MMM
    X

    Subscribe to New Ads!

    Receive weekly ads in your inbox!



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: The best Cooling/Water-Cooling shop in UK?

  1. #1

    Arrow The best Cooling/Water-Cooling shop in UK?

    Men! please guide me to the best Cooling/Water-Cooling shop/online shop in UK!

    my brother would be in Manchester next week and I need :

    ArctiClean 2x
    Arctic Silver 5 12g 1x
    Arctic Cooling MX-3 4g 1x
    Shin-Etsu G751 1x
    Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra 1x
    Nuke -PHN 2x
    Nuke -Cu 1x
    G11 Coolant
    Swiftech HydrX Coolant 1x
    Swiftech SmartCoils 500 (for 1/2in. OD Tubing) 1x

    + Some Thermal Pads
    + ATX Power Supply Bypass Adapter 1x - FOR EASE !!

    looking for the best prices, BOLD is important - any suggestion is welcome

    Say no to Amazon.co.uk!!
    Last edited by HamidFULL; 03-16-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: update
    www.HotOverclock.com Founder & Editor in Chief
    ---------------------
    Upgrading to X58 ...

    Q6600 G0 @ 3.8GHz FSB 423MHz w/Swiftech H2O 120 Compact Dual 120mm fan Last OC Details Here
    abit IX38 QuadGT Rev1.0 (X38 Rev.01)
    4x1GB Patriot +SL PC2-6400 Based on Aeneon AET760UD00-25D Chips! @ 1:1 1000MHz 5-4-4-8 2.0v
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 A2 Normal Edition @ Core 820MHz Mem 2100MHz
    Display 19" LG FLATRON L1960TR LCD Contrast 3000:1 Response Time 2ms Lightning Fast!! w/f-Engine Chip and DFC Technology
    HDD 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250820AS
    HDD 120GB Maxtor Max.10 6L120M0

    PSU Zalman ZM1000-HP 1000 Watt Six 12v Rail and Dual Seperate Board
    A4Tech X7 Gaming Mouse X-750BF Dual Laser Engin w/2500DPI
    More about my Memory : it can do 950MHz 4-4-4-8 2.0v Stable and 1100MHz 5-7-7-12 2.2v Stable and 1200MHz 6-8-8-21 2.3v not Stable!

  2. #2
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    108
    chilled pc?
    Another TJ-07 Builder
    Worklog Pending

  3. #3
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    川崎市
    Posts
    2,076
    Chilledpc is highly recommended, only good experience there

    But if you need specific items in a limited timeframe you are pretty much screwed in the uk as there is no such thing as one big shop that has everything in stock.

  4. #4
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    462
    Yea I've gotten really excellent customer service from Tom @ ChilledPC and many times. I really suggest them.
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

  5. #5
    Thanks a lot friends, I checked ChilledPC its really good but what about :

    http://specialtech.co.uk/
    http://www.tekheads.co.uk/
    http://quietpc.com/

    ?
    www.HotOverclock.com Founder & Editor in Chief
    ---------------------
    Upgrading to X58 ...

    Q6600 G0 @ 3.8GHz FSB 423MHz w/Swiftech H2O 120 Compact Dual 120mm fan Last OC Details Here
    abit IX38 QuadGT Rev1.0 (X38 Rev.01)
    4x1GB Patriot +SL PC2-6400 Based on Aeneon AET760UD00-25D Chips! @ 1:1 1000MHz 5-4-4-8 2.0v
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 A2 Normal Edition @ Core 820MHz Mem 2100MHz
    Display 19" LG FLATRON L1960TR LCD Contrast 3000:1 Response Time 2ms Lightning Fast!! w/f-Engine Chip and DFC Technology
    HDD 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250820AS
    HDD 120GB Maxtor Max.10 6L120M0

    PSU Zalman ZM1000-HP 1000 Watt Six 12v Rail and Dual Seperate Board
    A4Tech X7 Gaming Mouse X-750BF Dual Laser Engin w/2500DPI
    More about my Memory : it can do 950MHz 4-4-4-8 2.0v Stable and 1100MHz 5-7-7-12 2.2v Stable and 1200MHz 6-8-8-21 2.3v not Stable!

  6. #6
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland / Sunny England
    Posts
    1,362
    http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/

    Doesn't have so much of the swiftech stuff but they are pretty good

    ~Bex
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

    PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

    PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

    Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

  7. #7
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,653
    I have only good words to say about chilled pc...
    Project ZEUS II

    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 D0 3930A @ 4.50GHz (21 X 214mhz)
    3 x 2GB G.Skill Trident 1600 @ 1716MHz (6-8-6-20-1N)
    2 x Asus HD 6870 CrossFire @ 1000/1100MHz
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Intel X25-M 120GB | WD Velociraptor 150GB | Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB esata
    Asus Xonar DX | Logitech Z-5500 | LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS LCD

    Watercooling setup:
    1st loop -> Radiator: 2 x ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.25 with Alphacool HF 38 top | CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT | Chipset: Swiftech MCW-NBMAX | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV
    2nd loop -> Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.2 with Alphacool HF 38 top | GPU: 2 x EK FC-6870 | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV


    Assembled in Mountain Mods Ascension Trinity
    Powered by Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200

  8. #8
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belfast NI
    Posts
    374
    I made a list not so long ago:
    http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/water...ores-list.html

    I use:
    Specialtech - slowish shipping for me but i am in belfast so i am sure they are quicker to mainland uk.
    ChilledPC - only good experiences from there so far.
    WCUK - good value and fast imo
    CandC - i try to use them more too, they have a decent range and are also fast

    ASUS Rampage II Ex 1504
    Intel i7 920 D0 3850A795
    Sapphire HD5970 EK FC 1Ghz/1150Mhz 1.237v
    OS Intel X25-M RAID0
    Data 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200/32Mb
    OCZ Reaper 6GB/1800/C8
    BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 1200w
    1X 18w DDC3.2 w/XSPC Res Top
    1X 18w DDC3.25 w/XSPC Res Top
    1X XSPC Submersible Pump/Res w/RS120mm
    HW Labs GTX480 4x120mm
    TFC Monsta 6x140mm
    EK Supreme LT 3/8" Feser Tubing
    EK IOH/SB and Mosfet Blocks
    Lian Li V2110 w/EX-34
    26" Iiyama Prolite

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    2,624
    Specialtech for the incredible customer service and price matching, plus they'll order you pretty much anything you want. Their 1-3 day supersaver shipping option has always been next day for me too.

    As general advice I wouldnt bother with the PHN, G11 or Hydrx, they're a total waste of time. Stick with Pure distilled water and a silver killcoil. If the only metals you have in your loop are copper/brass/nickel then you won't have any need for corrosion inhibitors anyway. Pure distilled is better than any of the specially formulated (snake oil) coolants out there.

    Smartcoils are the same as any other anti-kink coil out there. You shouldn't really need them unless you're planning on making your tubing into a knot. Just plan your loop properly so you have short, straight runs and as few turns as possible. This will stand you better in useage than just using kink coils and tight bends in tubing.

  10. #10
    Xtreme Member JaD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by naokaji View Post
    Chilledpc is highly recommended, only good experience there

    But if you need specific items in a limited timeframe you are pretty much screwed in the uk as there is no such thing as one big shop that has everything in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpy View Post
    Yea I've gotten really excellent customer service from Tom @ ChilledPC and many times. I really suggest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBar View Post
    I have only good words to say about chilled pc...
    +1

  11. #11
    My own little world
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Septic Isle
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by JaD View Post
    +1
    +2

    About to drop my bonus there. I need new clocks, my XSPC Delta's are getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

  12. #12
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    2,624
    I've had constant poor service from chilledpc - won't use them anymore. I've found them rude and unhelpful, plus they've flat out refused to pay for my return postage on faulty goods and incorrect items on my orders. Any saving from the low prices has been blown out the water by having to have paid out of my own pocket to return 4 items from 3 orders. The sent me the wrong item on my first order, wrong item again on my second order and had to send back 2 Apogee XT's on my third and final order - all at my own cost.

    Big fat thumbs down for ChilledPC, theyve cost me days of build time and around £20 in return postage fees. Tom even suggested I was incompetent and at fault for the problem when I found the XT backplate POM insert issue. Bunch of cretins imo!

  13. #13
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    245
    Specialtech, fantastic service.

  14. #14
    Noob Overclocker
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kringe in die bos
    Posts
    425
    The Chilledpc experience seems to differ from person to person. I've found their communication is terrible, but they have a whole load of niche stuff that cant be found elsewhere.
    Watercoolinguk.co.uk is based in Manchester I think, so you might be able to pick stuff up.

    Others:
    Specialtech
    Coolercases
    overclock
    scan.co.uk (does some stuff)
    thecoolingshop
    Zombie Killer Corsair 700D with Quad Rad mod+240 rad mod/Asus Maximus III Formula/i5 750 @ 4Ghz/8GB GSkill Trident/HIS HD 6990/Dell u2711/120GB Kingston SSD Now!/All under EK watercooling goodness!
    HTPC Lian Li V354B/i5 750/4GB Corsair/MSI HD5770/60GB GSkill Phoenix/Corsair H50/EVGA P55 Micro SLi

  15. #15
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    145
    nothing but good with me and ChilledPC...my recommendation anyway
    CPU:Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz (4.05GHz for bench)
    CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800D
    RAM:4GB OCZ SLi RAM @ 800 Mhz 5-4-4-15
    MOBO:EVGA 780i SLi MB
    GPU:Sapphire 5870
    PSU:Corsair HX850
    RAM COOLING: Dominator Airflow RAM Cooler
    HDD1:WD raptor 150 Gb 10,000 RPM
    HDD2:Samsung 500GB 7,200 RPM
    Monitor:LG 24" Flatron W2452T
    OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    RAD:Thermochill Pa120.3
    CPU BLOCK:Swiftech GTZ
    PUMP:Laing DDC 12V 18w Pump With XSPC Top
    RES: EK 150 Res

  16. #16
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    2,624
    Didnt know WC-UK had retail premises. They're not *that* far from me in an emergency if they're manchester based, happy days .

  17. #17
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    497
    Chilled PC all the way. No one else comes close, and believe me, I've used most

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly_K View Post
    Chilled PC all the way. No one else comes close, and believe me, I've used most
    +1 on that

  19. #19
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    739
    ChilledPC - hmm a difficult one. They are sometimes good and sometimes poor. When I was living in Manchester I do seem to remember that WatercoolingUK was based not far away.

    I'd say pay the extra for international shipping and go with a top quality operation like Petras or Performance PC's - nothing but fantastic service from both of those stores.
    [Project] : Altair | A Lian-Li PC-P80, dual loop, all internal build. Written as a tutorial for any newcomers

    Hardware
    Core i7 920 D0 | 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz CL8 RAM | 2x EVGA GTX 285 SLI | ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | ASUS Xonar D2X
    2x Intel X-25M SSD | Corsair HX-1000W | Lian-Li PC-P80 | Dell 3008WFP 30"

    Watercooling Gear (Dual Loop)
    Koolance 350AT (CPU Loop) | 2x Koolance VID-NX285 (GPU Loop) | 2x Laing DDC 3.2 / XSPC Acrylic top Rev. 3 | 2x EK Multioption 150 Res Ver. 2 | 2x Thermochill PA 120.3 |
    6x Scythe S-Flex 1200 RPM Fans | 7/16" Primochill Pro Green LRT | 7/16" Primochill Pro Blue LRT | B.P. Silver Shiny 1\2" Barbs | Alphacool Ball Valve / B.P. M-M Rotary fill-port / drain | Bitspower Black Freezer AIX58NS NB/SB (GPU Loop)| Black Freezer MOS AMOSII POM Version (GPU Loop)| Bitspower Black Freezer MOS AMOSIII POM Version (GPU Loop)

  20. #20
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    334
    Definetly Chilled PC.
    Tom is a great guy that can do very much custom mods, and they have great prices and ship fast.
    Ordered almost everything for my TJ07 build from him.
    Project TJ07 WeeMaan edition in progress...

    i7 920 @ 4,4ghz, P6T Deluxe, Corsair Dominator 6Gb, HD5870, OCZ Vertex 60gb + Samsung F1 1tb

    Heatkiller copper, EK 5870, Thermochill 120.4, DDC 3.2

  21. #21
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    482
    Bought my first parts from Tom and have never felt the need to go anywhere else. Happy so far!

  22. #22

    Arrow Thanks All

    Quote Originally Posted by RCG_Bex View Post
    http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/

    Doesn't have so much of the swiftech stuff but they are pretty good

    ~Bex
    Thank you Bex, they are in Manchester - very nice option
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBar View Post
    I have only good words to say about chilled pc...
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by affiliate13 View Post
    I made a list not so long ago:
    http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/water...ores-list.html

    I use:
    Specialtech - slowish shipping for me but i am in belfast so i am sure they are quicker to mainland uk.
    ChilledPC - only good experiences from there so far.
    WCUK - good value and fast imo
    CandC - i try to use them more too, they have a decent range and are also fast
    Woot!! great list thanks a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    Specialtech for the incredible customer service and price matching, plus they'll order you pretty much anything you want. Their 1-3 day supersaver shipping option has always been next day for me too.

    As general advice I wouldnt bother with the PHN, G11 or Hydrx, they're a total waste of time. Stick with Pure distilled water and a silver killcoil. If the only metals you have in your loop are copper/brass/nickel then you won't have any need for corrosion inhibitors anyway. Pure distilled is better than any of the specially formulated (snake oil) coolants out there.

    Smartcoils are the same as any other anti-kink coil out there. You shouldn't really need them unless you're planning on making your tubing into a knot. Just plan your loop properly so you have short, straight runs and as few turns as possible. This will stand you better in useage than just using kink coils and tight bends in tubing.
    Great! totally true
    Quote Originally Posted by JaD View Post
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by InSanCen View Post
    +2

    About to drop my bonus there. I need new clocks, my XSPC Delta's are getting a bit long in the tooth.
    +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Barso View Post
    Specialtech, fantastic service.
    oh! another vote!
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingTurtle View Post
    The Chilledpc experience seems to differ from person to person. I've found their communication is terrible, but they have a whole load of niche stuff that cant be found elsewhere.
    Watercoolinguk.co.uk is based in Manchester I think, so you might be able to pick stuff up.

    Others:
    Specialtech
    Coolercases
    overclock
    scan.co.uk (does some stuff)
    thecoolingshop
    thanks for explains but Watercoolinguk.co.uk prices is a bit high I should check thecoolingshop and Coolercases
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshman666 View Post
    nothing but good with me and ChilledPC...my recommendation anyway

    Quote Originally Posted by Olly_K View Post
    Chilled PC all the way. No one else comes close, and believe me, I've used most
    popular Chilled PC
    Quote Originally Posted by geomor View Post
    +1 on that
    -1 just for fun - thanks bro
    Quote Originally Posted by eponymous View Post
    ChilledPC - hmm a difficult one. They are sometimes good and sometimes poor. When I was living in Manchester I do seem to remember that WatercoolingUK was based not far away.

    I'd say pay the extra for international shipping and go with a top quality operation like Petras or Performance PC's - nothing but fantastic service from both of those stores.
    Petra is the best - but I couldnt go with international shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeMaan View Post
    Definetly Chilled PC.
    Tom is a great guy that can do very much custom mods, and they have great prices and ship fast.
    Ordered almost everything for my TJ07 build from him.
    nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by woffen View Post
    Bought my first parts from Tom and have never felt the need to go anywhere else. Happy so far!
    www.HotOverclock.com Founder & Editor in Chief
    ---------------------
    Upgrading to X58 ...

    Q6600 G0 @ 3.8GHz FSB 423MHz w/Swiftech H2O 120 Compact Dual 120mm fan Last OC Details Here
    abit IX38 QuadGT Rev1.0 (X38 Rev.01)
    4x1GB Patriot +SL PC2-6400 Based on Aeneon AET760UD00-25D Chips! @ 1:1 1000MHz 5-4-4-8 2.0v
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 A2 Normal Edition @ Core 820MHz Mem 2100MHz
    Display 19" LG FLATRON L1960TR LCD Contrast 3000:1 Response Time 2ms Lightning Fast!! w/f-Engine Chip and DFC Technology
    HDD 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250820AS
    HDD 120GB Maxtor Max.10 6L120M0

    PSU Zalman ZM1000-HP 1000 Watt Six 12v Rail and Dual Seperate Board
    A4Tech X7 Gaming Mouse X-750BF Dual Laser Engin w/2500DPI
    More about my Memory : it can do 950MHz 4-4-4-8 2.0v Stable and 1100MHz 5-7-7-12 2.2v Stable and 1200MHz 6-8-8-21 2.3v not Stable!

  23. #23
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    847
    ChilledPC
    Fast delivery and a good range of products.


    TheCoolingShop

    Avoid! - Ordered something on there once and got the wrong product in the post. Did not respond to emails, finally got a contact number after searching via Google. Was promised a phone call back and never got one.

    If it ain't watercooled, I don't wanna know.

  24. #24
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland / Sunny England
    Posts
    1,362
    Chilled PC are hit and miss - I hear good and bad things about Tom. Sometimes his work his great, sometimes it's extremely poor and late.

    My experience is neutral, only ordered once. Can't say much. Had plenty of deals with rob, very quick to reply to problems etc.

    ~Bex
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

    PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

    PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

    Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

  25. #25
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belfast NI
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by RCG_Bex View Post
    Chilled PC are hit and miss - I hear good and bad things about Tom. Sometimes his work his great, sometimes it's extremely poor and late.

    My experience is neutral, only ordered once. Can't say much. Had plenty of deals with rob, very quick to reply to problems etc.

    ~Bex
    Was this for custom work, like painting and cutting etc?

    Someone else mentioned that before, i have only bought regular components so i cant comment on the other services outside of stocked items.

    ASUS Rampage II Ex 1504
    Intel i7 920 D0 3850A795
    Sapphire HD5970 EK FC 1Ghz/1150Mhz 1.237v
    OS Intel X25-M RAID0
    Data 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200/32Mb
    OCZ Reaper 6GB/1800/C8
    BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 1200w
    1X 18w DDC3.2 w/XSPC Res Top
    1X 18w DDC3.25 w/XSPC Res Top
    1X XSPC Submersible Pump/Res w/RS120mm
    HW Labs GTX480 4x120mm
    TFC Monsta 6x140mm
    EK Supreme LT 3/8" Feser Tubing
    EK IOH/SB and Mosfet Blocks
    Lian Li V2110 w/EX-34
    26" Iiyama Prolite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •