Thread: Motherboard selection help quad sli-ing

Motherboard selection help quad sli-ing

(If you want to skip my post about my system, go to the bottom and read the caps)Well I have a e8500 at 4.1 right now stable on a p5q. My old graphic card went out so I bought two 9800 gx2's. Should be fun to see what I can do on crysis right? Well I have ddr2 ram right now in my board, and I want to go 790i to get the boost for my sli. (it has been proven the 790i gets better fps then the 780i and 680i) but I don't really want to have to buy new ram for a hundred bucks. Are there any ddr2 sli boards that have the same whatever it is that makes the 790i tick? I think somehow it is just maybe the board, and I can't get performance like the 790i.

Can someone help me out with this. What is my next best option to get FPS, other then the 790i while I have four graphic cards. (ddr2 ram please)

If 790i is just awesome and worth the 100 bucks to get new ram, please let me know your opinion. This is an opinion thread.

WHAT IS THE BEST DDR2 MOTHERBOARD FOR SLI FPS???

there are no quad sli and ddr2 boards, u can run sli with 2x gx2 on any intel chipset board u just need fixed drivers. the only official ddr2 options are crap with teh 680i or 780i and thier derivatives u could go amd with a 780a but that would defeat the purpose of being in the intel section
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    there are no quad sli and ddr2 boards, u can run sli with 2x gx2 on any intel chipset board u just need fixed drivers. the only official ddr2 options are crap with teh 680i or 780i and thier derivatives u could go amd with a 780a but that would defeat the purpose of being in the intel section
    Ok, thanks for this info.

I was under the impression crossfire boards such as MSI x48c was able to do SLI also. I just found out they aren't.

I will just upgrade to ddr3. Thanks

u can use an x48 or a p45 or any other intel chipset with sli u just have to get fixed drivers for the 775
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    u can use an x48 or a p45 or any other intel chipset with sli u just have to get fixed drivers for the 775
    Thanks.

I have a quick question I am sure someone can answer with one post also.

I have a 10k 36gb sata hd and for some reaon when i boot to vista disk to install a new OS, it wont let me go to the 10k hd even though it recognizes it. I have a hard time believing it is a driver issue, but maybe it is :S. It is plugged in correctly
    Last edited by 2jz.s13; 05-30-2010 at 03:19 PM.

I get error 0x80070000d

When my system loads, I get my bios telling me the 10k is a PATA. I think this could be my problem. Do I need drivers, disable raid or sata? I don't know, i've read a few things off google about it, but can i get some help or will I need to post in a different section?

fixed it by unplugging the other sata drive. So only one hd came up in the vista install.