Thread: Work Unit errors

Xtreme Cruncher

Work Unit errors

not sure why ALL of my "Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2" work units errored out, and according to the CPU run time of those WU's, they only ran for a few minutes. does that mean my OC is not stable? i did a full stability test before installing BOINC, so not sure what else is wrong

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    They are probably bad WUs. I might be wrong, though.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme crazy bastid
    With that little run time I'd guess the same thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    There's a notorious problem with HPF2 on Vista and Win 7 machines... Many people just don't run them, cuz although most error in the first few minutes, a couple will go till they hit the time limit (50 hours iirc)

WCG couldn't find how to fix it and said it wasn't wide spread enough to justify further searching (again iirc)

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis11 View Post
    There's a notorious problem with HPF2 on Vista and Win 7 machines... Many people just don't run them, cuz although most error in the first few minutes, a couple will go till they hit the time limit (50 hours iirc)

WCG couldn't find how to fix it and said it wasn't wide spread enough to justify further searching (again iirc)
    ah thank you, i guess i missed this announcement regarding HPF2 somewhere. do you have a link to where they said this? not being able to run this on win7 or vista is not important enough for them? i think this is a huge deal considering most machines that aren't ancient are using either vista or win7. thanks though, i'll be disabling these WU's as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    unfortunately I don't remember the link (and it would take forever to find)... Their reason behind it was that MOST error out so soon that it's a non issue (to them anyway) and it works fine on XP and other non MS OSs...

Xtreme Cruncher
    I gave up on HPF2 which is a shame because its a good project. Problems are only on win7 machines, never personally seen the 50 hour error though.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis11 View Post

XTREMESupercomputer: Phase 2
    Live up to your name - November 1 - 8
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Cruncher
    WCG is working on that.

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...fset,40#265602
    Hello all,

The error rate for the windows platform on this application does have our attention. We are currently working very hard to bring two more science applications online before we are able to dedicate more of our time to fixing this issue. This error is different than most we have seen in the past and requires more dedicated time debugging it than usual. Please be patient with us and we will fix this issue.

Thanks,
    -Uplinger
    That was on Feb 1, 2010. Since then I believe DDDT2 went live. Let's see what the 2nd application is.
    For now ... just disable this project until a solution is found.
    Last edited by mreuter80; 03-15-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I've gotten problems on Vista...

Quote Originally Posted by mreuter80 View Post
    WCG is working on that.

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...fset,40#265602

That was on Feb 1, 2010. Since then I believe DDDT2 went live. Let's see what the 2nd application is.
    For now ... just disable this project until a solution is found.
    And I'm glad to know I was wrong about that part! Thanks for the info!