Thread: Amazon Scammed?

Amazon Scammed?

Well, Last week I ordered a Asus G51Vx, Which is a powerful gaming laptop (maybe not in the CPU department).

Now, when I bought it, They marked it as new. Now they changed it to say Refurbished. Also, I contacted the day I got it. Because it even said then, It was refurbished on the side of the ASUS box I got. So I'm very upset. Time for pictures!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/Warboy/WTF-1.png

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-G51VX-RX0...7914021&sr=1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    Hello,

I apologize for this mix-up during packing, and for the fact that the "ASUS G51VX-RX05 15.6" Notebook " you received did not appear to be in new condition. It is certainly not our intention to ship used or refurbished products to our customers, and we will investigate the origin of this problem.

I've passed your message along to our shipping department and to minimize the chances of anything like this occurring again.

However, we would like to give you the options and please let us know how you would like us to proceed further.

1. You'd like us to send you a replacement order, but you will need to return the item.

(or)

2. We'll issue full refund (including shipping charges) when we receive the returned item.
    I picked opinion one, and they CLAIMED they were sending a NEW one. But still est say 3-4 weeks just like a refurbished product.

Main reason why I'm so upset is one thing, Warranty. 3 months of warranty isn't gonna cut it since NEW gets 2 years of warranty. Very disappointed at amazon.
    My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 TeraFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Build XT7 is currently active.
    Current OS Systems: Windows 10 64bit

Xtreme Mentor
    You can't really claim they scammed you if they gave you the option:

2. We'll issue full refund (including shipping charges) when we receive the returned item.
    You should have returned for the refund and gone a different route.

I wouldn't even consider getting a replacement from the same place because at this point there appears to be confusion on the Amazon end. Get your money and steer clear.
    Last edited by Speederlander; 03-06-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    I believe all G51s are "refurbished" now. They are out of production and new ones aren't available. Perhaps they weren't aware they were refurbished.

I purchased one a while ago, on ebay, which was refurbished. I know for a fact that they aren't sold "new" anymore. I believe Amazon has been mislead by their supplier.

EDIT: Mine is an RX01, which is also refubished and out of production. It has a different back on it, blue, with lightning. It also has a few different specs. I believe a lower capacity HDD in exchange for a more powerful processor.

Well, After a long talk with amazon over the phone. I picked to receive 20% back. But that goes to my amazon store card or my gift card.... So I'm just gonna buy a 3 year accidentally damage warranty from SquareTrade. Still just a big disappointment.

DySfunCtiOnal MeMbEr
    Sorry to hear about your issue / loss... I still trust Amazon over most of the other online retailers...
    Windows 7 64 Bit
    BenQ FP241W Black 24" LCD
    Mountain Mod Case w/ Base
    Asus Rampage III Black Edition
    i9-990x @ 4.58GHz - 1.36v Temps (Idle 23C - Load 48C)
    12GB Corsiar Dominator GT (PC3 15000) @ 9-9-9-24 1T - 1.65v
    Sapphire 5870 x3 "OC" w/ EK Water Block Temps (25C-49C)
    EK-Supreme / 4 Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump Ultras + Extras
    Power Supply / 2x Silver Stone DX1000
    Western Digital 1.0TB x 3
    Crosair SSD 128GB x 2

World Community Grid!

Quote Originally Posted by varrius View Post
    I believe all G51s are "refurbished" now. They are out of production and new ones aren't available. Perhaps they weren't aware they were refurbished.

I purchased one a while ago, on ebay, which was refurbished. I know for a fact that they aren't sold "new" anymore. I believe Amazon has been mislead by their supplier.

EDIT: Mine is an RX01, which is also refubished and out of production. It has a different back on it, blue, with lightning. It also has a few different specs. I believe a lower capacity HDD in exchange for a more powerful processor.
    There are currently 3 G51 still in production. I got the G51Vx-RX05, Later I'm gonna upgrade it to a 9 Cell battery, P9600 CPU, and maybe a LCD upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by malkiewicz View Post
    Sorry to hear about your issue / loss... I still trust Amazon over most of the other online retailers...
    I like amazon and all, but just really really disappointed. Since their the ones shipping it. They should have noticed it in the shipping department. When the box shows no marks other then ASUS and Refurbished. You know, get a call from amazon or a email saying "We noticed your product we were shipping is refurbished and the article is incorrect, do you wish to continue?" or something...

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    As far as I know Amazon does actually handle any of the goods they sell, it's all done by vendors.............
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Thats why I don't buy from amazon marketplace. Ever. $790 looks like the kind of price you would pay new for that laptop. Personally if it were me I would of got the people who shipped you that item to give you a 25% refund or honour what they said of it being new by giving you a 2 year warrenty.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    As far as I know Amazon does actually handle any of the goods they sell, it's all done by vendors.............
    look at the picture, it's directly from them. I bet they get refurbished units directly from asus and that's why the wait time is so big.