Black Radiator? This way i will be able to fit the HDD cage in ther but removing the cage and doing some mods for hte HDD's wont be a problem
    Thanks

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by geomor View Post
    Hey guys im new to the forums but have been reading over them a far bit last few months.
    i currently have 2 thermaltake 120mm rads but they are seriously bad -.-
    Im looking at the XSPC RS360 Black Radiator just wondering will it fit into the front of a 902? And will i be able to fit in 2 hard drive in ther... any one done this before?
    Or should i just go for the XSPC RS240 Black Radiator? This way i will be able to fit the HDD cage in ther but removing the cage and doing some mods for hte HDD's wont be a problem
    Thanks
    I have a GTX360 front mounted internally in the 900. I had to remove all of the drives though and they are mounted on the sides of the case between the panels and the main cage Not a bad solution overall though!

Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    I have a GTX360 front mounted internally in the 900. I had to remove all of the drives though and they are mounted on the sides of the case between the panels and the main cage Not a bad solution overall though!
    Thats an idea
    but are you using sata or ssd drives? because i recently bought some 1.5tb sata drives and they are dam thick. Also can i ask what pump are you using and where did you mount it?

Xtreme Addict
    Thats an idea
    but are you using sata or ssd drives? because i recently bought some 1.5tb sata drives and they are dam thick. Also can i ask what pump are you using and where did you mount it?
    I use 2 DDC 3.2s with an EK Dual Turbo Top (Rev1.0). They are mounted at the bottom of the case, between the PSU and the drive cage area using an UNdesign pump bracket. I use one slim-line 3.5inch hard disk but if I ever wanted to use more drives then I would go to 2.5inch drives or SSD. You can always try to stack the drives between the PSU and the front mounted rad as well. I think there is enough clearance as long as you are not using push-pull.

I use 2 DDC 3.2s with an EK Dual Turbo Top (Rev1.0). They are mounted at the bottom of the case, between the PSU and the drive cage area using an UNdesign pump bracket. I use one slim-line 3.5inch hard disk but if I ever wanted to use more drives then I would go to 2.5inch drives or SSD. You can always try to stack the drives between the PSU and the front mounted rad as well. I think there is enough clearance as long as you are not using push-pull.
    Thanks for that also i haven't got enough room in between my PSU and the hdd cage where the radiator will go because of my koolance pump. I will be using push pull as well but i should have enough room to fit the pump down there i hope As you use the slime line HDD i don't think i will be able to fit my seagate drives in between the back panel and the mobo tray. Im sure they are 27mm thick. I have not measured the clearance from the two trays but im sure its not that much of a gap...

Xtreme Mentor
    Do you need push pull? Not on an XSPC RX. The RS is old, think about more modern rads that would be fine with meduim fans.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Quote Originally Posted by Conumdrum View Post
    Do you need push pull? Not on an XSPC RX. The RS is old, think about more modern rads that would be fine with meduim fans.
    i was thinking push pull because antec already has two fans on the front of the case so if they are there why not have it in push pull? Although im still deciding if i still want to completely remove all the fans and replace them with some xigamatek ones. My budget isn't high enough for the RX, i was actually looking at the EK-CoolStream RAD XT (360) but im not sure if it is as good or better then the XSPC....

Xtreme Addict
    i was thinking push pull because antec already has two fans on the front of the case so if they are there why not have it in push pull? Although im still deciding if i still want to completely remove all the fans and replace them with some xigamatek ones. My budget isn't high enough for the RX, i was actually looking at the EK-CoolStream RAD XT (360) but im not sure if it is as good or better then the XSPC....
    If the prices in Australia are comparable to Europe (meaning the MCR and Coolstream XT cost the same), then get the MCR. It performs better and is thinner, meaning you have more room for fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    If the prices in Australia are comparable to Europe (meaning the MCR and Coolstream XT cost the same), then get the MCR. It performs better and is thinner, meaning you have more room for fans .
    well i lookd at perfomance-pc and ther price is just to high but there cheap on there fittings i found but to get them here in Australia is just to expensive. At chilled-pc i found the MCR to be alot cheaper probably around 40$ aus cheaper so im going to go with that. PS i mounted the HDD's to the side of the case i will take a pic later and show

Xtreme Addict
    I really want to see your HDD mounting solution. I wonder if it is similar to what I did.

I mounted 3 hard drives to the sides of the bay dives basically in between both panels. Im currently at work at the moment but when i get home i will take the photos and upload straight away! Now just waiting on my 360 rad and some xspc tubing to come from Tom from Chilled-Pc

Edit: heres the photos sorry for bad quality my camera got water damage now using phone camera 8mp so not bad lol

Last edited by geomor; 03-17-2010 at 03:22 AM.

sory for double post : S

Xtreme Addict
    I mounted 3 hard drives to the sides of the bay dives basically in between both panels. Im currently at work at the moment but when i get home i will take the photos and upload straight away! Now just waiting on my 360 rad and some xspc tubing to come from Tom from Chilled-Pc

Edit: heres the photos sorry for bad quality my camera got water damage now using phone camera 8mp so not bad lol

sory for double post : S
    That's exactly what I have done in my case. So the panels actually close without issues? It looks like the 902 is a bit easier to work with than the 900 because it seems that there is quite a bit of space around those drives. I did not notice so much space around mine mounted on those same panels on the 900.
    Last edited by dejanh; 03-17-2010 at 06:59 AM.

That's exactly what I have done in my case. So the panels actually close without issues? It looks like the 902 is a bit easier to work with than the 900 because it seems that there is quite a bit of space around those drives. I did not notice so much space around mine mounted on those same panels on the 900.
    haha yeah the panels do close but its a really tight fit, i think the hdd's are actually touching the panel but it does close and there is no bulge on the outer panels. Ive never seen a 900 so i cant say if it was easier or not, Although i had to drill some holes for them to mount on properly but i could use some of the existing ones that where there so that helped alot. Just waiting on the 360 RAD and some new bitspower fittings and ill be all sweet to go hope it all fits

Xtreme Addict
    haha yeah the panels do close but its a really tight fit, i think the hdd's are actually touching the panel but it does close and there is no bulge on the outer panels. Ive never seen a 900 so i cant say if it was easier or not, Although i had to drill some holes for them to mount on properly but i could use some of the existing ones that where there so that helped alot. Just waiting on the 360 RAD and some new bitspower fittings and ill be all sweet to go hope it all fits
    Oh it will, no worries. Sweet setup I really like maximizing the space. I am redoing my loop now a bit (adding VGA blocks) but I will post pics after it is done

Hope to see those pics real soon looking forward to them! All there is to do is find some brackets to mount the rad i found the UN desing brackets http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=26190. IS there any other brackets that are for sale?

Xtreme Addict
    Hope to see those pics real soon looking forward to them! All there is to do is find some brackets to mount the rad i found the UN desing brackets http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=26190. IS there any other brackets that are for sale?
    When I used MCR320-Stack combination I made my own brackets from L-brackets and some M3 screws and nuts. However, I have since gotten rid of the stack and replaced it with a GTX360 in push-pull and I use those exact brackets you posted up there to mount it. They work really well if you want an "out of the box" solution. Otherwise, you can always make your own like I did originally out of L-brackets (corner brackets) and some screws/nuts.

To save me around 35$ i think im going to make my own brackets out of some aluminum and just powder coat them black or so. In your antec did you use the front fans that came with the case? or did you replace them and put three aftermarket fans just behind the mesh? If you have a picture would you be able to post it, if that's no trouble?

Xtreme Addict
    To save me around 35$ i think im going to make my own brackets out of some aluminum and just powder coat them black or so. In your antec did you use the front fans that came with the case? or did you replace them and put three aftermarket fans just behind the mesh? If you have a picture would you be able to post it, if that's no trouble?
    Yup, makes perfect sense. And yes, I can post a pic but you will have to give me an hour or so. I am in the middle of testing the new Cat. 10.3a driver

Yup, makes perfect sense. And yes, I can post a pic but you will have to give me an hour or so. I am in the middle of testing the new Cat. 10.3a driver
    Thanks for that much appreciated, Good luck with the driver what card you running?

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for that much appreciated, Good luck with the driver what card you running?
    Singe MSI R5850 for now on water using Komodo FC block. Second should be incoming in a few days. Just passed 20 minutes in Furmark 1.8 at 1920x1200, 8xMSAA with 1000MHz/1300MHz on core/mem with ~1.262V.

Singe MSI R5850 for now on water using Komodo FC block. Second should be incoming in a few days. Just passed 20 minutes in Furmark 1.8 at 1920x1200, 8xMSAA with 1000MHz/1300MHz on core/mem with ~1.262V.
    Seems to be a good card i guess? Hold up alright no over heating? What was the FPS like? Im running a 5770 at the moment going to go xfire soon but just waiting on the water blocks to arrive so i can clock them further

Xtreme Addict
    Seems to be a good card i guess? Hold up alright no over heating? What was the FPS like? Im running a 5770 at the moment going to go xfire soon but just waiting on the water blocks to arrive so i can clock them further
    Well, it's on water so it's not too bad. Komodo has a problem with VRM cooling since the pad does not provide the best contact but I cannot use paste method as the block makes no contact then with the VRM. I've settled on a stable overclock now, artifact free and Furmark stable...1000MHz/1280MHz (5120MHz effective). I can run memory higher without crashing but it starts to throttle due to errors. It is error free up to 1285MHz on memory which is 5140MHz effective

By the way, here is a lousy pic of the rad in the front. You can see it is not all the way flush to the grills. There is no space. It sits about 1.5" - 2" back from the front grills. Ideally it would be flush against the grills. I think that would drop temps a bit more. This way I think it sucks in some warmer air from inside the case but it's not too bad. I can still run 4.65GHz stable with HT enabled on my i7 920 D0

Last edited by dejanh; 03-17-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Well, it's on water so it's not too bad. Komodo has a problem with VRM cooling since the pad does not provide the best contact but I cannot use paste method as the block makes no contact then with the VRM. I've settled on a stable overclock now, artifact free and Furmark stable...1000MHz/1280MHz (5120MHz effective). I can run memory higher without crashing but it starts to throttle due to errors. It is error free up to 1285MHz on memory which is 5140MHz effective

By the way, here is a lousy pic of the rad in the front. You can see it is not all the way flush to the grills. There is no space. It sits about 1.5" - 2" back from the front grills. Ideally it would be flush against the grills. I think that would drop temps a bit more. This way I think it sucks in some warmer air from inside the case but it's not too bad. I can still run 4.65GHz stable with HT enabled on my i7 920 D0

Well done on the clock its still a pretty good mark, have tried a thicker pad maybe? might provide a bit more contact... but getting 1000/1280 is still a pretty decent over clock. Anyways thanks for the photo cleared up alot of confusion lol. I might mount it the same but i wanted to use the fan filters... ill see what i can do when i get the rad and the fans

Xtreme Addict
    Well done on the clock its still a pretty good mark, have tried a thicker pad maybe? might provide a bit more contact... but getting 1000/1280 is still a pretty decent over clock. Anyways thanks for the photo cleared up alot of confusion lol. I might mount it the same but i wanted to use the fan filters... ill see what i can do when i get the rad and the fans
    The pad itself is an issue. Pads are only "ok" for transferring heat. They also act as insulators. I don't want fan filters because I do not want any intake being restricted. I am not sure how much it would affect things but I don't want to risk it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast