Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: EVGA SR2-It is here and OH MY GOD is it a thing of beauty!

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Your girl friend liked it then?
    Moaning or just a soft sigh?
    As of right now she is literally unable to stand or walk...

but since you brought up that topic, a classic joke:

The programmer compiled an array of reasons as to why he can’t find a girlfriend with a good <HEAD> on her <BODY>, reason 0 being that he has limited cache. So he searches his memory to recall connecting to the TCP/IP tunnel of his last girlfriend — sometimes even without a secure socket. His last girlfriend always complained about his lack of comments. He fumed, “I hate commenting!” Realizing it was a program requirement, he told her she had nice bits. This resulted in a Syntax Error. Now she demanded a massage, but this was rejected as “Feature Creep.” He smacked her back-end and shouted, “Who’s your parent node?!” He scanned for open ports. He attempted to install a backdoor worm but her response was 403. While his data uploaded into her input device, she considered terminating the process. But instead she initiated a Do While loop where she recalled a previous boyfriend with a larger pointer. To expedite the routine routine, she screamed, “Hack into my system! Hack deep into my system! You’re 1337, baby!” This caused his stack to overflow, and he shot his GUI on her interface.

Unix sex:

co /dev/pub/pint > /dev/girl
    mv /dev/girl /dev/house
    mount /dev/girl
    touch
    unzip
    finger
    fsck
    yes
    yes
    yes
    umount girl
    zip
    sleep
    Last edited by nn_step; 03-16-2010 at 08:12 PM.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Cruncher
    Holy nn_step that was some hot programing.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Holy thread derail Batman!

Oh, for those that don't know EVGA today released the price on this monster:
    $599.95.. Fair I think..
    $500 would have been a giveaway and $700 would have been too much for the market to accept..Well done.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

YouTube Addict
    Holy thread derail Batman!

Oh, for those that don't know EVGA today released the price on this monster:
    $599.95.. Fair I think..
    $500 would have been a giveaway and $700 would have been too much for the market to accept..Well done.
    no this would be thread derailment

That's enough ok?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Movieman; 03-16-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm already on the pre-order list Dave!! Fair price indeed & I'm not joking. Glad to see you got it up and running, well, just not running but nice little OC for the volts used ...might be great chips for LN2 but do yourself a favour, get rid of those noisy Deltas and get those cpus under water!! When I do get the board, and finally save enough loot for some cpus, might PM you for some input as to which ones to get. Congrats on the board, MM case and getting it going..those Wprime runs make me drrrrooooooolllll!!!

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

c[_]
    There's a pre-order list? How do I get on it?

Might be selling my UD5 so the faster I get a replacement the better... but then I need a case.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    OK, I waited to post....Now I have something to say...

Congrats on the new Rig Dave!! She rocks, like you thought she would. (Yes, she's a she, you know what I mean. Some start up problems in the "relationship".....)

How about this idea...... Jon's "new rig" goes on loonym's account here., I join you with some/all of my rigs, and the rest of the team make their choices. We supply Jon's soft key to those who wish to pile on to the score. We drive Jon's score to an astronomical level, way above DDT's, then we all chase that score. Something like 150 mill, BOINC points?

Even though "her" name is Jon's rig, do we have Loonym's soft key from WCG? You know we can get it. I did it for Scott. I'm willing to go after Jon's key. LMK.

Sound good?

Regards,
    Bob
    Last edited by 123bob; 03-17-2010 at 12:41 AM.
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here

Xtreme Cruncher
    123bob
    Member of XS WCG since 2006-11-25

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    OK, just for a reference point on how truly awesome Dave's rig is....

My dually X5492 Harper draws 464 watts at full WCG load. It produces, by eyeball, an average of 35K WCG points per day. Dave's rig does over 100k per day on some 6xx watts.

Do the math. For high power cost areas, this may make some sense, particularly if we can catch some kind of break on the initial costs. Group buy? How about because we are just nice folks here? I don't know the keys to this, but we seem to be able, as a team, to walk with the "golden goose" every now and then.....

Hmmm, It's got me thinking now.....
    Bob
    Go Here, Or Here

Coat It with GOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by 123bob View Post

My dually X5492 Harper draws 464 watts at full WCG load. It produces, by eyeball, an average of 35K WCG points per day. Dave's rig does over 100k per day on some 6xx watts.

Do the math. For high power cost areas, this may make some sense, particularly if we can catch some kind of break on the initial costs. Group buy? How about because we are just nice folks here? I don't know the keys to this, but we seem to be able, as a team, to walk with the "golden goose" every now and then.....

Bob
    I'm all for putting a bit towards that, but I'm just selfish enough to want to have some kinda joint custody plan in place if building my own falls through
    Main-- i7-980x @ 4.5GHZ | Asus P6X58D-E | HD5850 @ 950core 1250mem | 2x160GB intel x25-m G2's |
    Wife-- i7-860 @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte P55M-UD4 | HD5770 | 80GB Intel x25-m |
    HTPC1-- Q9450 | Asus P5E-VM | HD3450 | 1TB storage
    HTPC2-- QX9750 | Asus P5E-VM | 1TB storage |
    Car-- T7400 | Kontron mini-ITX board | 80GB Intel x25-m | Azunetech X-meridian for sound |

Xtreme Mentor

Bob
    Yeah its not that bad at all. Figure my stand alone i7 build @ 4ghz burns 320W stand alone no display card via kill-a-watt reading. Doing some math 320W x 3 to get the 12 cores Dave's got thats 960W. Wowzer thats a huge savings 300W gotta love the new 32nm. Jeeze up here thats $42 in electricity savings a month!
    Last edited by =[PULSAR]=; 03-17-2010 at 02:04 AM.

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Blauhung View Post
    I'm all for putting a bit towards that, but I'm just selfish enough to want to have some kinda joint custody plan in place if building my own falls through
    Hehe, afraid of commitments? I understand that. I negotiated sole custody when we went over the real costs of raising kids. I have sole custody, and all the responsibility that goes with it. I've been very pleased with it, as well as my ex. Possibly one of the few really mature decisions we made together....

What I'd like to see is our whole team take the leap of faith, and drive Loonym's score to the goal as fast as we can. My entire farm is here, and has been elsewhere before.....

It may be like driving under the caution flag in an Indy race. We do this with a gentleman's agreement not to pass under the yellow......

Those that violate this rule will suffer from the wrath of a "piggy pile" on the person in question??

Bob
    Last edited by 123bob; 03-17-2010 at 01:56 AM.
    Go Here, Or Here

Coat It with GOOOO
    Hehe, afraid of commitments? I understand that. I negotiated sole custody when we went over the real costs of raising kids. I have sole custody, and all the responsibility that goes with it. I've been very pleased with it, as well as my ex. Possibly one of the few really mature decisions we made together....

What I'd like to see is our whole team take the leap of faith, and drive Loonym's score to the goal as fast as we can. My entire farm is here, and has been elsewhere before.....

It may be like driving under the caution flag in an Indy race. We do this with a gentleman's agreement not to pass under the yellow......

Those that violate this rule will suffer from the wrath of a "piggy pile" on the person in question??

Bob
    Hehe, i don't really care who my points go to, and Loonym's memory is a far better place to put them than my own ego. I just like being able to play with the hardware
    Main-- i7-980x @ 4.5GHZ | Asus P6X58D-E | HD5850 @ 950core 1250mem | 2x160GB intel x25-m G2's |
    Wife-- i7-860 @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte P55M-UD4 | HD5770 | 80GB Intel x25-m |
    HTPC1-- Q9450 | Asus P5E-VM | HD3450 | 1TB storage
    HTPC2-- QX9750 | Asus P5E-VM | 1TB storage |
    Car-- T7400 | Kontron mini-ITX board | 80GB Intel x25-m | Azunetech X-meridian for sound |

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by =[PULSAR]= View Post
    Yeah its not that bad at all. Figure my stand alone i7 build @ 4ghz burns 320W stand alone no display card via kill-a-watt reading. Doing some math 320W x 3 to get the 12 cores Dave's got thats 960W. Wowzer thats a huge savings 300W gotta love the new 32nm. Jeeze up here thats $39 in electricity savings a month!
    Yup, it builds fast. Out here power is only 5 cents per KWH. Still cheap. For me, the math may not work. For those on the east coast, it may work. For those in Europe I think it would definitely work.....

Bob
    Go Here, Or Here

Xtreme Mentor
    Last time I check it was 20 cents here not really economical to fold here but I do it anyways.

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Blauhung View Post
    Hehe, i don't really care who my points go to, and Loonym's memory is a far better place to put them than my own ego. I just like being able to play with the hardware
    Crossed posts...

I think the same way! I have no ego. It's all about hte goal for me. The ONLY score I care about is WCG's and the projects getting completed.

Although, that opteron thread has me thinking too...IDK.
    Go Here, Or Here

No Too Xtreme
    It is, in fact, a thing of beauty.
    Hey, You! Know anyone that died of Cancer or Aids? Do something about it. Crunch for World Community Grid. Join Xtreme Systems in helping fight the most important war in human history. The war on disease. WCG needs YOU!

World Community Grid Registration

V3 Xeons coming soon!

Congrats on the new Rig Dave!! She rocks, like you thought she would. (Yes, she's a she, you know what I mean. Some start up problems in the "relationship".....)

How about this idea...... Jon's "new rig" goes on loonym's account here., I join you with some/all of my rigs, and the rest of the team make their choices. We supply Jon's soft key to those who wish to pile on to the score. We drive Jon's score to an astronomical level, way above DDT's, then we all chase that score. Something like 150 mill, BOINC points?

Even though "her" name is Jon's rig, do we have Loonym's soft key from WCG? You know we can get it. I did it for Scott. I'm willing to go after Jon's key. LMK.

Sound good?

Regards,
    Bob
    See the lengths that Bob will go to make sure I don't get any "pie"?
    Ok, that was the comedy now to business.
    I love the idea Bob. You get me the info I need and I'll move it to Jon's account.
    I also think I found the sweet spot for this machine for 24/7 work
    4000mhz(20x200) and looking at right on at 100K per day at that speed.
    Dropping from 4200 pulled temps from mid 60's to mid 50's..
    Last edited by Movieman; 03-17-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

600 odd watts! That is amazingly efficient.

I also think I found the sweet spot for this machine for 24/7 work
    Was the issue mostly temperature or were there some stability issues?

version 2.0
    Power draw will be much better at 4.0 Ghz .

The difference in ppd 4Ghz compared to 4.2Ghz will be minimal.

Xtreme Mentor
    Dropping from 4200 pulled temps from mid 60's to mid 50's..
    Very intresting.
    Uncore x20? Vcore , VVT would be interesting to know, and some screens with load-volt/temps would be nice to see too.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (BIOS 1305)
    2600K @4.5GHz 1.27v , 1 hour Prime
    Silver Arrow , push/pull
    2x2GB Crucial 1066MHz CL7 ECC @1600MHz CL9 1.51v
    GTX560 GB OC @910/2400 0.987v
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 400MB RAMDisk
    CM Storm Scout + Corsair HX 1000W
    +
    EVGA SR-2 , A50
    2 x Xeon X5650 @3.86GHz(203x19) 1.20v
    Megahalem + Silver Arrow , push/pull
    3x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7 + 3x4GB G.SKILL Trident 1600 CL7 = 18GB @1624 7-8-7-20 1.65v
    XFX GTX 295 @650/1200/1402
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 2GB RAMDisk
    SilverStone Fortress FT01 + Corsair AX 1200W

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
    Power draw will be much better at 4.0 Ghz .

The difference in ppd 4Ghz compared to 4.2Ghz will be minimal.
    Oh. That makes a lot of sense. Which reminds me, I wonder how what Movie Man has (has he stated it yet?), if underclocked, would compare to a L5640 in terms of energy efficiency...

Xtreme Cruncher

Sound good?

Regards,
    Bob
    This is a killer Idea.... I am down, only have 30k ppd but I'll move these over if this is a go! Nice thinkin bob!
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Xtreme Legend
    I gotta ask you all....

Build cost estimate for a crunching version of this rig, you know the stuff...... processors that will get to 4.0, enough ram to do it justice but no more and the quality/speed needed just to crunch 100k

No worries about a case I will go upmarket and use plywood instead of cardboard (It would live in a server rack really)

EDIT: I'd throw a rig on Jon's account and be happy I could!!

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Back from the Dead

Bob
    Wanna talk energy efficiency? Talk to me..

Dual X5650, approx. 72k PPD. 24 Threads running BOINC, it draws just shy of 300W from the wall.
    Tyan S7002, 6x1GB DDR3, 1x SSD, 1x ATI X1550, Seasonic S12-II 430.

World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast