Thread: GeForce/ION Driver Release 197.13 WHQL

Xtreme Mentor

GeForce/ION Driver Release 197.13 WHQL

New in Version 197.13

* Adds support for Next Generation ION.
    * Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
    * Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
    * Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.0.9.1 (for supported GPUs).
    * Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

o Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
    o Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
    o Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
    o Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
    o Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
    o Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology

* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
    * Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft
    * Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
    * Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
    * Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Download
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

Xtreme Member
    Czech Republic, 50°4'52.22"N, 14°23'30.45"E
    Anyone can confirm the improvements?
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    I think we should start a new "Fermi part <InsertNumberHere>" thread each time it's delayed in this fashion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Heck, I think we should start a whole new forum dedicated to hardware delays.

I am Xtreme
    Not as good looking as 10.3, but still, the performance boost is quite noticeable, nice!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

I have tested with my 295 in crysis, The diferences was +5 fps in minimum frames(from 16 to 21), average and max fps was the same.
    And in dirt2 which isn't in the list, I have +5 fps in average and minimum. Very steady permormance I'll say.

196.21 vs 197.13.
    Nvidia's Fermi GTX480 is broken and unfixable,Hot, slow, late and unmanufacturable
    As we have been saying since last May, Fermi GF100 is the wrong chip, made the wrong way, for the wrong reasons.
    by Charlie Demerjian

Xtreme Guru
    Performance wise this is a very good driver. But I wish they improved alt-tabbing with 19x.xx drivers but it seems to help if you select max performance instead of adaptive in the nvidia cpanel for the new power consumption setting but alt-tabbing still doesn't work as great as it did with pre 19x.xx drivers and you may have 3D clocks locking down to 2D clocks and only a restart will help.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 03-25-2010 at 08:32 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Mentor
    +1 improved fps in BC2 in SLI.