Thread: logitech g500 vs razer imperator

Xtreme Enthusiast

Question logitech g500 vs razer imperator

my steelseries ikaris (both optical and laser) failed on me and its way too time consuming to get a RMA from steelseries so i decide to just purchase a new mouse.

i would appreciate your inputs on the g500 and imperator. (please dont post if you dont own the mice) thank you.
    we going shh around the corner

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have an Imperator. Never having used a g500, I can't say it's better or worse, but that also will come down to user preference mostly.

Pros:
    -Tracks on my 5L mousepad when my G9 and Ikari Laser wouldn't. This is thanks to the Phillips twin-eye sensor.
    -Never skips or has negative acceleration
    -Adjustable position of the thumb buttons
    -Scroll wheel feels good

Cons:
    -In the 3+ months I've owned it, twice it's completely stopped working in-game and I've had to unplug and plug it back in. I'm not sure if this has to do with OC instability as I've been playing with it lately.
    -Left and right sides are glossy, I would rather have it textured for grip
    -Scroll wheel button is a little too heavy in my opinion
    -When you lift the mouse, the cursor will tend to move diagonally right and downards, so if you lift your mouse in-game then this might be annoying. This is thanks to the Phillips twin-eye sensor.

Hope that helps with your decision.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have the G500 and its allright, lots of buttons and you can program them however you want. I hade the G5 before that that and its good too. I never liked the Razer mouses much, dont like how they feel in the hand for some reason.
    Loonym...You are missed.

The element of one

Breathe me in
    Breathe me in

I disbelieve in separation. I close my eyes to see you.
    This is for you, everything I am. This is for you, take it from me.
    I, I disbelieve separation. I close my eyes
    there's no escaping me
    This is for you, everything I am. This is for you, take it from me.
    In your heart in your soul. I perceive rejuvenation

Breathe me in. I am forever. Deep within I am eternal.

I will return to you. I am with you always. I will never turn away from you.

I personally like the Imperator much more than the Logitech G9x. It's a lot more ergonomic and very comfortable to use. Obviously, this will vary on a person by person basis.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Get this mouse and never look back: http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35208800
    Best mouse ever made in my opinion

Xtreme Addict
    I bought a Logitech G500 recently to replace my Sidewinder, and I'm loving it!

For the price, it's the best mouse I've ever used.. Lots of buttons, and a DPI range up to 5700.

Unlike most mice, it has 10 programmable buttons rather than 9, and believe me, the extra button is more useful than you'd think..

In Mass Effect 2, I can map all of my powers to the mouse, which means I rarely ever use the pause function except to use a crewmate's power.
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    32 GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3400 CL15 CR1
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Western Digital Raptor 600GB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner with NEC chipset
    Antec HCP-1200w Power Supply
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
    Logitech G502 gaming mouse w/Razer Exact Mat
    Logitech G910 mechanical gaming keyboard
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Musho View Post
    Get this mouse and never look back: http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35208800
    Best mouse ever made in my opinion
    I much prefer this: http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35208800

Best in my hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I can highly recoment a newcomer from " Ace of sweden" called Ace edge 3200. The best mouse i have ever owned, and that include the MX518, G500, copperhead and G5 Also its very affordable for such a quality mouse
    The whole world's hip and thats not cool !

Rip Van Hippy

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected ?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

-------------------------

Xtreme Addict
    Razer gets sticky after a while, probably the reason why imperator doesn't have the same materials as previous razer mices, on the durability part Logitech > Razer.
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Xtreme Member
    I've had an mx518 and a Roccat Kone -- I was seriously looking into the imperator when I bought the Kone. I borrowed a friend's to try out, and it just didn't work well for me.. I find all razer mice feel sort of 'cheap' in your hands. Then again, it's a good mouse and it works great for him. If my mx518 is anything to go by though, logitechs are indestructible.
    Asus P6T SE || 965 XE @ 4.0GHz [currently OCing]|| OCz DDR3 Plat 3x2Gb 1600 7-7-7-20
    2x Sapphire HD4850 CrossfireX || WD VelociRaptor 300GB || Antec Quattro 1kW PSU

-------------------------------------------------
    Cooling:
    D-Tek FuZion v2 || Swiftech MCR320 || MCP355 w\ XSPC Res Top || Scythe S-Flexes

Xtreme Guru
    Logitech indestructible? My MX-510's right button stopped working properly, one of my MX-518's DPI switching stopped working and 2 other MX-518 have gotten lose cable connection (can be fixed at least temporarily by rerouting cable a bit inside tho). I still prefer MX-518 over all mice I've tested tho but I don't like the newest version of it that much, I prefer the one with the small mousefeet.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    Logitech indestructible? My MX-510's right button stopped working properly, one of my MX-518's DPI switching stopped working and 2 other MX-518 have gotten lose cable connection (can be fixed at least temporarily by rerouting cable a bit inside tho). I still prefer MX-518 over all mice I've tested tho but I don't like the newest version of it that much, I prefer the one with the small mousefeet.
    Dunno man, I got mine 5+ years ago and it's still tanking along after being thrown around in bags at lan parties, abused and used for 3+ years on a really rough wood table.

My sister's using it right now : P.
    Asus P6T SE || 965 XE @ 4.0GHz [currently OCing]|| OCz DDR3 Plat 3x2Gb 1600 7-7-7-20
    2x Sapphire HD4850 CrossfireX || WD VelociRaptor 300GB || Antec Quattro 1kW PSU

-------------------------------------------------
    Cooling:
    D-Tek FuZion v2 || Swiftech MCR320 || MCP355 w\ XSPC Res Top || Scythe S-Flexes

Xtreme Addict
    All I know is if you go with a razer buy extra mouse feet. Or you'll end up with a messed up mouse pad, which I have now have. Never throught to really be watching my mouse feet wear but they get shredded fast.
    Last edited by Glow9; 03-21-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Xtreme Addict
    g500....

stepless dpi and more solid/confortable

Xtreme Enthusiast
    probably gonna go with the g500 thanks for the input peoplez.
    we going shh around the corner

I know it's not one of the options you stated but I highly recommend ditching both Razer and Logitech for Nova Gamings Slider x600. I'm a heavy gamer and have used both of the mouses above and had nothing but problems with reliability and accuracy. The x600 uses ceramic feet which do not need replacing and move like ice on their mouse pads. They also offset the cord to the right side of the mouse, placing it out of harms way.
    I7 920 DO @ 4.2GHz
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
    12Gig OCZ Gold Cas 8 DDR3 1600
    OCZ Vertex Series 60 Gig SSD
    SeaGate Barracuda 1 tb HD
    SeaGate Barracuda 1.5 tb HD
    BFG GTX 295
    Corsair HX1000W
    Cooler Master Cosmos
    Vista 64bit
    3x Dual 220 Rads / Swiftech XT

Man I'll tell you. I wish I could find a, Wired, full size, Microsoft Blue Track without the stupid free rolling wheel. I did have a Logitech laser 5 button that had scroll wheel issues sometimes. It finally started to cut out and need to be re plugged every 5 min. So I bought a MS blue track from walmart in a hurry.

What is awesome about this mouse.
    The Teflon feet are huge.
    The Blue Track setup tracks on clear glass. I have tested it. It is always perfect.
    I can snipe better than ever. It glides effortlessly, and has a positive click feel.
    What sucks about this mouse.
    Basically everything else.
    It's too small.
    It eats batteries.
    The scroll wheel free scrolls=Useless
    The way you are forced to hold this mouse makes the thumb buttons useless.

All the microsoft full size mice I have found are either not blue track or if they are, the scroll wheel is free.
    I excel at Half Ass.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i've got a G500 at work and i hate it compared to my Razer Mamba that i use at home... G500 is good ifyou palm a mouse but im a finger tip guy and moving this big bastard around makes me cramp up, i dont even use any of the weights or anything in it... the adjustable DPI is nice... i've got the middle side button setup as a macro to zoom extents in autocad as well... i would have much rather gone with razer over the g500now that i have it... the logitech setpoint software lost its cookies and now i cant adjust my macros or dpi settings... my razer software works perfect on my home pc tho...

I'm becoming less and less of a logitech fan and this is even after purchasing a G27 wheel recently...
    SYSTEM
    i5-3750K @ 4.6ghz - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - 16GB Samsung DDR3 - Sapphire R7 370 Nitro 4GB
    Water Cooling
    EK Supremecy - DDC-3.2 w/XSPC Top -Swiftech MCR320-QP - EK Multioption 150