Thread: How to get bubbles out of your loop..

Xtreme Enthusiast

How to get bubbles out of your loop..

I have a decent amount of bubbles at the top of my res.. whats the best way to get rid of them and what kind of problems do bubbles create in the first place?

I am Xtreme
    What type of res? How full is it? Is the cap off?

Generally, bubbles at the top of the res are of little concern as they will eventually disappear.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    What type of res? How full is it? Is the cap off?

Generally, bubbles at the top of the res are of little concern as they will eventually disappear.
    Its been about a week and the bubbles are still there.

The res is about 95% full and its a inadh 250. I didnt have it full first but the noise of the water dripping from the top to the bottom was annoying so I topped it off. I can take a pic tonight if needed.

Xtreme Member
    I ran my loop on low speed for like a couple of days when bleeding it, also with the cap on the res off during that time. I think the trick is to lower the pump speed to allow the bubbles to follow the path of least resistance so they can escape...someone correct me if I'm wrong

Xtreme Member
    Did you put any funny things into your coolant mix?
    I'm inclined to suspect there's some contaminants in your coolant that is causing the bubbles.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Screw res caps on pretty tight and tip your system over each direction practically 90 degrees, do this a few times in a day, after that just wait, if there is no leak then no reason to hurry. Give it time.

Xtreme Member
    If your outlet (on your res) is not sucking bubbles into the loop, you should be fine. Like previous mentioned, is there additives in your loop, cause some additives sometimes create foam or lots of tiny bubbles that accumulates at the top of the water in the res.

Also, have water coming in from the top of your res and breaking the water surface in your res will make you get air bubbles also.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jim0ne View Post
    If your outlet (on your res) is not sucking bubbles into the loop, you should be fine. Like previous mentioned, is there additives in your loop, cause some additives sometimes create foam or lots of tiny bubbles that accumulates at the top of the water in the res.

Also, have water coming in from the top of your res and breaking the water surface in your res will make you get air bubbles also.
    I am using the top port of the res to put the water into the res. The only coolant I used is distilled water with a silvercoil on one of the front ports.

Do you think its because I used the top of the res to put the water in?

Here is how im putting water in and out of my res.

Xtreme Member
    Did you tilt your case while bleeding? I could be air stuck ie. in the rad and slowly bleeding out.

a pic of your loop would help
    ATCS 840| Core i7 920 - 4.2Ghz - H20| Corsair Dominator GT 1600Mhz 6GB| EVGA X58 Classified| GTX480 2-Way SLI| WD 640GB X2 (Raid 0)| Corsair HX1000W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ill take some pics tonight and no I never had it tilted so ill try that tonight.

Xtreme Member
    Pics would be great... if you take a cup of water (no bubbles) and pour water in, some bubbles will form. Same concept with the falling water in the res. As i stated before, if the outlet is not sucking bubbles into the loop, there's no problem.

Xtreme Addict
    If you have the inlet at the top, and no tube inside the res to lead the water down, then you'll have bubble issues Air from the top of the res will get pushed down together with the water, and sucked into the pump.
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Member
    I usually shake/tilt my system a bit when bleeding it, I can hear the water swishing in my top mounted radiator.
    Reservoir mounted in the bottom of my case, but it forces the bubbles out pretty quickly.
    Let it run overnight with just the pump on to make sure the small bubbles are out (made a wall plug DC 12V adapter for this).
    Afterwards, no swishing sounds..
    "Red Dwarf", SFF gaming PC
    Winner of the ASUS Xtreme Design Competition
    Sponsors...ASUS, Swiftech, Intel, Samsung, G.Skill, Antec, Razer
    Hardware..[Maximus III GENE, Core i7-860 @ 4.1Ghz, 4GB DDR3-2200, HD5870, 256GB SSD]
    Water.......[Apogee XT CPU, MCW60-R2 GPU, 2x 240mm radiators, MCP350 pump]