Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opera 10.50 released.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Xtreme Mentor
    Thanks, just installed.

I'm liking it so far but it's going to take a while to get used to the new toolbar.
    Last edited by BababooeyHTJ; 03-07-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    It could probably do with less glass, but I might try it anyway for a change. Although I hope the "optimised for Windows" and "Windows look and feel" is isolated to the Windows version.

Xtreme Addict
    Always loved Opera Recently though it seems to have gotten a couple more odd bugs, although I noticed Firefox has as well so I guess its all even still.
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

Xtreme Member
    It's not the final version, just another snapshot. There is a newer version than this one already available.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolZone View Post
    It's not the final version, just another snapshot. There is a newer version than this one already available.
    Sorry, I don't understand your post.
    What I linked is the official release and it's only 5 days old.

Xtreme Member
    The latest build is 3298, higher than the one you posted.

Here is the link to get the latest version:

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog...5/new-snapshot

Direct link : http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/Op...50_3298_in.exe
    Last edited by CoolZone; 03-08-2010 at 06:07 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    I just upgraded but I find that the new one looks weird :x

Looking for customisation.

Its still weird at the tab bar.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    I just upgraded but I find that the new one looks weird :x

Looking for customisation.

Its still weird at the tab bar.
    If it's having the tabs at the top thats feels weird for you, a good start for your
    customization could be to switch skin (Shift+F12) to "Windows Native Skin".

Xtreme Member
    Czech Republic, 50°4'52.22"N, 14°23'30.45"E
    Bah, not interested this time. The constant loss of session (with all settings and infos for form.filling) after every second comp crash was too disturbing. I have K-Meleon now, less demanding, not prob with session-loss and no change of GUI every 3 releases or so...
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    I think we should start a new "Fermi part <InsertNumberHere>" thread each time it's delayed in this fashion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Heck, I think we should start a whole new forum dedicated to hardware delays.

Xtreme Member
    The constant loss of session? Crash?
    Are you sure your system has stable overclock?
    Windows 8.1
    Asus M4A87TD EVO + Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3900MHz + HD3850
    APUs

Xtreme Mentor
    Mines not crashing, even while stressing my newfound sig overclock.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I love Opera. I only have 2 complaints. 1: I wish it didn't take up quite as much system memory. It tends to be a noticeable performance hit if you're ever using an old PC. 2: I wish it had better support. It seems web designers only care to code for IE/FF/Safari.

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL14
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'd be careful with this version. It seems the devs rushed it to get right on time for the EU Browser Ballot.

I've read stuff about bugs, problems when upgrading from 10.10, etc.
    Also, the fact that only the Windows version is available and both Linux and Mac OSX will be "released soon". All this seems like they rushed the Windows build.

I use Firefox myself, but I'd wait for a 10.51 or whatever they call the fixed version.

Xtreme Member
    Since 10.5 went pre-alpha, I've been using it exclusively... And the two later betas. Now I am on the later beta (Build 3273), but will definitely install this when I have the time... Hopefully they have finished the window-in-window thing.

The pre-alpha gave 2x points (about 2000 vs 4000) on Futuremark Peacekeeper. And looking at what kind of hardware was used for the other results, it looked reaally good.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post
    I love Opera. I only have 2 complaints. 1: I wish it didn't take up quite as much system memory. It tends to be a noticeable performance hit if you're ever using an old PC. 2: I wish it had better support. It seems web designers only care to code for IE/FF/Safari.
    I find Opera to run better on older systems than Firefox, by far. You can also adjust the memory cache. I do have to agree with you on the second part though, it would be nice to see some better support for Opera.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    I find Opera to run better on older systems than Firefox, by far. You can also adjust the memory cache. I do have to agree with you on the second part though, it would be nice to see some better support for Opera.
    CPU wise, I have found Opera to be more efficient as well. I have noticed on older computers, say a 2.8Ghz P4 that flash and embedded videos and media seem smoother than on IE or FF. However, it does seem to take up more RAM on average. And does lowering the memory cache have any noticeable effect on usability or functionality?

Ryzen 3800X @ 4.4Ghz
    MSI X570 Unify
    32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL14
    Sapphire Nitro Vega 64
    OCZ Gold 850W ZX Series
    Thermaltake LV10

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Couldn't agree more...i've tried it on my ol' Acer Aspire 2003wlmi, seems to have about 30-50MB less than FF, and seems to be snappier...

Quote Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post
    CPU wise, I have found Opera to be more efficient as well. I have noticed on older computers, say a 2.8Ghz P4 that flash and embedded videos and media seem smoother than on IE or FF. However, it does seem to take up more RAM on average. And does lowering the memory cache have any noticeable effect on usability or functionality?
    For me it is the opposite...less Ram and think maybe a little less cpu usage on the same set of tabs...

...i haven't found yet how to change the behaviour for links opening into new tabs...the relevant option is unticked, but no effect...apart from that i would like to not be transferred to newly opened tabs, but stay in the current one...

Xtreme Addict
    if you right click you can open it in a background tab. Also, links dont open in a new tab for me...
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by EniGmA1987 View Post
    if you right click you can open it in a background tab. Also, links dont open in a new tab for me...
    Isn't there an option to do that with normal left click ?

u can do that with click on mouse wheel (in which internet browser you open link in background tab with left click?)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEA View Post
    The constant loss of session? Crash?
    Are you sure your system has stable overclock?
    I actually do underclock on my laptop as low as possible. It takes longer time to find instabilities...looks good now in normal work, but if I have the notebook on my knees on sofa or so, it gets hotter and

And yes, I revereted the terrible EuroCase PSU to my desktop since I blown up power IC in my Seasonic (no money to buy new chips now) and it crashed several times too before I found the y PSU is cause of this
    I think we should start a new "Fermi part <InsertNumberHere>" thread each time it's delayed in this fashion!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    u can do that with click on mouse wheel (in which internet browser you open link in background tab with left click?)
    no, no...i meant for opening external links in the same tab....sorry, misunderstanding...

(e.g. New Post Notification emails from XSforums have the link of the thread, when i left-click on it , it opens in a new tab and brings it fore )
    Last edited by felix_w; 03-09-2010 at 08:29 AM.

you open link from some other application (like a mail client) or from opera? if you open it from opera then u can use wheel click

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    you open link from some other application (like a mail client) or from opera? if you open it from opera then u can use wheel click
    What I like on K-Meleon is it has far more wider settings possibilities like how to open tabs and so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast