Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2 to have Lower System Requirements and Better Graphics than Crysis

Banned

Arrow Crysis 2 to have Lower System Requirements and Better Graphics than Crysis

In his India Game Developer Summit 2010 keynote speech, executive producer Carl Jones revealed that Crysis 2 will have lower system requirements and improved graphics capabilities when compared to Crysis.

Other interesting bits of news in the speech were that, besides Crysis 2, Crytek currently has four other games in development. One of them is Project W. Jones also told the audience that there is a lower-priced version of CryEngine 3 available for indie developers.

3 AAA games released, 5 in development

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?op...d=852&Itemid=1

I am Xtreme
    Go Crytek! But what other projects? Far Cry 3? What else?
    Last edited by zalbard; 03-04-2010 at 08:48 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Guru
    CryEngine 3 available for indie developers.
    Let's hope the engine is a good one then. I'm getting a bit tired of Unreal Engine 3 being used for nearly every game these days.

Xtreme Mentor
    Seriously I dont think the graphics will be that better saw the E3 trailer and was not impressed must say i would have liked Crysis 2 to push the envelope again.

Just cause 2 seems good graphic wise much impressed with its water effects
    Coming Soon

some screenshots can be found here looks pretty good http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,7...eenshots/News/
    Core i7 920 D0 Thermalright IFX-14
    Asus P6T I 3x2GB Patriot viper PC3-12800 8-8-8-24 2T
    I 2x WD Black 750GB 32mb raid0 I XFX 6970 2GB
    Dell U2311h 23" I Corsair AX850 I Antec P182 Black
    Soundblaster X-FI XtreameMusic I Logitech Z4 2.1 I Razer Imperator + Razer lycorsa

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Let's hope the engine is a good one then. I'm getting a bit tired of Unreal Engine 3 being used for nearly every game these days.
    I whole heartidly agree. I loved UE2 and 2.5. In general 3 has been a big let down for me ( I used to enjoy making maps / mods in 2/2.5 ; I've tried in 3 and it just isn't the same... )

Good to see Crytek are making an honest effort to push their IP.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    I dont think they need to go through the effort to allow everyone to play it. Thats why crysis was so big before, it was a benchmark, and if you could say that you could run crysis maxed.. you were a god.. we need this again. Dont settle for less.
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mabyboi View Post
    I dont think they need to go through the effort to allow everyone to play it. Thats why crysis was so big before, it was a benchmark, and if you could say that you could run crysis maxed.. you were a god.. we need this again. Dont settle for less.
    allowing alot of people not to play the game will not trasfer into sells though but yea i know what you mean, would be nice to get something that push grapichs in pc games further just like the first Crysis!
    Core i7 920 D0 Thermalright IFX-14
    Asus P6T I 3x2GB Patriot viper PC3-12800 8-8-8-24 2T
    I 2x WD Black 750GB 32mb raid0 I XFX 6970 2GB
    Dell U2311h 23" I Corsair AX850 I Antec P182 Black
    Soundblaster X-FI XtreameMusic I Logitech Z4 2.1 I Razer Imperator + Razer lycorsa

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboka View Post
    allowing alot of people not to play the game will not trasfer into sells though but yea i know what you mean, would be nice to get something that push grapichs in pc games further just like the first Crysis!
    and yet, how many copies were sold of crysis? its that "you want what you cant have" mentality.
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Go Crytek! But what other projects? Far Cry 3? What else?
    They don't own the rights to the Far Cry brand do they? They would have to licence it from Ubisoft.
    Core i7 920, Gigabyte x58-USB3, Radeon 5850 [CF coming soon], 6GB OCZ Platinum, Corsair 40GB Force, 3x 2TB Spinpoint F4, Silverstone OP1000, Dell XPS Studio Case.

Alienware M11x.

Xtreme Member
    Yup, they sold the Far Cry brand to Ubisoft long ago.

I'm guessing Timesplitters is one of their projects and definitely some non-fps game.

Banned
    what about the medieval scenes from CE3 tech demo?

I wonder if they are developing a RPG
    Last edited by -Sweeper_; 03-04-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    some screenshots can be found here looks pretty good http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,7...eenshots/News/
    Agree this looking pretty good is an understatement. Any other games with better screenshots ..no don't think so.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    They should always push one end of the spectrum, to keep games innovating. The moment they stop doing that, is the moment we'll get console ports from them.

As long as they make sure processor/GPU intensive aaspects can be lowered for aminstream users to play it too, then everyone's a winner.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabyboi View Post
    and yet, how many copies were sold of crysis? its that "you want what you cant have" mentality.
    i totally agree with what you're saying..
    nvidia and ati should push money towards companies like this imo as well to make up for lack of sales for people who cant play the game
    since games like these are what keep ppl buying the newest highest end gfx card

i literally went out and bought a 24" lcd and 8800gtx just for this game..needless to say i couldn't play on the highest smoothly like we were promised..it was still awesome to play.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Motiv View Post
    They should always push one end of the spectrum, to keep games innovating. The moment they stop doing that, is the moment we'll get console ports from them.

As long as they make sure processor/GPU intensive aaspects can be lowered for aminstream users to play it too, then everyone's a winner.
    Indeed, Crysis is playable with a lot of cards if AA and Dx10 is not enabled, of course it wouldn't be that eye-candy but well, you can just activate it for a momment, take a look, say a "Wooaa, nice stuff" Lower details and keep playing, obviusly don't paying attention because the only damn thing in your mind will be "Damn, I have to sell this bunch of crap and get a new more powerful computer" :P

Good to know that Crytek is working on optimisation, no more people ing arround saying "Oh this crap is bad optimezed, those bastards!"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Is this gonna be better optimized for Nvidia cards again?
    Modded Cosmos. | Maximus II Formula. Bios 1307| 2x2 Mushkin XP ASCENT 8500 | Q9550-E0- 4.10 + TRUE | Visiontek HD4870X2 | LN32A550 1920x1080 | X-FI Extreme Gamer | Z5300E | G15v.1 | G7 | MX518 | Corsair HX1000 | X25-MG2 80G | 5xHDD

Xtreme Addict

Holy crap ....Looks like the suit is on steroids or something. Maybe it was working in between games or something. Just looks beefier!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry, but this reeks of the filth that only comes from being a console port. Hip Hip hooray for prerendered screenshots that look 1000x better than the endproduct. If not, awesome though.

Xtreme Addict
    Why do so many games use poop graphics, this poop brown filter stuff, DirT2, this, and a whole lot of other games. This doesn't look as bad as some, but it's predominantly brown, grey and blue. Some screenshots are almost completely blue/grey. It's like they said, hmm how can we change that brown look in games, I know, just turn it blue-grey! It just doesn't look lifelike to me. Crysis looked a lot more natural.
    Last edited by Tim; 03-04-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Why do so many games use poop graphics, this poop brown filter stuff, DirT2, this, and a whole lot of other games. This doesn't look as bad as some, but it's predominantly brown, grey and blue. Some screenshots are almost completely blue/grey. It's like they said, hmm how can we change that brown look in games, I know, just turn it blue-grey! It just doesn't look lifelike to me. Crysis looked a lot more natural.
    That's what I think of most UE3 engine games, the colors are sooooo dull, I even miss the older engines' crappier but more lively graphics and colors. The game with most horrible colors must be Red Faction Guerilla. 90% in the game looks brownish.

I remember how I at one point was complaining about FarCry1's or Serious Sam's overblown HDR and saturated colors. Now I'm even missing them! xD
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 03-04-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Addict
    I thought the Crysis island had lovely colours, but also varied throughout the game, not just the paradise stuff, also the caves, and spaceship, and ice levels. But this just doesn't look right at all to me. But that's just my opinion.

Textures and post processiong look real good, so that's a nice improvement.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    we need more Serious Sam lol
    SYSTEM
    i5-3750K @ 4.6ghz - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - 16GB Samsung DDR3 - Sapphire R7 370 Nitro 4GB
    Water Cooling
    EK Supremecy - DDC-3.2 w/XSPC Top -Swiftech MCR320-QP - EK Multioption 150

Xtreme Cruncher
    i still think that crysis 2 will have jacked up very high settings. hopefully it wont take as long to max out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    That's what I think of most UE3 engine games, the colors are sooooo dull, I even miss the older engines' crappier but more lively graphics and colors. The game with most horrible colors must be Red Faction Guerilla. 90% in the game looks brownish.

I remember how I at one point was complaining about FarCry1's or Serious Sam's overblown HDR and saturated colors. Now I'm even missing them! xD
    that's 100% up to the artist. its their job to create materials and the engine does the math. rainbow six vegas 1 & 2 are colorful and they use UE3. personally i hate how games look like they are made of wax. why should specularity be used everywhere?

Xtreme Addict
    Crysis: LOST EDITION. The tropical photography simulator.

I'd love to see Elder Scrolls 5 in the cryengine

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast